• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] So there's this ENTP...

grapesoda

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, I've now figured out he's an ENTP. I actually initially thought (based on a test he did, that he did without much care) that he was an ENFP, and posted over in that forum. But after spending more time with him, I am 100% sure he's an ENTP.

Right. So, I have an insane crush on this ENTP. I am a very typical INFP. The problem is that I can't tell if this ENTP likes me as just a friend, or more. I need your help in guessing which it is.

The evidence, dear readers:
1. We work in a small (less than 10) group of people. He often seeks me out (4-5 a week) to do things like take walks and talk, or to discuss various ideas (he's got a PhD in philosophy). While he talks a lot, to everyone, and is extremely friendly, I feel as though he tries to spend time with me one-on-one more than with others
2. He is very complimentary to me, and not very much to other people
3. He is very witty and sharp, but will often check that I'm not upset due to jokes he's made, in quiet a sweet way
4. He's introduced me to his friends outside of work

But I am not sure if he simply views us as friends, since we have the same intellectual interests and can have a great conversation, or more. How would I know? He's not a very touch-y person (nor am I).

I enjoy him so much as a friend so if that's all it can be that's cool (really), but, of course, I think he's kind of lovely too...

As an ENTP, what do you ideally look for in partners/relationships, in general?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're not the first INFP to discuss crushing hard on an ENTP. The attraction seems to be a frequent one, if not ill-fated. I find that interesting in light of Keirsey's theory on ideal matches. (...Is it a case of perpetually mistaken identity?) For what it's worth, I'm an accomplice to your tendency. I admit that I find myself getting along better with ENTJs and INTPs, which doesn't really support or negate Keirsey. Do you mind sharing what it is about him that draws you in? I'm afraid I can't answer your question very well. Hrm... :/

Actually, one of my brothers is an ENTP and he often mentions that he wishes his wife was more relaxed and didn't nag him all the time. (I suspect she's an ESFJ.) Her incessant criticism practically gives him hives and (having dated one for many years) that is definitely not representative of typical INFP relationship behavior. This may be a positive indicator for you. :)

Best wishes.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow another INFP-ENTP thread. You should talk to Thessaly, she knows all there is to know about ENTPs. :laugh:

themarlins

You're not going to find out if he's into you by asking a bunch of strangers on the forum.

You get to know him better IRL and if you think he likes you, just go for it. That's the only way you'll know.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Knock his ass in the dirt like John Wayne, woman.

Or you could just ask. Don't read into it. Forwardness ftw.

No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs can be friendly. Non-ENTPs can read that as flirting. That can come as a surprise to ENTPs. Sometimes pleasant.

Bluntness ft-total-w. Yeah-yeah not the INFP shitik but we're blunt so subtle clues shouldn't be read into that much, push harder for a response.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Run while you still have your sanity. Then again.. Even that's in question at this point.

I didn't even read your post, only the title. I'm that serious.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Run while you still have your sanity. Then again.. Even that's in question at this point.

I didn't even read your post, only the title. I'm that serious.

Hey, if you can´t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, right?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Depends, in the movies there's always this guy crying wolf but nobody listens

He gets the chick and save the world in the end.

There's hope for all of you guys, living in your mother's basement

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends, in the movies there's always this guy crying wolf but nobody listens

He gets the chick and save the world in the end.

There's hope for all of you guys, living in your mother's basement

*shoves Bratty Brat Bear into an old priests' closet full of robes and crossword puzzle books*

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Wow another INFP-ENTP thread. You should talk to Thessaly, she knows all there is to know about ENTPs. :laugh:

I am a bit of a fan. I just feel like the whole world has hated on me forever for being a child, but ENTPs are like "here kiddo, play with this ball" and I'm like "thanks".

yeah....

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sugar, you don't need permission to play with anyone's balls.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*little demure snort*

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*shoves Bratty Brat Bear into an old priests' closet full of robes and crossword puzzle books*

I suck at crossword puzzles
I mean I never actually really tried them, but i think i suck at them

It's like bowling. Who wants to make putting your fingers into a 10 pounds ball and throwing it into a sports. It's madness!

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I suck at crossword puzzles
I mean I never actually really tried them, but i think i suck at them

It's like bowling. Who wants to make putting your fingers into a 10 pounds ball and throwing it into a sports. It's madness!

:laugh:

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

Well if you put it like that then all sports seem pointless. :laugh:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's French. Everything is pointless to them (even Balzac said so) lol

EcK