• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP to ENTJ - WHAT!?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
A bit weird because only two days ago I woke up and realized I don't spend alone time anymore (that I used to in order to recuperate from stressful weeks - it was my Ti wanting to figure shit out)

That's a good thing. That alone time most likely indicated that the stresses of life had you depressed. Ti, when it gets stronger, figures shit out on the fly. Having to cogitate means that something's out of whack if you're an E

Lets see - I worry WAAY more.

More responsibility.

I'm a lot more organized.

Most likely out of necessity.

I used to have a certain way with words that I haven't been able to use lately (in the past year).

You're probably learning to become more efficient with your language, without even knowing it.

I get stressed about things I wouldn`t usually care about.

Once again, getting older and having more responsibilities.

I`ve thought of myself as a control freak atleast 10 times this year.

Probably because the morons won't listen to good sense.

I feel inappropriate making certain jokes (like that was ever a problem with me).

You're getting older - you've got a reputation to uphold now.

I understand calculus a lot better now.

Probably because they're wasting your time with arithmetic much less than they used to.

I`m a lot less of an idealist and a lot more determined (practically).

You're finally invested in something. Don't forget - ENTPs, once invested in something, pursue that objective with a single-minded focus that almost seems like madness. The small stuff isn't dragging you down, because you care.

I use fuck a lot less.

You're older, getting better with language, and feel more powerful, meaning that you don't have to swear to compensate for powerlessness as much. Alternatively, maybe the word's just played out with you.

I`m a LOT less patient.

Bull manure. ENTPs are impatient, have always been impatient, and always will be impatient, and there's no changing that. It's pretty much what defines us - we want it done NOW. Perhaps you just have more on your plate, and have less time to deal with delays, making the impatience feel more acute.

SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING

Something.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
mbti comes from words myers briggs type indicator. test works just an indicator for deciding your type, its not even meant to give you type, just to guide you for finding your type..

i should also mention that your type doesent change, even if you learn to be more organized. but ENTP who is good at organizing can be mistyped to ENTJ by crap tests pretty easily

also free internet tests suck balls. if you want more accurate indication finding your type, try tests like MBTI Form M

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
You seem a little crazy.

What so crazy about that. Anyone can flip a P to a J if he wants to.

I am fully aware of that relationship. I just don't give a fuck about going to J mode that is all.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
What so crazy about that. Anyone can flip a P to a J if he wants to.

changing from ENTP to ENTJ would mean giving up from Ne Ti Fe and Si and using Te Ni Se Fi instead. so i kinda say no to that, learning to be more organized doesent mean changing your functions. giving up your functions would mean total resetting of your brains

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
changing from ENTP to ENTJ would mean giving up from Ne Ti Fe and Si and using Te Ni Se Fi instead. so i kinda say no to that, learning to be more organized doesent mean changing your functions. giving up your functions would mean total resetting of your brains

For that you'ld need to see functions tho as somekind of natural law. And in my book, they are way way far away from being that

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
For that you'ld need to see functions tho as somekind of natural law. And in my book, they are way way far away from being that

well in my book, the science shows that different types use their brains very differently(more activity in other parts and/or different frequencies in same area).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Sure, but that's not enough to come to the conclusion we are all made of those 4 functions

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

So it's possible for me to become an ESTJ if I want to...?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So it's possible for me to become an ESTJ if I want to...?

It depends on what you believe, in nazi Germany they believed they were the naturally elected species by God superior to everyone

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure, but that's not enough to come to the conclusion we are all made of those 4 functions

those functions are just kind of metaphors to groups of things that actually goes in your head, and isnt even supposed to be the whole you just parts of your psyche. brains could be compared to highly sophisticated PCB that is built to work in certain way and grows/loses connections to new directions, you cant just change some elements of it from where the electricity starts or the whole thing will get fucked up, but you can expand it to work in new ways, but expanding it still leaves the beginning(basics of it) as it were. functions are like the basics of your thinking process, if you would somehow be able to remove your first function for example and replace it with another, the whole system would crash

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
those functions are just kind of metaphors to groups of things that actually goes in your head, and isnt even supposed to be the whole you just parts of your psyche. brains could be compared to highly sophisticated PCB that is built to work in certain way and grows/loses connections to new directions, you cant just change some elements of it from where the electricity starts or the whole thing will get fucked up, but you can expand it to work in new ways, but expanding it still leaves the beginning(basics of it) as it were. functions are like the basics of your thinking process, if you would somehow be able to remove your first function for example and replace it with another, the whole system would crash

You'll figure one day that there is more to the human psyche than what can be explained by logic and electrical wiring. The human psyche has a way to amaze you anew in good or bad ways, you'ld never think possible. And if you would ever have managed to map out that brain to the last corner and then think you have it all, it will still amaze you and get the better of you. And as long as this fact exists, it is too uncertain for me to believe, I could explain jack of what is going on in the human brain

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
You'll figure one day that there is more to the human psyche than what can be explained by logic and electrical wiring. The human psyche has a way to amaze you anew in good or bad ways, you'ld never think possible. And if you would ever have managed to map out that brain to the last corner and then think you have it all, it will still amaze you and get the better of you. And as long as this fact exists, it is too uncertain for me to believe, I could explain jack of what is going on in the human brain

Even then, though, there remains the possibility that there is nothing more than that. That's what makes it fascinating.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

i know there is more to it, but i think it needs to be simplified to layman terms unless im writing a book about it.

i got reasonably good understanding about how brains work

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Quit slacking and get to work!

i rather study more first, but i dont have more lectures in like a month. next course will be neuro- and cognitive psychology. cant wait for it

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I hope some of the brains secrets stay one forever. Otherwise it would get creepy very fast :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hope some of the brains secrets stay one forever. Otherwise it would get creepy very fast :)

ill make sure that all the secrets will be unveiled :devil:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well if someone can tell me how to become an ESTJ, I'm all ears.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
You guys are very kind.

I suppose I was freaking out because ive never actually viewed myself as a Te and Fi guy. That and Ive been under intense stress for the past little while - did a startup alongside of school and screwed up school. The entj test results triggered the much larger identity crisis that questioned if I am a student (implying more learning than applying) or a business guy which would be more applying what I know than learning new things.
Why I cant be both? Because the past eight months have taught me that the 2 modes are very different and switching between the 2 doesnt come easily to me

Well, ive got a plane to catch, gonna come back to this later.