• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs unable to differentiate people??

thegirlcandance

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So I have heard one of you fellow ENTPs comment how you are unable to differentiate people. Hence, you wind up dating SFJs, ENFJs, etc. that end up failing.

I guess I just don't quite understand this because you guys can clearly intuitively read people upon meeting them, but how do you end up in such situations??

Its difficult for me to fathom because as an INFJ I intuitively pick up on things with people and know if I will successfully be friends or date them. If I intuitively read that someone is too immature for me them I just simply choose to keep them at a distance.

Please explain...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't relate, sorry. I can differentiate people fine, the only thing I can think of that may be seen as similar is I simply won't judge people for their shortcomings, I'll give anyone a shot and be friends with nearly anyone.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really understand your question.
Differentiating, how? By type???
I usually accept anybody and everybody as colleague or aquaintance. I'm quite naive and assume a stranger will be okay with me :)
Pursuing the process and creating a friendship is a more tough hurdle, both for me and for the other. I tend to forget names, even if I like the person and we had a great time together. I usually initiate friendships (and try to remember names) when there are some common interests. Of course a friendship (or a romantic relationship) can fail sooner or later... but that doesn't only occur to ENTPs, you know.
I don't differentiate by type. Why should I? What's wrong with dating SFJs and ENFJs? Why assume it would fail before trying? We (ENTPs) tend to try and fail rather than be afraid of trying!

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Yeah, better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
128380564834462500Phsyciccatizi.jpg

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah..I see right through them usually. Could it be an ENTP who hasn't developed their Ti or doesn't really pay much attention to their Ne...

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fact: Most men date women because of their looks.

Type is irrelevant.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fact: Most men date women because of their looks.
Type is irrelevant.

Lol.

I'd also say not to underestimate the power of the xNTP flex, especially for the ENTPs.

Just because you CAN flex to another person and make yourself fit doesn't mean you should, if the flex is too severe. Flexers have a harder time knowing when to stand ground and compensate for any inequity/congruence in the relationship.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
well I don't know, I suppose personality matters more when you grow.

And ENTP ENFJ is a good match.

...I don't know what flex means.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Failing is a matter of perspective.

I enjoy challenges and what I can learn from them. If I date someone radically different from me, I may not win a "successful" relationship, but I'll win learning how to be in a relationship with someone radically different from me.

Yeah, it might mean I don't have much luck in being in committed, healthy, complementary relationships, but that's not always the point. :p

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, it might mean I don't have much luck in being in committed, healthy, complementary relationships, but that's not always the point. :p

I think I never had a healthy complementary relationship :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You sometimes can end up dating someone, who was no fit for you from the start, because you see something in him / her. But sometimes even that works, since you grow and completly change yourself in that relationship.

I wouldnt want to differentiate people cause I hate people who do it. There are a billion ways to differentiate people, like mbti, class, money whatever; people who go by that seriously have a Vollschuß.

The greatest trouble I have is differentiating me and no matter how old I get, it gets worse

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
So I have heard one of you fellow ENTPs comment how you are unable to differentiate people. Hence, you wind up dating SFJs, ENFJs, etc. that end up failing.

I guess I just don't quite understand this because you guys can clearly intuitively read people upon meeting them, but how do you end up in such situations??

Its difficult for me to fathom because as an INFJ I intuitively pick up on things with people and know if I will successfully be friends or date them. If I intuitively read that someone is too immature for me them I just simply choose to keep them at a distance.

Please explain...

I don't know what you mean by differentiate, but I can tell you that from time to time I find myself saying, "All of these white people look alike". (Btw, I'm white.)

Agee

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
Don't relate, sorry. I can differentiate people fine, the only thing I can think of that may be seen as similar is I simply won't judge people for their shortcomings, I'll give anyone a shot and be friends with nearly anyone.

What he said.