• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] How do INTJ's behave?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think to the outside world, I come across more as an ENTP. I can be quite exuberant and crazy.

I really don't understand how people come up with the notion that the INTJ is necessarily self-confident. As introverts, I would suspect they can be rather insecure. An Ni dominant is likely heavily involved with internal conceptions, which are sometimes more important than making them a reality, especially when one doesn't have the resources to do so.

But I ultimately crave my alone time and for my lifestyle to be predictable and controlled, which I guess could lead many Ni dominants to be reclusive and perceived as eccentric by others.

From what I've read, empathy is the quality that distinguishes those with a healthy emotional state from those that are sociopaths. Given that, wouldn't that unfairly qualify NTs as more sociopathic?

I really don't see why a lack of empathy is considered unhealthy. I bet those dogmatic followers of that religion called science came up with that one.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think to the outside world, I come across more as an ENTP. I can be quite exuberant and crazy.

I really don't understand how people come up with the notion that the INTJ is necessarily self-confident. As introverts, I would suspect they can be rather insecure. An Ni dominant is likely heavily involved with internal conceptions, which are sometimes more important than making them a reality, especially when one doesn't have the resources to do so.

But I ultimately crave my alone time and for my lifestyle to be predictable and controlled, which I guess could lead many Ni dominants to be reclusive and perceived as eccentric by others.

I think our self-confidence is more professionally oriented vs. say an ESFPs social confidence.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think our self-confidence is more professionally oriented vs. say an ESFPs social confidence.

These days, for some reason, I don't have very many ambitions and I am unmotivated to do anything. Most of the time, I just play on the computer and sleep, perhaps go to the movies once in a while. I don't really know what brought me to this stage, but I am pretty much a loser and a slacker -- it's hardly an INTJ stereotype, but as I said, I enjoy predictability in the outer world, and it's for purposes of being able to muse over my internal conceptions.

And I'm also most likely bipolar. So one minute I'll have ambitious ideas, the next I'll feel like a zombie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds pretty much like life as an INTP to me.

I don't think I'm a logical enough thinker to be a Ti-dominant type, but I think any type can be unmotivated and lazy.

Camelopardalis

MBTI Type
INTJ

I come across as a cynical and feisty female xNTP (but those who truly know me are aware of my INTJ personality, even if they don't know MBTI), sometimes E, but other times I. I'm one of the outgoing introverts who like to be around people but 'disappear' on them from time to time. During one of those times, I'm likely to be found in the library, or staring into space on a random couch or in the computer lab enjoying my alone time. I'm more of a Te (a relatively strong Fi and Ti too) dominated INTJ, as my Ni is not that strong, nor is my judging preference. My Thinking preference, according to mypersonality.info, is 89%

I really don't understand how people come up with the notion that the INTJ is necessarily self-confident. As introverts, I would suspect they can be rather insecure.

But how does introversion equate insecurity? I see myself as a secure person, but it may be attributed to my relatively out-going personality.

Usehername

On a mission
empathy:the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another. (dictionary.com)

INTJs can be empathetic.

I, like Uber (and sorta like Meta) have very often been mistaken as an extravert, and often with ENTP behaviour when I'm playing off friends' personalities I'm comfortable with. I have ENFJ relational qualities when I have time to think. And by that I mean that if the situation varies dramatically from how I envisioned things going in my head, you're going to see me behave in a detached and cool manner like the typical INTJ descriptions (because my default mechanism is to dump the information into my brain and start processing, which removes me from Fe world).
If I know I'm going into a "girly" situation ahead of time (meeting up with female friends) I somewhat consciously turn on my emotional processing, so here you will see ENFJ interactional styles.

Just yesterday, I brought coffee with the right ingredients for an ENFJ (real ENFJ;) friend of mine who was having a rough week (death in the family + school stress). She valued not only that I had thought of her in advance, but that I had paid attention previously to know how she takes her coffee.

Because our friendship is relatively new (since the fall) and we've become incredibly close in an incredibly short time, I had mentally rehearsed some very feeling-y things to relate to her in our conversation. But, in my head, I had planned on doing this while we were isolated in the midst of our personal conversation. She, with her Fe, immediately enveloped me in a spontaneous big hug when I met her and told me she loved me. Emotionally, I had processed the level of our friendship and felt similarly (we have amazing Ni connections and life experience similarities) but because she "jumped me" with the Fe I stoically replied back awkwardly and responded with a lame hug (because my brain was processing too much out of default. I can't spontaneous Fe very well if I don't see it coming).
But, like I said, I would have been mistaken for an ENFJ if things had gone the way I had expected (which was to find a private corner in our university to discuss things) instead of her being all Fe-loaded right when I met her in front of people we know outside of her classroom.

I find it easier to use Te and Fe around males naturally; I have a win-win situation (Te fits in with the boys and is literally second-nature to me, and Fe is gender-expected so it flow smoothly when I'm the female around guys). Female interation is much more difficult because to avoid Te would be unnatural, and in that domain my Fe is more calculated (while most often other females' Fe is more natural than mine, so they have the leg up).