• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why INTJs are awesome

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dating three INTJ's is easy if you do all three at once. They'll be so consumed with each other, it's like a walk in the park.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Scratches chin. Mumbles something about not being so sure of that... Looks around at all the glaring INTJ's. Flees thread*

If that was a dig at INTJs not being good in bed, I'll have you know that all of my former partners (even the ones who currently hate me) acknowledged (perhaps grudgingly) that I performed excellently "in the sack," as it were. I honestly think that's a personal thing, though. Sexual performance =/= MBTI type.

T

ThatGirl

Is this your way of saying you don't like INTJ personalities or personal magnetism?

You have no opinion until you sleep with one?

I don't think MBTI type determines how good one is in bed.

Okay since you guys didn't get the gist of my post.

It is a well know fact that I love the INTJs. The intuitive pause is something that always causes me to smile. In fact I feel in step with INTJs when they are saying nothing at all. I don't feel like I have to really figure them out. I just get it. They have a presence that can fill a room, of which I find incredibly charming and comforting. Like a little voice of reason standing off in the distance, ready to be tapped into at any moment. When you do get them to speak, you see they never once missed a beat.

However, I refuse to stroke INTJ ego (as we all know they get plenty of that) until I have secured one for myself (get it? we are sleeping together). At which point I am sure I will be singing the praises. :devil:

A

Anew Leaf

If that was a dig at INTJs not being good in bed, I'll have you know that all of my former partners (even the ones who currently hate me) acknowledged (perhaps grudgingly) that I performed excellently "in the sack," as it were. I honestly think that's a personal thing, though. Sexual performance =/= MBTI type.

I will take my experiences as a sampling error. ;)

A

Anew Leaf

Dating three INTJ's is easy if you do all three at once. They'll be so consumed with each other, it's like a walk in the park.

One is enough.... for this NF at least :)

I meet loads of NT's and NF's but the most elusive for me has been an ENTJ... I kind of want to date one just to see what it's like. I have only met 2 as friends thus far.

T

ThatGirl

I have met only two INTJs my entire life. One being a female I became friends with quickly, and an alleged man I dated a while back who was young and still immature.

I cannot fathom being surrounded by them....

*People I have met from the board don't count, as obviously that will skew the numbers.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

(Pats consolingly on back) Yes, engineer, I'm sure you are good in bed... It's alright.. Don't let the bully ESFP make you feel bad.

Oh, it was definitely a dig at INTJ's sexual performance. However, completely teasing. I never had any complaints about the one INTJ I had experience with (in that department.) I imagine they are overall a creative and passionate bunch. And, as for ExFP's being good at it... Well, ... not me! Maybe others. Seems like sexual performance could be great all across the board, with each type giving sex a different flair.

A

Anew Leaf

I have met only two INTJs my entire life. One being a female I became friends with quickly, and an alleged man I dated a while back who was young and still immature.

I cannot fathom being surrounded by them....

*People I have met from the board don't count, as obviously that will skew the numbers.

I have had extraordinary luck in finding loads of N's in my life. Part of it is that the majority of my extended family are N's, as well as both my parents were N's (ENFP and INTP), and part of it is that I scored very high on the N preference when I got tested in college.... The end result being that most "S"'s are aliens to me. I find them interesting but I rarely make a good connection with one of them. (Although, there are always exceptions, especially with cute little ESFPs.)

In college I also hung out with a group of people who were computer science, physics, math, chemistry majors... all of them were NT's. :) And through them I have met other constellations of N's, etc.

Of the 12 closest people in my life right now, only 2 of them are for certain S's.

Come to Minnesota and I will show you the hidden cache of INTJs I have here. :)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
(experiences with other INTJs)

INTJs are there for you when it really counts/you really need them.

INTJs are honest and won't take your feelings lightly (they may hurt you or be clumsy about them, but they don't take them lightly). When mature they are (can be) emotionally honest and aware and open to remarks/criticism while maintaining a "diffcult-to-offend" and rational attitude (NT) that makes them a great choice for understanding and modelling emotion. I'm serious.

INTJs solve your problems.

INTJs are creative banterers.

INTJs can create awesome worlds/narratives.

INTJs look after you.

INTJs are loyal.

INTJs are just and later learn to be kind as well.

INTJs are sappy and romantic.

INTJs manage to hop quickly from idea to idea and generate new ideas.

INTJs are curious. And remarkably open to their environment after growing up a little. INTJs are generally friendly once over 25.

INTJs are rhetorically gifted.

INTJs are exciting when Se kicks in and teams up with Ni to form weirdo plans.

INTJs are passionate and enthusiastic. Often also idealistic. All with the trademark hint of forcefulness which makes things happen I suppose.

Noon

I love matured INTJs with focus on Fi. Pure gold.

- Straightforward, but respectfully so
- Passionate about making things better
- Lead instead of intrude, motivate instead of steamroll
- SO PERCEPTIVE (what is this, actually? How do you guys do it? It's almost scary sometimes)
- Complex and intense, introspective and self-aware
- Take a while to share their thoughts, but depending on the person, often worth the wait
- Imaginative and practical, idealistic and sober
- Confident but quietly so (no need to broadcast or advertise their personal matters)
- Strong-willed and strong-minded
- Demand to be viewed and treated as equals, demand that you demand the same

colourscientist

i realized that if you look around irl you'll find way more well-rounded INTJs than what is stereotyped on this board - and those people are never less than amazing.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
In my experience INTJs have the gift of taking a problem (of mine) and taking it apart into small pieces - pieces that I can manage. I can't say how many INTJs I know - I hang out on INTJforum, where I've made some very good friends.

Sunny Ghost

(experiences with other INTJs)

INTJs are there for you when it really counts/you really need them.

INTJs are honest and won't take your feelings lightly (they may hurt you or be clumsy about them, but they don't take them lightly). When mature they are (can be) emotionally honest and aware and open to remarks/criticism while maintaining a "diffcult-to-offend" and rational attitude (NT) that makes them a great choice for understanding and modelling emotion. I'm serious.

INTJs solve your problems.

INTJs are creative banterers.

INTJs can create awesome worlds/narratives.

INTJs look after you.

INTJs are loyal.

INTJs are just and later learn to be kind as well.

INTJs are sappy and romantic.

INTJs manage to hop quickly from idea to idea and generate new ideas.

INTJs are curious. And remarkably open to their environment after growing up a little. INTJs are generally friendly once over 25.

INTJs are rhetorically gifted.

INTJs are exciting when Se kicks in and teams up with Ni to form weirdo plans.

INTJs are passionate and enthusiastic. Often also idealistic. All with the trademark hint of forcefulness which makes things happen I suppose.

I love matured INTJs with focus on Fi. Pure gold.

- Straightforward, but respectfully so
- Passionate about making things better
- Lead instead of intrude, motivate instead of steamroll
- SO PERCEPTIVE (what is this, actually? How do you guys do it? It's almost scary sometimes)
- Complex and intense, introspective and self-aware
- Take a while to share their thoughts, but depending on the person, often worth the wait
- Imaginative and practical, idealistic and sober
- Confident but quietly so (no need to broadcast or advertise their personal matters)
- Strong-willed and strong-minded
- Demand to be viewed and treated as equals, demand that you demand the same

I agree with all of the above statements. Currently dating an INTJ, who simply amazes me. And have a very good INTJ male friend that I strongly admire. INTJ's=amazingly sophisticated, intelligent and emotionally sensitive. ...at least once they get past those angsty years. ;)

A

Anew Leaf

In my experience INTJs have the gift of taking a problem (of mine) and taking it apart into small pieces - pieces that I can manage. I can't say how many INTJs I know - I hang out on INTJforum, where I've made some very good friends.

So very very true. The best at it of all the NTs I have known.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I call it doing "the NTJ thing."

In many scenarios it is actually more comforting than being "comforted."

Depends though, sometimes you just want a hug. But I love the NTJ way of handling shit and making you look at it in little objective pieces, et al.

I find it calming.

A

Anew Leaf

I call it doing "the NTJ thing."

In many scenarios it is actually more comforting than being "comforted."

Depends though, sometimes you just want a hug. But I love the NTJ way of handling shit and making you look at it in little objective pieces, et al.

I find it calming.

There is definitely a time and a place for it.... But it was something I learned a bit how to do when I dated this INTJ for over 4 years. He was always very patient and calm and, "ok, I know you are upset and worried.... so let's break it down like this." And the process of thinking about it and seeing it for a new perspective helped distract me a bit from feeling upset. I've been glad to keep him as a friend since we broke up because every once in awhile I ask him for help in this regard.

Edit: I feel like INTJs are better at directing people to come to this conclusion themselves... the ENTJs I have known always want to make the conclusion for me and then hit me with it. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is definitely a time and a place for it.... But it was something I learned a bit how to do when I dated this INTJ for over 4 years. He was always very patient and calm and, "ok, I know you are upset and worried.... so let's break it down like this." And the process of thinking about it and seeing it for a new perspective helped distract me a bit from feeling upset. I've been glad to keep him as a friend since we broke up because every once in awhile I ask him for help in this regard.

Edit: I feel like INTJs are better at directing people to come to this conclusion themselves... the ENTJs I have known always want to make the conclusion for me and then hit me with it. ;)

INTJs have more of a way of guiding that may eventually make me feel like "wow you were right" even if I began arguing with them. That's why I find them so fascinating and charming. It's quiet control without being openly controlling. It's like "whoa! how you do that?"

Yes, I like the feeling of someone very rational and capable being in control when I'm upset. And yes, even an ENTJ can do it, including ENTJs I might sometimes find too overbearing.

They can just be like:

A)
B)
so do this
and now
C)

It reminds me of the facts.

I also knew an ENTJ ...maybe he was closer to being INTJ than I think, but he tests as ENTJ...who had a similar calming "presence."

But some ENTJs will just decide for you and beat you over the head with it, which is decidedly not at all charming. I wouldn't say ALL ENTJs are like that though, because they're not - just the very brutal ones.