• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ: a gift and a curse =/

bscheff90

MBTI Type
INtJ
Overall, I don’t mind being an INTJ, considering the various (and obvious) pros and cons...

BUT I wish it was easier to meet other INTJs in the real world (or at least here at college), but seeing as how most of us rarely seek others out, our chances are significantly diminished of ever approaching one another unless we are forced to do so.

I don’t think I have ever met (or at least befriended) an INTJ female, (though i do know a couple of INTJ males). It's very unfortunate since i think they would be great friends to have =(.

And I do realize if I don’t try and make a connection with another, it is unlikely to happen..There’s really no excuse, it’s just a challenge to overcome..

Thoughts/opinions/experience/advice? Go!:D

A

Anew Leaf

I feel for you. Sometimes I think that INTJs are the least equipped of all the types when it comes to social interactions.

What degree are you pursuing? Are there any opportunities to socialize with others in the same program? Or check and see what kind of clubs are available at your school. Odds are very good that a subject you would be interested in, is something that other NTs will be gravitating towards.

I hope this is at least semi helpful :).

(p.s. If you want to find an NF put out a bowl of pudding. We are powerless before it.)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could never bring myself to meet people or "make friends" just for the sake of it, which resulted in my having few if any friends through K-12 schooling. In public school, at least, one lands in a class based largely upon one's age/grade, and what town one lives in. In other words, the personality distribution is rather random, and the odds of finding another INTJ, or another NT, are small. Once in university or the workplace, however, people start to sort themselves by interests, abilities, and talents, and one is more likely to meet people more like oneself. That being said, only one of my friends is a likely INTJ. The others run the spectrum from ENTJ, ENFP, INFJ, ISTJ, ISFJ, and INTP. I found the easiest way to make friends and "good acquaintances" was simply to pursue my interests, while being open to the opportunities that presented themselves, whichever type they happened to fit into.

bscheff90

MBTI Type
INtJ
My current major is Safety Management (though I just switched into it recently).

As far as clubs are concerned I did join up with FMLA (feminist majority leadership alliance) (a rather 3rd wave, non radical feminist group) a few months ago, and I’m looking to play Rugby next year (which probably isn't going to help me meet more NTs, but you never know). I guess just getting more involved in general will be beneficial.

Joining FMLA has been nice because I’ve been able to meet more intellectuals, but most of the people I’ve made friends with are still quite a bit different from me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You may find that that is not only OK, but even rewarding. Most of my friends are different from me in some significant respect, but that keeps our relationships interesting, and gives us more to learn from each other. We share a core of commonality (different in each relationship) that makes us compatible and able to communicate/share with each other.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wander over to the hard science buildings at your college. Pretend that you are doing some sort of personal project and you want some input (you're curious, you'd like an expert opinion) from a professor in either Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, etc. Kindly knock on office door and proceed to ask question. ~50% chance you'll be speaking to an INTJ.