• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why INTJs are awesome

A

Anew Leaf

INTJs have more of a way of guiding that may eventually make me feel like "wow you were right" even if I began arguing with them. That's why I find them so fascinating and charming. It's quiet control without being openly controlling. It's like "whoa! how you do that?"

yeah, i used to watch him with our group of friends and how he controlled them all with what they would do on their guys nights out, playing games etc.

one memorable time they were playing a game of AoE2 together, and it was him against the 5 of them. They started forming an army outside of his gates and he hadnt made a single combat unit yet so he simply posted a "hey guys, are you sure you want to start something now? Are you sure you're ready?" They promptly backed off and milled about somewhere else because they were freaked out. Meanwhile... he built up a giant army and slaughtered them all one by one. It was hilarious.

He had built up a reputation of being really good at these games, and he was, but he told me his secret was that he had built it up in their minds that he was good... and had already defeated them there before the game even started.

so sneaky.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
SNEAKY!

Like cats.

:heart: kitties

Nicodemus

Here we have Marm - shortly before she is being stabbed to death with a giant penis.

tumblr_lcp8jeKQLj1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- SO PERCEPTIVE (what is this, actually? How do you guys do it? It's almost scary sometimes)

It's the Ni. Dom Ni's are perhaps the rarest type, and those with dom or aux Ni include the two types that tend to be classified as the rarest MBTI type (INFJ, ENTJ). Of the dom/aux Ni's, only ENFJs are somewhat common.

The thing is, it isn't that the Ni grants superpowers, but that it's sooo rare. One of the main complaints of the dom Ni's (INFJ, INTJ) is "No one understands me," not in the whiny little child sense, but in the real sense that when we start explaining what we see in the world, only to realize that hardly anyone else sees the world the way we do.

The perceptiveness is thus circumstantial: Ni doms have to learn, ever so slowly, how everyone else thinks, and only then can we actually convey our thoughts clearly; most other types don't need to go through this step because most other types already think/perceive fairly similarly. Other types don't need to "learn Ni" just to get along; Ni needs to learn all the other types (though some Ni types never bother, to their detriment).

Thus, the Ni insights seem insightful, rather than commonplace, precisely because Ni is uncommon and has to work harder to understand other people. To us, these "extremely perceptive" insights seem obvious, and we don't even understand until we're older that they aren't obvious at all to others.

And the converse applies: all those things that are obvious to other types, INTJs (and Ni types) hardly notice at all.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's the Ni. Dom Ni's are perhaps the rarest type, and those with dom or aux Ni include the two types that tend to be classified as the rarest MBTI type (INFJ, ENTJ). Of the dom/aux Ni's, only ENFJs are somewhat common.

The thing is, it isn't that the Ni grants superpowers, but that it's sooo rare. One of the main complaints of the dom Ni's (INFJ, INTJ) is "No one understands me," not in the whiny little child sense, but in the real sense that when we start explaining what we see in the world, only to realize that hardly anyone else sees the world the way we do.

The perceptiveness is thus circumstantial: Ni doms have to learn, ever so slowly, how everyone else thinks, and only then can we actually convey our thoughts clearly; most other types don't need to go through this step because most other types already think/perceive fairly similarly. Other types don't need to "learn Ni" just to get along; Ni needs to learn all the other types (though some Ni types never bother, to their detriment).

Thus, the Ni insights seem insightful, rather than commonplace, precisely because Ni is uncommon and has to work harder to understand other people. To us, these "extremely perceptive" insights seem obvious, and we don't even understand until we're older that they aren't obvious at all to others.

And the converse applies: all those things that are obvious to other types, INTJs (and Ni types) hardly notice at all.

Are you sure this is explicitely an issue of Ni? I always saw it as a problem of all N-doms, amongst others because it's quite familiar to me; Also, as far as I heard, many other ENxPs claim that frequently people are very irritated by them, respectively don't really understand them at all(and the other way 'round).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
because they are pretty good at convincing people that they are :D. this alters the statistics that say that INTJs are awesome and statistics to INTJ is what matters

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you sure this is explicitely an issue of Ni? I always saw it as a problem of all N-doms, amongst others because it's quite familiar to me; Also, as far as I heard, many other ENxPs claim that frequently people are very irritated by them, respectively don't really understand them at all(and the other way 'round).

Being misunderstood is not the key observation, and being misunderstood and regarded as irritating is rather different from being misunderstood and regarded as perceptive. ENxPs perceptions have a good deal in common with Si perceptions: even as Ne ventures abroad exploring ideas from all sources, the ideas are eventually anchored in common Si foundations. Ni isn't as mystical as many describe, but there is a reason it is regarded as such: most people don't look at the world in an Ni way.