• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Exhausted Te?

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Did your Te ever get tired? If yes, how do you deal with it? How does it feel?

I think I'm in that situation now. It probably means I need vacation. It is even reflected in the Cognitive Function Test... from +50% down to just below 40%.

I feel like I don't want to deal with the world right now.... just wanna stay at home, no parties. I still have my plans and schedule, but I don't feel alive while executing them.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it has, it was from underuse and atrophy. The less you plan, the harder it becomes to make yourself.

I'm thinking your situation probably has to do with something other than cognitive functions...something like depression, maybe.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
something like depression, maybe.

I was thinking about that option... haven't been able to rule it out.

Also interesting: My Fi rose almost by the same degree with which my Te sank.

Is this a Ni-Fi loop? Never really understood what that is.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I need to apply Te in situations involving minimal Ni, that can be tiring if it goes on very long. A prime example is sorting and cataloging existing information, or doing detail-oriented work like proofreading. I have to force my mind to focus on the task and not to wander. To me, this is an unbalanced use of Te, in that it is almost leading rather than acting as an aux function, a bit like trying to hop everywhere on one foot rather than walk on two legs. I suspect some of the fatigue comes from trying to maintain that focus, and essentially keep Ni curbed until appropriate.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If I need to apply Te in situations involving minimal Ni, that can be tiring

I wanted to say the same thing. Totally agree with you! That kind of ISTJ work where you can't use your imagination or intuition... really drains me.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm. Can't say I relate. I find Te kind of relaxing and empowering actually. When I'm not able to use it, the chaos just drains me.

However, I loathe Si. That is the function that drains me. (I need to get over that).

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I need to apply Te in situations involving minimal Ni, that can be tiring if it goes on very long. A prime example is sorting and cataloging existing information, or doing detail-oriented work like proofreading. I have to force my mind to focus on the task and not to wander. To me, this is an unbalanced use of Te, in that it is almost leading rather than acting as an aux function, a bit like trying to hop everywhere on one foot rather than walk on two legs. I suspect some of the fatigue comes from trying to maintain that focus, and essentially keep Ni curbed until appropriate.

I have the same problem. If you ask me to proofread something, I'll do it...for half a page. Then my mind wanders off the page, thinking about what I'd like to do next. But I have ADHD.

Odyne

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Did your Te ever get tired? If yes, how do you deal with it? How does it feel?

At times. When I am faced with senseless opposition, or nonsensical unproductive conflicts..especially the ones where you're getting attacked for who you are and for your ideas or work. Basically, when others are being total idiots.

I get tired of it and often times feel like walking away from it all. To hell with it if it all crumbles.

I feel like I don't want to deal with the world right now.... just wanna stay at home, no parties. I still have my plans and schedule, but I don't feel alive while executing them.

Yeah, at times like these I simply retreat and immerse myself in books, documentaries and do things I like.

T

ThatGirl

Assuming I use the function Te as I understand it. Mine only ever gets tired when it is not effective, and that leads to other functions becoming more dominant. More often than not, I have to reel it in, so that I am only focusing to deploy it where it is effective (necessary), and not trying to feed it.

Maybe I am OCD, Lol.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think I have a comparatively well-developed 'Te' for an INFP.

Does anyone else who's read my posts agree?

(by the way I don't mean to rhyme (bonus Ti/Te usage, +10 consistency points))

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I have a comparatively well-developed 'Te' for an INFP.

Does anyone else who's read my posts agree?

(by the way I don't mean to rhyme (bonus Ti/Te usage, +10 consistency points))

:laugh: That's Ne, not Te.