• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] reverse class discrimination

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you don't think being parasitic is related to being blue collar or white collar, how are you even remotely on topic? We're talking about blue collar and white collar and class discrimination here, so why would you bring up parasitic people if you don't think it's related to class? (note: not a rhetorical question)

the OP dealt with a group of people whom were both blue collar and philosophically parasitic. thus, people accused the original poster of being predjudiced against blue collar workers, so I posted the video to make the distinction between blue collar and entitlement mentality which is what the OP was really expressing disgust towards.
Edit: I was really defending hard blue collar workers as much condemning parasitic economic philosophy, though I suppose I didn't communicate this clearly enough

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the OP dealt with a group of people whom were both blue collar and philosophically parasitic. thus, people accused the original poster of being predjudiced against blue collar workers, so I posted the video to make the distinction between blue collar and entitlement mentality which is what the OP was really expressing disgust towards.
Edit: I was really defending hard blue collar workers as much condemning parasitic economic philosophy, though I suppose I didn't communicate this clearly enough

I know this is kind of nitpicky towards your post, but I didn't see anything in the OP that implied that the friend was parasitic or had a sense of entitlement. I understood it to mean that some citizens of low socioeconomic status have some sort of self limiting belief that they can't/shouldn't attempt to move to a higher status in life. He implied that his friend may be unhappy because of this self limiting belief.

And also, that some blue collar workers may actually be prejudice towards anyone who does want to be successful with their money and career. He's asking why.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know this is kind of nitpicky towards your post, but I didn't see anything in the OP that implied that the friend was parasitic or had a sense of entitlement.

hmm, I suppose I thought it was related enough to post, but I guess you disagree (which is fine)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

And what, pray tell, is parasitic economic philosophy, If I may ask?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And what, pray tell, is parasitic economic philosophy, If I may ask?

parasitic economic philosophy is
- feeling entitled to the fruits of another man's labor
- condemnation of those who are more successful than one's self
- collectivism
- belief that man exist for the purpose of serving others and it therefore inadequate if he does not desire this purpose
PS: it's in the clip I posted 2-3 pages ago :yes:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for explaining your rationale. I disagree that the OP describes a sense of entitlement at all (the OP's perception seems to be plain old resentment of people who are not like the OP's friend in some way that is unclear) but the OP is vague enough to mean anything, I suppose. Thanks for clarifying.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm, I suppose I thought it was related enough to post, but I guess you disagree (which is fine)

I do disagree, but at the same time know that this topic is likely to go off in many different directions.

(psst...(whispers) don't call people parasites though. It raises too many eyebrows.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do disagree, but at the same time know that this topic is likely to go off in many different directions.

(psst...(whispers) don't call people parasites though. It raises too many eyebrows.)

you're such an F :laugh:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
parasitic economic philosophy is
- feeling entitled to the fruits of another man's labor

So, capitalism?

- condemnation of those who are more successful than one's self

How does that involve economic philosophy? How do you define success?

- collectivism

All collectivism is parasitic? Better throw the family out the window then. Those damned children leeching off their parents.

- belief that man exist for the purpose of serving others and it therefore inadequate if he does not desire this purpose
PS: it's in the clip I posted 2-3 pages ago :yes:

So it's parasitic to live for giving to others. Right. That makes perfect sense. :rolleyes2:

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
And also, that some blue collar workers may actually be prejudice towards anyone who does want to be successful with their money and career. He's asking why.

This is how I interpreted the OP. It seems like he's searching for us to say that his (ex)friend is jealous, but doesn't want to admit to it, so he is taking it out on the OP by attacking his profession. which is not completely unwarranted. I don't know, maybe we're projecting too much.

My parents (mostly my dad) seem to have a similar view towards anything deemed "academic", i.e. theory is all well and good, but in the real world it doesn't have much value. Also that professors are out of step with normal people.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is how I interpreted the OP. It seems like he's searching for us to say that his (ex)friend is jealous, but doesn't want to admit to it, so he is taking it out on the OP by attacking his profession. which is not completely unwarranted. I don't know, maybe we're projecting too much.

My parents (mostly my dad) seem to have a similar view towards anything deemed "academic", i.e. theory is all well and good, but in the real world it doesn't have much value. Also that professors are out of step with normal people.

Yea, maybe we are. In my own situation, I've found that the dynamics between myself and my friend have been very interesting after high school. No bad will against each other at all, just very different. We have developed such different views of things. I've always wondered if she was either jealous, or thought I was a bad person, or just didn't like to talk about it. But of course, if I walk around thinking that, (even without saying it), she's likely to feel funny around me anyway. Either way, there's always this elephant in the room. I always wondered what she thought, and at times have had the exact same mindset as the OP. (From what I glean that the OP may be trying to say.) This is why it's such an interesting topic to me.

It's funny because when we were in highschool, I talked about it a lot. "I do not want to be poor anymore. I won't marry a poor man because I don't feel comfortable in this setting, I hate it. I've served my duty and I want to pull out of it. I want to be able to make a free and comfortable life for myself. I'm getting out of here, I'm not doing this." Etc. etc. She understood, but never really seemed to feel that way herself. Now that it's a little bit more of a reality, we don't talk about it anymore.

Edit: It's even more interesting since I came from a place where there were a lot of people who seemed to be that way. (Many other friends too, but specifically her since we were so close.)

Double edit: It's really hard to present this topic without sounding like a total snob..

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, capitalism?

How does that involve economic philosophy? How do you define success?

All collectivism is parasitic? Better throw the family out the window then. Those damned children leeching off their parents.

So it's parasitic to live for giving to others. Right. That makes perfect sense. :rolleyes2:

underlined: if one is expecting others to conform to a collective set of beliefs and behaviors, definitely yes
bold: living life for giving to others, not necessarily. expecting others to live life for others, absolutely

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
underlined: if one is expecting others to conform to a collective set of beliefs and behaviors, definitely yes
bold: living life for giving to others, not necessarily. expecting others to live life for others, absolutely

First of all, I guess we better all stop speaking English. That's dangerous collective behavior, and expecting people to speak English when talking to me while in the English-speaking world is parasitic. Better to make up our own languages.

What about expecting people to act for mutual benefit?

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
Yea, maybe we are. In my own situation, I've found that the dynamics between myself and my friend have been very interesting after high school. No bad will against each other at all, just very different. We have developed such different views of things. I've always wondered if she was either jealous, or thought I was a bad person, or just didn't like to talk about it. But of course, if I walk around thinking that, (even without saying it), she's likely to feel funny around me anyway. Either way, there's always this elephant in the room. I always wondered what she thought, and at times have had the exact same mindset as the OP. (From what I glean that the OP may be trying to say.) This is why it's such an interesting topic to me.

(Many other friends too, but mostly her since we were so close.)

:cry: That's sad.

Sorta like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Ultimately there's not much you can do about it without talking about it with her, and if she's not willing to, well...

Trying to relate to others, and figure out what they think about me, are pretty much the only reasons I'm interested in Psychology. A bit self-centered, but whatever.

My advice to the OP: Haters gonna hate. There isn't much anyone can do about that

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
Double edit: It's really hard to present this topic without sounding like a total snob..

I agree with that. Alot of this bickering just seems completely pointless

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:wacko: this thread is making me dizzy..

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I swear I thought we were middle class until I got older because we lived in a nice three bedroom house on an acre of property, had a huge vegetable garden, our own grape trellis, and I was educated at home before I even began school.

Wait, are you saying that blue-collar workers can't be middle-class, your family was living beyond its means, or that a three-bedroom house on an acre of land is very very cheap in West Virginia? :thinking:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:wacko: this thread is making me dizzy..

I was hoping that we could go around a few more times, establishing that none of us are prejudice against poor people, or blue collar workers, or white collar workers, or rich people, or middle class people. Giving examples about how each can be good and bad in their own unique ways. We can keep giving examples until we have all of our bases covered. We need to reiterate on a page by page basis. We like people that work hard and are non judgmental of others. We don't like people who impose their beliefs or are dishonest. Again, someone must reiterate on each and every page, or we need to start over again at square one. And, if the plan goes right, then somewhere on page 20, we will go back to the OP, reevaluate, and possibly answer the question.

If you can't handle this intense and important discussion, than maybe you should go hang out in another thread for a while. Try "picture time", or "word association" while you are absorbing everything. Come back when you can help us reach our goals.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was hoping that we could go around a few more times, establishing that none of us are prejudice against poor people, or blue collar workers, or white collar workers, or rich people, or middle class people. Giving examples about how each can be good and bad in their own unique ways. We can keep giving examples until we have all of our bases covered. We need to reiterate on a page by page basis. We like people that work hard and are non judgmental of others. We don't like people who impose their beliefs or are dishonest. Again, someone must reiterate on each and every page, or we need to start over again at square one. And, if the plan goes right, then somewhere on page 20, we will go back to the OP, reevaluate, and possibly answer the question.

If you can't handle this intense and important discussion, than maybe you should go hang out in another thread for a while. Try "picture time", or "word association" while you are absorbing everything. Come back when you can help us reach our goals.

:rofl1:
PS: did you like your theme song? :laugh: