• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What's with the the morbid humour?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Lets take this morbid humor thread in a new direction, with dead babies numbering in the low tens of millions

dr-strangelove.jpg

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, this. Not saying that you couldn't make a funny dead baby joke, but most of these just aren't. They're morbid without going the extra step to make it original or truly funny. Because essentially the punchline is the same, no matter how many dead baby jokes you make. It's "haha, I'm saying a violent, distasteful thing about babies, and most people like babies." There's nothing clever about it. Morbid, yes, but not necessarily going far enough or being well-crafted or clever enough to be actually funny.

Many times, people think, "Oh, people just don't get my sophisticated, dark humor." No, we get it. It's just not that funny. All taboo, no punchline.

This is exactly what I was going to try to say.

Quoted for this, and for emphasis.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Lets take this morbid humor thread in a new direction, with dead babies numbering in the low tens of millions

dr-strangelove.jpg

...and now we have sunk to a new low. How much lower can these jokes take?

ahr2nd

MBTI Type
INFX
I'd characterize my friend's humor as a supreme appreciation for the absurd. (He's the only INTJ I know, though.)

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I don't think everything dark and cruel is funny at all, frankly that is why I am disconnected from most of humanity. Humankind is often dark and cruel and not funny. I actually am curious why these do strike me as humorous, though not the sexually abusive ones AT ALL. Hmm...retreats to consider.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I have a very morbid sense of humour. It's just the best material.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Come to think of it, I'll now interject with some suggestions:

1) Miscommunication: we may have the context in our heads, but other people don't see things the way we do
2) Wanting to be part of a small group of people who 'gets' this sort of humour which is often in bad taste by everyone else
3) The 'Ni' sense of seeing the tradgo-comedy of the affairs and lives of humans
4) Annoying others just for the fun of it

Any more?

E

Epiphany

A little too unbelievable to be funny, IMO. Drill sargeants don't get away with that kind of disrespect and cruelty in the real world. Somehow, I don't think most people would put up with it, either. Humor requires subtlety.

Drill instructors get away with a lot more than you'd think. They're not even supposed to touch recruits, but it happens. As far as verbal abuse, that's a given. I've heard stories about boot camp in Vietnam. It was more ruthless back then.

Here's a modern day ass chewing in basic training.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAo06JHOtRk"]Firewatch[/YOUTUBE]

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hahaha! best thread in a long time... I sure have a morbid humour..

Why do ducks have so big feet?

So they can extinguish grassfires.

Why do elephants have so big feet?

So they can extinguish burning ducks.

Something like that in norwegian.. Its the only joke i can.. but i need to memories the dead baby jokes just to scare of girls when im bored and wants to get away.. or just to scare a fat girl away.. or something.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think many times people who prefer morbid or shocking humor think others are criticizing the style of humor when in fact many times it's simply not funny. Shocking does not equal funny. You actually have to have a joke in there somewhere. Then we hear something like, "Oh, you just don't get my humor". Uh, no.

It reminds me of people who feel they didn't get a job because of their race/religion/gender/etc, when in fact they just aren't qualified.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Drill instructors get away with a lot more than you'd think. They're not even supposed to touch recruits, but it happens. As far as verbal abuse, that's a given. I've heard stories about boot camp in Vietnam. It was more ruthless back then.

Ehh..they're just trying to break him. That's a bit different from threatening to "skullfuck" somebody. I'd be willing to bet money that any drill instructor that was making legitimate threats against a recruit would be facing some pretty harsh consequences.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What do you get if you flay a baby?

A boner.

How do you make a baby cry twice?

Wipe your dick off on it's teddybear.

How do you fit 10 babies into a bowl?

With a mixer.

How do you get the babies up from the bowl again?

Nachos.

Yeah, my humour is mostly dark and morbid. ENFP if you want to know.

The other ones weren't so funny, but these made me lol irl. I think it's because they're so ludicrous.

E

Epiphany

Ehh..they're just trying to break him. That's a bit different from threatening to "skullfuck" somebody. I'd be willing to bet money that any drill instructor that was making legitimate threats against a recruit would be facing some pretty harsh consequences.

Skull fucking someone isn't a legitimate threat. When I was in boot camp, our DI's threatened us with violence and occasionally overstepped their boundaries physically. They also told stories of recruits being abused. Whether or not their stories were true, they were intended to instill fear in us. And having seen drill instructors hitting/pushing recruits, those threats held weight.

Last edited:

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
How cruel are these jokes? I don't consider them funny, at this rate.

Y'know, for someone who's avatar references a sick fucking theoretical example of an otherwise interesting idea, you're being awfully judgemental...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think dead baby jokes are hilarious :shrug:

i mean, let's face it, it's not like getting upset when you hear jokes about starving people is actually going to help stop those people from starving. if it really upsets you that much wouldn't it make much more sense to go do something about the actual issue at hand?

at least then you'll leave us to enjoy our morbid humor in peace :coffee:

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Y'know, for someone who's avatar references a sick fucking theoretical example of an otherwise interesting idea, you're being awfully judgemental...

Perhaps. I wanted to know, as per the OP. I do find some of the jokes posted here funny, though :)