• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTP's and drug (ab)use

A

A window to the soul

You can dress a judgment in all sorts of pretty clothing and give it another name , but that doesn't change what it really is.

Anyway, I was not speaking to anyone in particular and most certainly not you in particular!
*Bows *

What? I told him he had the wrong loser. I also stopped some friends from keying another friend's car that parked too close to us. Talked some friends out of buying cocaine from a homeless guy in San Francisco. Stopped a Russian girlfriend from taking ecstasy when we were hanging out with some strange guy in the city. For whatever reason, they turn to me and ask "should I do it?" I say "NO!!" I shoot straight. They listen. You see how that works? And my friends trust and respect me for it. They can do whatever they want on their own time, but nobody is going to jail or hurting themselves or others on my watch. My kind of fun doesn't include drugs. And all I had to say was "let's do it..." and I know they would have done all of the above precarious things. It only takes one person to lead the group in a different direction. I've proved that time and time again in my own life.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What? I told him he had the wrong loser. I also stopped some friends from keying another friends car that parked too close to us. Talked some friends out of buying cocaine from a homeless guy in San Francisco. Stopped a Russian girlfriend from taking ectasy when we were hanging out with some strange guy in the city. They turn to me everytime and ask "should I do it?" I say "no!!" I shoot straight. They listen. You see how that works? And my friends trust and respect me for it. They can do whatever they want on their own time, but nobody is going to jail or hurting themselves or others on my watch. My kind of fun doesn't include drugs. And all I had to say was "let's do it..." and I know they would have done all of the above precarious things. It only takes one person to lead the group in a different direction. I've proved that time and time again.

I am not judging you either. Really I am a live and let live kind of person.
And I can see very much that you have people's backs.
You have had mine. I have nothing but respect for you NG :)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Answering the OP. When I first heard about drugs (I was about twelve years old), I decided that drugs were for wussies who didn't have an imagination of their own. Why pay money and your health to escape reality (with drugs) if you can do it for free anyway (with your imagination)?
Since then, my opinion is a bit nuanced. I wouldn't call anybody a wuss for using drugs any more. But I still think imagination is the better stuff.

A

A window to the soul

I am not judging you either. Really I am a live and let live kind of person.
And I can see very much that you have people's backs.
You have had mine. I have nothing but respect for you NG :)

Thank you. That means a lot. I respect and appreciate your uniqueness; I see a very kind soul in there.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's more to it than not being able to handle reality.

For instance, not having a father when you grow up:

2. Drug and Alcohol Abuse

- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states, "Fatherless children are at a dramatically greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse."

Source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. National Center for Health Statistics. Survey on Child Health. Washington, DC, 1993.

- Children growing up in single-parent households are at a significantly increased risk for drug abuse as teenagers.

Source: Denton, Rhonda E. and Charlene M. Kampfe. "The relationship Between Family Variables and Adolescent Substance Abuse: A literature Review." Adolescence 114 (1994): 475-495.

- Children who live apart from their fathers are 4.3 times more likely to smoke cigarettes as teenagers than children growing up with their fathers in the home.

Source: Stanton, Warren R., Tian P.S. Oci and Phil A. Silva. "Sociodemographic characteristics of Adolescent Smokers." The International Journal of the Addictions 7 (1994): 913-925.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
^ I wonder if anything happens when children grow up without their mums. If "father" can be replaced in the studies with "mother" and still have the same results.

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm fatherless, and... I think it would be different if I were motherless. Depends on the style of the father though. If he can be nurturing like a mother, well... I don't know to be honest. I think it does matter which of the parents is "missing" but can't really get my thoughts straight at the moment.

*needs bed*