• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Comfort questionnaire.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. Do you feel more comfortable interacting with one person, or a group?
case a) familiar people
case b) aquantainces or strangers

Please specify if you're extraverted or introverted.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with?

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day?

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people?

I'll probably edit this and post more questions, but this is all I could come up with so far.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Ok! Let's do this...

case a) familiar people

I usually dislike interacting with just one person only. Most of the time there's kind of an unwritten people law that says you have to give that one person your undivided attention or whatever. I like being with one person if they don't expect me to be nice and engaging all the time (it can be really draining). If they want to discuss abstract ideas then I simply can't get enough. But if they want to talk about emotions or gossip, I'll zone out and feel like I just want to get away. If there's another person with us, I won't mind so much cause then they can chat and I can semi-listen and interject with little quips of whatever. I like this. It's fun and keeps people laughing (and me engaged). This goes for both familiar people and acquaintances/strangers. But I tend to feel more uncomfortable around people I'm familiar with.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with?
Yes, sometimes more than with people I do have things in common with. I dunno, I guess I care less so I don't feel a need to "perform," but to just explore the interaction and see what limits I can push.

I feel very awkward and uncomfortable on the phone. I generally avoid it as much as I can. Thank goodness for texting!

I've done it a number of times and feel very comfortable.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
case a) familiar people
Please specify if you're extraverted or introverted. Introverted. One on one, I do less well in groups. It makes no difference if I know them well or not.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? Yes I can usually find something to talk about.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? I worked in call centers for a long time so that has much to do with my answer. Comfortable yes but it is exhausting.

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people? Yes. I did exactly that and didn't have any issue. I actually loved it.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. I'm ok being with a group of strangers, but not ok being with only one stranger. I don't know why, I just don't like it. I never liked it.
And with familiar people, it's the opposite, I'm comfortable with one familiar person, but if I go out with the same group of people I will get kind of frustrated.

2. I don't feel comfortable going out with people I don't have much in common with, unless they're fun and entertaining. But that would be something we'd have in common..sort of.
I hate hanging out with people who watch a lot of TV, and talk about what's going on there... I don't know, I get very pissed when the commercials start. They're so fucking annoying, so I don't watch TV.

3. I hate talking on the phone, it's annoying. I had a roommate who talked on the phone a lot, even when he went to sleep, I guess I prefer talking face to face.

4. I get bored if I stay in the same place for too long, and I'm kind of uncomfortable with living in new places. So I always go with uncomfortable :laugh:
I like visiting new places, but living there...that's a totally different thing.

Being comfortable is somewhat on the top of my priorities :laugh: I always had this need to be comfortable with the surroundings, with people, with what I learn, with myself. It's important.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Depends on the situation.

a) familiar people
b) aquantainces or strangers

Familar people and acquaintances. It takes me a little bit of time to warm up to strangers.

I'm introverted. It's the one letter I'm sure of.

No. It's very difficult for me to sustain a satisfying conversation if no common ground is established.

It isn't so much a matter of comfort or discomfort as it is personal preference. With someone I know very well, it's not uncomfortable to talk on the phone all day, I just prefer not to do it. I don't enjoy talking on the phone that much. Usually, I call for a specific reason, get the info I need and hang up. In the rare instance I feel like just chit chatting, I prefer to do that in person.

Yes. Interestingly, this doesn't concern me that much. Its easy for me to meet people. Not so easy to make close friendships. I'm on the Internet so much that I do alot of conversing online and city doesn't matter.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
case a) familiar people

In all cases I would prefer one-on-one interaction. But in the case of strangers, it makes me pretty uncomfortable. I am introverted.

Not at all. Its very awkward.
No. I hate talking on the phone. Most of the time when my cell phone rings I don't bother to answer it. My own mother has resorted to emailing me because she knows I'm more likely to respond to an email than a phone call. I am rather uncomfortable even speaking with professionals on the phone... Such as calling to schedule a doctor's appointment or calling some sort of tech support. I don't like it.

I have done this several times... And honestly, yes... But thats because I never really know many people in places I have lived for years anyway. I don't need more than 2-3 friends.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
case a) familiar people

1 person. Groups intimidate me and shut me down. Its better if I know everyone, but still some unease.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? Generally no, unless they are interesting in some way.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? No. I avoid the phone and find it disrupting. Occasionally, I can talk a long time when I haven't talked to a good friend in a long time or getting aquainted with a new romantic interest.

Not really, which is odd. I had forced moves several times when I was a kid/teen and I hated it. Now I get restless and want to live in new places. I recently moved to a new city again and hardly know anyone.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
case a) familiar people

I'm an introvert(INTP). I definitely would prefer a one on one conversation as opposed to groups in all types of different situations. Group conversations just seem to exacerbate all my self-conscious tendencies of questioning whether am I being listened to or not, whether my contributions to this group worthy, or whether I actually "fit in" or "belong" there. I just feel intimated in large settings.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? No. I don't really see a purpose to it, but it's one of those things I deal with quite commonly. Without that foundation of some type of common interest, you end up repetitive cycle of spurts of mundane chatter that exists only to fill that awkward silence between the pauses, which leaves me in a state of complete boredom. I'd just rather not communicate with someone at all than be forced to partake in idle chit-chat only for the sake of being social.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? No. I have a hard time maintain interest in extended phone calls, which usually ends up with me conjuring up some type of face excuse to get off the phone, or just not answering the phone in the first place.

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people? Yes, I'd actually prefer to move somewhere where I knew no one. Being anonymous produces a feeling of freedom to me, as it alleviates that pressure to live up to or conform to certain expectations set by others.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
case a) familiar people

I am introverted and feel more comfortable with one person instead of a group, and prefer familiar people.

No, because I don't know then what to do / talk about and it gets all awkward.

No, don't think so.

Well, I don't know many people besides my family in my city anyway although I am born here, so it does not matter too much.

wolfy

awsm
case a) familiar people

Introverted. Overall familiar. Overall one person but I can like groups if I am comfortable in what we are doing.

No.

Hell no.

Yeah, that wouldn't bother me.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
case a) familiar people

interacting with groups because usually it's less serious. I'm an ENTP

I really don't mind, but talking with them is harder and there might be more silences in conversation (which I don't particularly mind).

I used to be a helpdesk employee, so I did it for work. Other then that I can talk to people on the phone for hours, but I prefer talking to them in person.

Jup, I'd just make new friends.

I'll probably edit this and post more questions, but this is all I could come up with so far.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
case a) familiar people

I feel more comfortable interacting in a group setting; that way the attention can be diverted to the more extroverted participants. It becomes uncomfortable when the reverse situation happens.

No.

No.

Yes.

arisniam

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
case a) familiar people b) aquantainces or strangers

It depends on what one defines as "familiar". I find that there are several levels of familiarity when it comes to relationships. But I feel comfortable enough with people I meet on a regular basis, e.g. once a week for a couple of hours. So I would have to say yes when it comes to any acquaintances and folk I know better. It doesn't really matter whether they are a group or not.
The only difference is that, when in large numbers, I get the chance to zone out a little bit if necessary. It lessens the strain of entertaining others.

Yes. But usually not when it comes to groups of people. There's also the case that the individual(s) might not share or even dismiss my personal core values or principles. In that case, I simply loose interest.

No.

Yes. Actually, I'd welcome it.

Clearly introvert. But if left with enough energy and a moderate incentive I can take up the role of the extrovert. It is however quite draining, making me feel like a stand-up comedian most of the time. Nevertheless, upon consideration, most cases are worth it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
case a) familiar people -
one person, but group is ok too. They're just different situations with different advantages and drawbacks.
case b) aquantainces or strangers - group (by far)

I am strongly introverted.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? Not at all.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? Not at all.

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people? Not at all.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I actually have to interact with the people, I prefer one person, or a very small group. If I can get lost in a crowd without interacting, that can be OK, too. I am not that comfortable interacting with strangers or casual acquaintances, unless there is a specific purpose for it. If there is no purpose, adding more people just makes it worse. I prefer familiar people singly or in small groups as well.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? It is more important to me that the other person has a similar outlook or conversational value system, than that they share specific common interests. I can learn alot from and enjoy spending time with someone very different if we both want to talk about things the same level. By that I mean not smalltalk, but a deeper discussion of whatever the topic is.

Absolutely not. I avoid the phone like the plague.

Yes, and I have done it several times. If I know people, I have to start looking them up, etc.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
case a) familiar people
case b) aquantainces or strangers[/B]

I feel at ease with a group of strangers. Complete strangers are my friends, ironically.

I can feel comfortable hanging out with people who I cannot relate to, but I would rarely hang out with such people.

No. I am the fastest talker you will ever meet. With my mouth going at 500 RPM -- what will take people a day, will take me a few seconds to say! No need to be on the phone for hours, just get to the point.

Of course. What's the point of hanging out with the same people all the time?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

case a) familiar people
One person or a small group (2 to 5-ish)

One person or a small group (same as above)

Introverted.

I'm comfortable with it, but it does require a little more "work". I will find something that we can talk about eventually. I sort of "probe" around until I get a "hit" on the radar screen. I might ask if they are a sports fan. If not, I might throw something out there about psychology or personalities. If they don't seem interested, I might say, "So what's your deal? Tell me about you!" And then they might start talking about the fact that they were in the Army or that they are frustrated in their job or that they would like to get married some day, etc. Whatever they talk about, Ne is able to connect with it somehow, some way.

Yuck.

It's literally one of my favorite things to do. Just pick up and go somewhere new. It keeps things fresh and I love exploring new places and learning where everything is at.

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
case a) familiar people - Depends on whether or not they are a friend or merely familiar so if it's friends - either, familiar - group
case b) aquantainces or strangers - One person (generally) otherwise I have the tendency to unintentionally let everyone else talk and just observe.

I am an introvert but converse quite easily with someone who is willing to start an interesting conversation

Yes, I don't really care as long as we get on well.

NO! I hate talking on the phone unless there is a purpose.

Yes. I always seem to find the people I enjoy spending time with and if not, I am just as happy doing things alone as I would with another person.