• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Second guessing movies/series events.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When i watch movies or series I'm usually second guessing which characters are gonna live, which are gonna die. I usually reason along these lines:
''This villain is one of the main ones, he won't die that soon''
''This guy has a secondary role and even though he is a ''good guy'', he has made enough mistakes to justify getting killed, so he's probably gonna die now''
''Killing this guy would make the main actor seem too evil, he won't do that''

Do you guys and gals relate?? I'm wondering if this is a NTP thing. And perhaps Enneagram 5. That's part of the reason i mostly watch films alone. I'm usually tempted ro reveal my projections and ruin everybody's fun. I was tempted to give some examples, aka spoilers. :devil:

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
Yep. :) I also love thinking who did it - in crime-storries and thrillers. It's usually the best friend with selfless attitude. Nobody believes in friendship these days. :devil:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When i watch movies or series I'm usually second guessing which characters are gonna live, which are gonna die. I usually reason along these lines:
''This guy has a secondary role and even though he is a ''good guy'', he has made enough mistakes to justify getting killed, so he's probably gonna die now''

Do you guys and gals relate?? I'm wondering if this is a NTP thing. And perhaps Enneagram 5. That's part of the reason i mostly watch films alone. I'm usually tempted ro reveal my projections and ruin everybody's fun. I was tempted to give some examples, aka spoilers. :devil:

I do this to some extent but don't usually voice my predictions out loud. It drives me nuts when others are constantly voicing predictions and motives of characters out loud. Just let me concentrate on the movie and let me analyze it in my own way.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup, I do that. I like it when the story surprises me and confounds my predictions. I'm also mistrustful of plots entirely based on clever setups, because in the end the cleverness depends on the writer and director's intelligence and if they drop the ball I get pissed.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I do this to some extent but don't usually voice my predictions out loud. It drives me nuts when others are constantly voicing predictions and motives of characters out loud. Just let me concentrate on the movie and let me analyze it in my own way.

This.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I do that. I'm always guessing (out loud). It annoys my friends, but when I'm right it's pretty cool.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP

No, I never do this.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I do this as well, although not out loud as I would find that obnoxious.
There is typically a formula in movies, particularly horror and thrillers, and I like to see how closely they follow it.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I do this sometimes quietly to myself. It would be rude to talk during a movie. Best recent example I have is watching The Usual Suspects. As soon as the big villain guy whose name I forget was announced, I correctly guessed who it was. But that movie wasn't very tricky.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course!

Everybody of my friends loved The Bourne Identity. I was actually pissed that the protagonist didn't die :laugh: - just so they could throw up a couple of sequels.

I like to be surprised, and it's always kind of boring if the story goes along the ways I imagined it would. I want to be wrong! Unexpected turns and twists (that are still plausible) make for a much nicer narrative.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to be surprised, and it's always kind of boring if the story goes along the ways I imagined it would. I want to be wrong! Unexpected turns and twists (that are still plausible) make for a much nicer narrative.
Agreed, unexpected but plausible are fun. But when the unexpected is not plausible it gets awful! That reminds me of a movie called ''The Mist''. It was funny to see the reactions of the cinema audience at the ending. :cheese: