• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why INTJs are awesome

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- you can be real with them
- are willing to be real with you
- if they disagree with you, you can debate your point with them for hours until one of you is convinced the other is right or you both realize the areas you were wrong about
- take none of this personality and after 3 hours of trying to come to a consensus on a topic will not hold any negative feelings
- when they debate you on something, their purpose is to figure out what the actual truth is. if you are right, they will thank you, not hate you
- tend to have high self confidence and integrity
- contrary to what most people think, INTJs have
- act in a way that is sophisticated and pleasant and demonstrates high value in themselves
- their condescending laughs are SO awesome :cool:
- if you have high self confidence, they don't say you're arrogant (or narcissistic lol)
- get the distinctions of what you say
- if they don't, they will ask as opposed to attacking you personally
- will honestly tell you what is wrong with you
- you don't have to explain things to them 1000 times
- there subtle cockiness is extremely bad ass
- if you give them the chance to respond to things, they have tons of Horatio Caine-esque lines :smoke:
- people acuse them constantly of being deceitful, mal intended and heartless, they are none of these things
- when someone chews them out or tries to tear them down, they simply chuckle to themselves at how amusingly foolish the opposing party is
- are intelligent beyond measure
- they can master anything, and master it quickly
- they aren't offended by you sounding educated and using big words

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP's are awesome for their convictions. You never really know how they really came to their convictions, but it makes them a remarkable, interesting and passionate people.

As an INTP, I could honestly listen to ENFP's all day long, and never get tired of it.

PS: Even though it might seem like it, there is no sarcasm intended in this post. What can I say, I'm curious.

Also, I like INTJ's because they can really get into one angle and dissect it correctly, saving me the time to bother doing that myself.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: I doubt we're the only ones

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll continue where ThatGirl left off because she was bored. :D

- will honestly tell you what is wrong with you
Assuming they are right, this may be a good thing. But since many matters in life are not as black and white as an INTJ might present them, especially to ENFP's, I fear this point will cause as much conflict as it does resolution between INTJ's and ENFP's.
- you don't have to explain things to them 1000 times
Just wondering, what type does need 1000 expanations? ;)
- there subtle cockiness is extremely bad ass
INTJ's are rarily subtle, but I do agree they can be bad ass.
- if you give them the chance to respond to things, they have tons of Horatio Caine-esque lines :smoke:
The master transcends far above the average INTJ! Heretic!
- people acuse them constantly of being deceitful, mal intended and heartless, they are none of these things
I agree they rarily are, but does this mean you love INTJ's because you pity them? :( Either way, most INTJ's are capable of putting themselves above the claims of their 'lesser intellects', as they should.
- when someone chews them out or tries to tear them down, they simply chuckle to themselves at how amusingly foolish the opposing party is
I think they'd rather explain in full detail the futileness of the opposing party once, and after that put them on full ignore. Maybe grunting about the waste of time, rather than letting out a chuckle.
- are intelligent beyond measure
Intelligence, and the importance there of, is one of the most subjective matters of discussion. But one thing is certain, for an INTJ, their own intellect is not beyond measure. I'm sure an INTJ will have countless of ways of measuring their own intellects against that of other people.
- they can master anything, and master it quickly
Anything that can use Te, no doubt. But I can provide you with an endless list of activities of which its mastery depends entirely on the individual INTJ, and has nothing to do with the collective that is INTJ at all. :p
- they aren't offended by you sounding educated and using big words

Just try to misuse them, you'll find out just how frustrating that can be for them. ;)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Loves this Thread.

171381662csi-miami-horatio-caine-sunglasses.jpg

Squeeee!

True, I get into endless trouble by simply throwing up my hands and going 'You want me to do A and as a consequence you will label me C just as you have by doing this, therefore I can't win. What's your damned point?'

- if they disagree with you, you can debate your point with them for hours until one of you is convinced the other is right or you both realize the areas you were wrong about.
- take none of this personally and after 3 hours of trying to come to a consensus on a topic will not hold any negative feelings

I do this with my gran. She is in her 70s. We get along well during debates and don't care about the consequences. It is more about who the INTJ trust however. Be wary about engaging in this if you are the INTJs 'acquaintance' rather than 'friend'. Our Te boundaries reflect onto the people we know.

We learn the hard way through life that people often simply cannot be trusted with these things.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
You love stereotypes, don't you?
Anyway, a quote of a INTJ I know: "I don't "argue" with people; I explain to them why they're wrong. Arguing would imply that there is room to debate about my opinion."

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
reading this seems like most of those are more INTP things than INTJ or could apply to both. sure you didnt confuse some INTPs as INTJs when coming up with this?

sciguy90

Anyway, a quote of a INTJ I know: "I don't "argue" with people; I explain to them why they're wrong. Arguing would imply that there is room to debate about my opinion."

Yeah, this is my mindset when debating someone. If I'm unsure about the issue, I just play devils advocate to get more information.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Makes it more satisfying even to be able to shift their opinion ever so slightly and contribute to their views :popc1:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I love how INTJs don't enter INTP threads and say 'that is sooo much like me, are you sure you haven't confused INTPs and INTJs?'.

I also love how INTJs don't enter a thread in a typology forum and go 'omg you use stereotypes?!' The silliness gauge explodes in my hands when I see this.

Clearly not. ;)

Elfboy, are you some kind of evil genius?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love how INTJs don't enter INTP threads and say 'that is sooo much like me, are you sure you haven't confused INTPs and INTJs?'.

i didnt say that

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Haven't you heard? We rarely engage in verbal disagreements unless someone is obviously wrong. My personal opinion has nothing to do with that, they're just incorrect.

Which is why both the Young Democrats and the Young Republicans on campus hate me. :cheese:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Assuming they are right, this may be a good thing. But since many matters in life are not as black and white as an INTJ might present them, especially to ENFP's, I fear this point will cause as much conflict as it does resolution between INTJ's and ENFP's.

OMFG this is so true. They can be such smart little critters, and explain certain things so well, and do it all with a delightful touch of wit...but THIS omg, it's so true...it's like "look man, it's really not that simple."

T

ThatGirl

I'll continue where ThatGirl left off because she was bored. :D

Oops, I deleted my post before I read this, since I figured it was useless... You INTP's....what would I do with out you. :p

*Maybe one of the mods can resurrect it from the dead.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Mmmmmmmmmmm I love intjs. They're the perfect amount of crazy/serious/playful

T

ThatGirl

I'm holding out my opinion till I actually sleep with one. Actually I think the INTP in my "broke your heart" thread may have been INTJ. But we only slept together once, and it wasn't that great.