• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you know you are stressed?

LEGERdeMAIN

i know im stresssed when i see 50+ marmz postz on furum in between hours of 1am and 3:48am

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I will push past people, like just dodge them and kind of slip past them, and sometimes I'll say "excuse me" in a clipped voice that sounds more offended than polite. Usually I just end up looking like an oblivious weirdo if I'm pushing past them, I guess. I'm totally fine with that.

I've never had a problem telling strangers to leave me alone or get out of my way.*

*I should explain here that I'm usually pleasant and polite and when I say I have no problem telling people to leave me alone, I mean people who are really bothering me or being creepy or invasive, and when I say I have no trouble telling them to get out of my way, I mean under stressful circumstances, and in a very efficient Te kind of manner. I have VERY firm boundaries. It's one of the reasons why I know I couldn't possibly have Fe. I actually volunteer to tell other people to fuck off for my friends. I'm like "oh hey, you're afraid of confrontation? Allow me!" And I handle it.

You sure you're an F? ;)

I'm polite because of my mother - if she saw me behaving rudely as a kid, she'd get all emotional and start crying (literally) that I would end up a serial killer. Freaked me the hell out as an impressionable kid, she nearly convinced me that I was born so that I couldn't help being a monster. :thelook: Isn't she lovely. but Fe is still weird for me.

*Who wants to learn manners?*

I can rent out my histrionic ESFJ mother - indefinitely. For free. Actually I'll pay you to take her away so she stops trying to contact me. You'll lose your rudeness...and/or your sanity. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You sure you're an F? ;)

I'm polite because of my mother - if she saw me behaving rudely, she'd get all emotional and start crying (literally) that I would end up a serial killer. Freaked me the hell out as an impressionable kid, but Fe is still weird for me.

*Who wants to learn manners?*

I can rent out my histrionic ESFJ mother - indefinitely. For free. Actually I'll pay you to take her away so she stops trying to contact me. You'll lose your rudeness...or your insanity. :D

I'm pretty positive I'm an F, I'm actually pretty polite and kind in most of my dealings with people. I'm just really assertive and confident, and I don't take any shit from anyone. I think it's partially due to the life I've led, where I've had to be assertive and have firm boundaries. I think I have very developed Te for an ENFP, and I have been told this by many others. I think of Ne/Te as a survival skill: scanning the environment, thinking of all the possibilities, analyzing what's in front of me, and handling it in a no-nonsense manner.

I'm too unstructured and crazy hippie lady to be any kind of real TJ, though, my default setting is much "softer" and TP is out of the question because I don't have much Ti, I'm pretty sure.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm pretty positive I'm an F, I'm actually pretty polite and kind in most of my dealings with people. I'm just really assertive and confident, and I don't take any shit from anyone. I think it's partially due to the life I've led, where I've had to be assertive and have firm boundaries. I think I have very developed Te for an ENFP, and I have been told this by many others. I think of Ne/Te as a survival skill: scanning the environment, thinking of all the possibilities, analyzing what's in front of me, and handling it in a no-nonsense manner.

I'm too unstructured and crazy hippie lady to be any kind of real TJ, though, my default setting is much "softer" and TP is out of the question because I don't have much Ti, I'm pretty sure.

True...it seems like a lot of ENFPs do have that ability to open a can of whoopass. :laugh: Tough ol birds they are at times, more so than ENTPs often.

ESTJs also have Te & Ne...so ENFPs might get their bad habits at times...and vice versa. I've seen some loopy ESTJs. lol

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
True...it seems like a lot of ENFPs do have that ability to open a can of whoopass. :laugh: Tough ol birds they are at times, more so than ENTPs often.

I'll never forget the time that someone on this forum said that ENFPs are "meaner" than ENTPs when they're mad...it's true. An ENTP might subtley torture you to death slowly and cruelly, but the ENFP will just jump up and stab you lol.

ESTJs also have Te & Ne...so ENFPs might get their bad habits at times...and vice versa. I've seen some loopy ESTJs. lol

Ha! I'm curious about these loopy ESTJs...I think EJCC is an ESTJ who seems to have some ENFP traits.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have a habit of internalising stress, so signs of it depend on the temporal; if the source of stress is occuring the the moment (e.g. Getting a body piercing, vaccination jab, etc), I tend to be a bit jumpy and break out into a stress rash. If it's something slightly more long-term (e.g. waiting for exam results, an application for something important, essay stress, etc), my immune system takes a bashing, and I am more prone to infection. When I was waiting for the results of whether or not I was accepted by my university, I sprouted a stye. Considering my immune system is usually a boss, sudden illness is an obvious sign of stress for me.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been told I'm very sensitive, and that I don't take criticism very well...which means I become mortified. At times it's like depression swallowed me, like a giant slug ingested me. It's much better now, of course.

I like what someone said which was the classic idea, "If you can do something about it, then do it, but if you can't, then don't worry about it." Lot's of people say things along those lines. It's found in the Dali Lama's "Art of Happiness" As I grow older, I have a better idea of what I can do or not. I've also learned that depression is part of a process. With philosophical and mystical tools, depression is a source of power and rebirth.

Back in Sept. I had emergency surgery for appendicitis. The idea I was in pain was bad, but the idea that I could eat or work bothered me a lot more. Thus I had surgery. I was unable to eat for a whole week. In the physical aspect, as soon as I could eat, I felt like I was winning.

Then I got my bills. I was horrified. This caused more stress than being sick. It was over $32,000. I didn't know what I could do. I was extremely depressed. Ironically, I'd rather die than pay that. First, I wrote everyone and told them their bill was unreasonable; the letters were crazy emotional rants. In response, some told me how to apply for financial aid.

After that, I got educated. I talked to people. I read books on finances, collections, and tried to understand the full extent of what they could do.

Also, I'm experienced. For three years, I just took my bills and all mail I received and just put it in the trash. I just told people I'd died for three years. So although the new medical creditors have a great deal of power, they are acting against a force of nature. There are mystical states where shame cannot go, or where negativity only improves things.

However, I'd just "rehabilitated" my credit for those previous issues, so I didn't really want to fight that kind of war, unless I had to do so. (Ha, the previous war was also started by a medical issue that I disagreed with. They were forced to write off.)

After I got "educated" by books and talking to people, I was less afraid. There is nothing they could do to me. Ever. Thus, they wrote off a total of about 90%. My letters got more focused and matter of fact; the rhetoric sharper, less emotional. I found out how to get charity, and what kinds of documents I actually needed. Then I further reduced that by having discussions with the hospital administrator.

So, in general, if I'm under stress, I write. Writing is my sword. If there is an issue at work that is bad, then I'll write about it. I'll be up in the middle of the night re-writing.

Other things? Well, I've abused alcohol and food. Yet, generally, I eat fairly badly like I might die tomorrow or something. Now I'd say I just drink occasionally, and not very much. Mostly what i do is write friends. Then I write other people. I rant. Then I write to the person who has made me upset, or someone who I think can fix it.