• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are NTJs more like NFPs than NTPs?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it seems to me that NTJs are really more like NFPs than they are like NTPs and NFPs are more like NTJs than NFJs. do the NTJs (and NTPs) on this forum agree with this?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Glad that we got that settled.

I was looking more for if other NTJs agreed with the results. the reasoning itself is quite simple and hardly enough to merit a thread for it's own sake

Nicodemus

I was looking more for if other NTJs agreed with the results.
As in: Do you feel any kinship? No, I do not.

I think the question is similar to asking: Do you, man, feel more like a polar or a brown bear?

rav3n

No, hence why there are 16 types in MBTI where some don't even fit into these categories.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More compatible, yes.
More alike, depends on the perspective.
I bet a STJ would think NFPs are more like NTPs than NTJs, but i don't have the time to elaborate.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I feel a sort of kindred spirit thing with every NP that I meet. An Fi/Te commonality wouldn't be any more viable in my opinion than an Ne/Si commonality. All NP's "speak the same language" - meaning their primary mode of extroverting is Ne. I usually click with them right away. Even if they go off on some crazy Ne rant that I don't feel like listening to, I at least understand it and feel a "sameness" with them. With NJ's, it sometimes takes me a long time to determine if they're even N's or not, cuz Ni sort of stays under the radar - it can be hard to pick up on. I've thought many INTJ's were ISTJ until I really got to know them better. I've probably mistaked INFJ's for ISFJ's as well too. But, when someone starts Ne-ing, I can spot it from a mile away - and I usually laugh at or relate to what they're saying, at least on some level.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel a sort of kindred spirit thing with every NP that I meet. An Fi/Te commonality wouldn't be any more viable in my opinion than an Ne/Si commonality. All NP's "speak the same language" - meaning their primary mode of extroverting is Ne. I usually click with them right away. Even if they go off on some crazy Ne rant that I don't feel like listening to, I at least understand it and feel a "sameness" with them. With NJ's, it sometimes takes me a long time to determine if they're even N's or not.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS. Though I can clash with NTPs when they're in heavy Ti mode, I sometimes feel really understood by certain ENTPs, especially, because we're both Ne doms. There's an "openness" or something there than Ni doms don't have, even though I share Fi/Te with INTJs. I feel sometimes like ENTPs are more similar to me in how they kind of can shift, adjust, let things go, forgive and forget, whatever.

Same thing with SFJs. I think the fact that I share Si/Ne with them can be enough of a connectin because I have so much Si ...but ONLY IF they have a lot of Ne development. Smart SFJs with a lot of Ne I can actually click with in this way I can't explain, even though they don't like discussing theory as much as me, or telling me I'm being too general or something.

People of any types can get along. I felt a really intense connection once with an ENTJ male IRL, and I sometimes feel like certain ENTJ women on-line are almost ENFP-ish.

The people I think I have the biggest clashes with are STPs and ESTJs, and I feel repressed by some ISTJs, but also like them in a way, it depends on the individual.

Oh I should probably tack on here that I can feel a strong similarity with certain SFPs, too. ShortnSweet, an ESFP on this site, really seems ...I don't know, like she says things I want to say or agree with a lot. And I do have some qualities I share with my ESFP mother.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes NTJs and NFPs share Fi and Te... on a similar note, I find that I can relate very well to NFJs I know on here and IRL.

Theory is theory, though. One of my best friends is INTJ and despite not sharing Fi and Te we're strikingly alike in terms of personality, values, hobbies, and opinions on most things. I suppose how we think/reach conclusions are probably different.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I suppose this explains, in part, the intj-infp attraction. Thanks for the plausible explanation. I've experienced this before.

I sometimes think I've wanted to kiss every INTJ male I ever met IRL. LOL.

I haven't met that many, so don't call me a slut.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well want and did are two different things anyway :p

I have kissed at least one INTJ male, if that's what you're insinuating.

I think it would have been in poor form to kiss my married math professor.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I have kissed at least one INTJ male, if that's what you're insinuating.

I think it would have been in poor form to kiss my married math professor.

Nonsense. If I had a hot professor, I might pursue it.