• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, What Makes You Lose Your Temper?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What makes NTs blow up?

I find that I have trouble controlling my temper when a problem occurs that I think could have easily been avoided.

I also have a real problem controlling it when I'm in a situation where a strong emotional response is provoked. Yes--I get mad about being mad...sad...any intense emotion.

shmrie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For me it's if something keeps happening that I don't want to happen and I feel unable to fix or stop the problem.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Emotional) projection... almost always makes me roll my eyes.

That said, I don't attribute such behavior to MBTI types. It's a bit more complicated than that, methinks.

sciguy90

When something happens that makes my effort pointless; i.e. waste of my time.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pretty much the combination of:

- Losing control of a fucked up situation
- People trying to control me
- People who didn't get the hint the first or second time I told them blatantly to back off/any other thing.
- Not eating (I'm a real bitch if I don't eat all day)
- Not sleeping (sometimes I just cry, along with losing my temper)
- Time of month (Same stuff as not sleeping...hormones)
- People not getting off my back about things.

There's probably more, but I'm able to keep my cool most of the time. It's usually a concoction of the above things listed that throw me off the edge.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Drawing me in to fix your mess when I took all the necessary steps to avoid the mess to begin with. Taking advantage of the fact that I do genuinely sympathize with people and want to help.

Projecting your insecurities onto me.

Passive aggression. Expecting me to read your mind, then getting mad when I don't.

Being dismissive of me or talking down to me.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
It's hard to pinpoint exactly what ticks me off because it varies considerably depending on the person or situation. But yeah, generally I get the most steamed up when someone else's fuck ups end up inconveniencing me and especially if it makes me have to do something over again (oh man, I freaking loathe to do things twice).

And details. Details frustrate me to no end. :steam:

Oh lord...my temper used to be fast and hot, but it's cooled down quite a lot in recent years. It's not that less things piss me off, but I've gotten better at controlling my temper.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I lose my remote control and I can't change the channels, I get so angry I go out and beat my 70 year old neighbors to cool down.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Nothing. And if I find you annoying I will just walk away.
However people often see my Te are anger.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
People who refuse to listen or gain understanding. I feel you might as well become a hermit if you refuse to change your views.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Minimizing, being dismissive or collaterally kill joying some accomplishment that I give great value.

Me: I.e. I did this xyz for person X. It was like accomplishing a miracle and there life would have been fucked had I not done this.
ENFP Dad: You should have gotten more money for it.
Me: Stop raining on my parade.
ENFP Dad: I wasn't being a kill joy I was raising the value of the accomplishment by raising its worth.
Me: Yeah but it still sucks when you say it. It reminds me of when I say I got a great deal on some product and you say something like how much $4 (when its a $40 product that I got on sale for $13 bucks)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Self-absorbed people (so they tend to be kill-joys, downers, constantly disrupt other people's lives without caring, etc.)
2. Stupid people who don't know/accept their ideas are stupid.
3. Non-NTs who claim to be NTs, when it's so obvious from their thinking style they're not.
4. People are stuck in ruts and refuse to try new things and take calculated risks, especially when disaster will happen for sure if they don't.
5. People who have no ability to see momentarily the world through other people's eyes, nor see a reason to do so.
6. Political/Religious demagogues.

I used to try to take responsibility for people like this when I was younger, and challenge their thinking, try to talk to them enough to make a connection, etc. But that didn't really ever work. All it did was drain me and meanwhile put them in a position of power.

Nowadays, it's more that I sense how open someone is to an exchange of ideas, and I just don't waste my time on people who aren't worth the energy. I'll meet them however far I sense they can go, and then that's that.

Within

Permabanned
People who believe that they have a profound understanding of something even when they time after time prove that they are clueless.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I rarely get angry (Type 9!), but whe I do it's because:

(Emotional) projection... almost always makes me roll my eyes.
This.

That.

Passive aggression. Expecting me to read your mind, then getting mad when I don't.
Th- whoops! I'm getting better at not being P-A. Though mind-reading is separate from P-A. I don't really expect that.

That too.

1. Self-absorbed people...

3. Non-NTs who claim to be NTs, when it's so obvious from their thinking style they're not.

5. People who have no ability to see momentarily the world through other people's eyes, nor see a reason to do so.
How does INTPc not throw you into a full-on rage everyday?

T

ThatGirl

Haha...isn't that a little redundant? :laugh:

Ha, you would think so. Truth is I rarely lose my temper. Like really lose it.

If I were to speak honestly there have been only two things that consistently trigger me.

My ex husband.

And someone, no matter how remotely, trying to mess with my son.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Drawing me in to fix your mess when I took all the necessary steps to avoid the mess to begin with. Taking advantage of the fact that I do genuinely sympathize with people and want to help.

Pretty much the combination of:

- Losing control of a fucked up situation
- People trying to control me
- People who didn't get the hint the first or second time I told them blatantly to back off/any other thing.
- Not eating (I'm a real bitch if I don't eat all day)
- Not sleeping (sometimes I just cry, along with losing my temper)
- Time of month (Same stuff as not sleeping...hormones)
- People not getting off my back about things.

There's probably more, but I'm able to keep my cool most of the time. It's usually a concoction of the above things listed that throw me off the edge.

I rarely get angry but I relate to these. I really resent having hormones interfere with my cool but hard to get around.
I lose it when inanimate things hurt me - stub toe, smash head, bump shoulder, ETC. That door jam gots to die!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCf39u6bX_E"].[/youtube]