• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: do you like me or do you just like attention?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know if I think about it, I relate to what TWHS said.

I can be super smooth and entertaining when I don't care, and act like a complete fucking retard when I like someone.

Is this an ENxP thing?

Or is TWHS an ENFP like Fidelia said?

haha...i relate too actually.. :/

Qre:us

Dear ENTPs,
but how does an ENTP manipulate with sincerity?

For me, if I truly respect and like you, the idea of manipulating you would seem too profane to even consider (not just being manipulated by me, but, anyone trying to manipulate you would get my protective side out in full force). And I sincerely would try to show you all my quirks, my "good, bad, and ugly", in hopes that you still would want to stick around, knowing me, not a caricature of the me you think you know.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i flirt with anything not nailed down, but if i truly like you - i will make the sun shine for you.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I wish you guys weren't so much fun. You ruin the other types for me that I actually have a chance at being happy with *sighs*

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I had a thought on this thread, but I'm an INFJ.

What exactly is the difference between liking a person, and liking that person to pay attention to you? If you like a person to pay attention to you (and you pay attention back to them, presumably), you must think that person is at least entertaining and interesting. And what's not to like about entertaining, interesting people?

The question you really want to ask, seems to be whether the ENTP likes you as an interesting acquaintance, a close friend, or romantically. Because in all cases, the ENTP likes you. It's just a matter of degree. It's not as if there's this thing where the ENTP only likes the attention independently of the person, or likes the person. It's not possible to like a person's attention in a way that's completely independent of them. It also isn't possible to like a person, but not like their attention. At least, I can't see things that way.

EDIT: Well, actually, you might hate your boss, and want them to pay attention to you so you can get a raise/promotion. But aside from something like that, where you have something to gain... I don't really see a case for it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
But the specific sets of behaviors he tends to exhibit are all passive aggressive in nature. It seems that the more emotional the interpersonal conflict or issue, the more passive aggressive he behaves. There was always an exit strategy or a rationalization. He will not take responsibility for his actions. There is never an emotional context his his mind, everything is intellectualized. We move from the realm of the interpersonal to the realm of abstraction. But the greatest weapon in his arsenal is indifference and withdrawal. He feigns indifference even if he is not indifferent. But it makes no difference since the affect/effect is the same.

My ex (ENTP) would never admit to "needing" anything emotionally but would find other means to get his needs met (maybe that's just a male thing - not wanting to be vulnerable). This, I guess, would best be characterized as manipulative.
That sounds more like avoidance (for lack of a better word) to me. Of course aggression and 'defense' are closely intermingled so depending on the interpretation they can be interpreted as one or the other in many cases. Though I don't know what you talk about when you say "but would find other means to get his needs met"

Well, I don't know the guy, so I'm just sort of poking around here.

In my experience, I sincerely don't get emotional over much, and people have often assumed emotional states and motivations in me that simply weren't there. Something I noticed on the forum for example is that when arguing with enfps they (on average, i'm not thinking of anybody in particular) basically get all my motivations and supposed underlying emotional states wrong to a quite "baffling" extent.

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
My best friend in college was an ENTP. I was instantly mesmerized by him, but he was what I call a "love junky." He just loved being in love...or being obsessed. Every new girl was like a shiny new object in the sand. I think that was just him though 'cause you guys all seem to enjoy flirting with a lot of girls but you don't necessarily fall for them. I do hope to find an ENTP who's not a love junky though, 'cause like Thessaly I am also a fan. :)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My best friend in college was an ENTP. I was instantly mesmerized by him, but he was what I call a "love junky." He just loved being in love...or being obsessed. Every new girl was like a shiny new object in the sand. I think that was just him though 'cause you guys all seem to enjoy flirting with a lot of girls but you don't necessarily fall for them. I do hope to find an ENTP who's not a love junky though, 'cause like Thessaly I am also a fan. :)

Oh, I usually recategorize these as ENFPs
It's a simple and convenient sorting method :laugh:

The entps I know of only have a few people they actually care about or might think of even when they're not actually with them.
I personally get excited about ideas rather than people in themselves and in any case am too picky to fall for someone every other week.

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, I usually recategorize these as ENFPs
It's a simple and convenient sorting method :laugh:

The entps I know of only have a few people they actually care about or might think of even when they're not actually with them.
I personally get excited about ideas rather than people in themselves and in any case am too picky to fall for someone every other week.

You might be right about him being an ENFP 'cause he was the most emotional guy I've ever met. He did love to debate though...

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You might be right about him being an ENFP 'cause he was the most emotional guy I've ever met. He did love to debate though...

And One more victory for entp propaganda

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
No we're fucking godzilla.
Godzilla-_God_Of_Monsters!!!_.jpg

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Only 'cause I'm not sure if ENTPs have emotions besides being excited or bored. Do they? Do you guys cry?

No crying, but sometimes they leak coolant, which can be mistaken for tears.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The newest update moves the coolant tubing to the neck, this upgrade should help avoid any further confusion.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
You people are confusing ENTPs with something else...............

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You, sir, have killed the delusion. We almost convinced them we couldn't feel, so when we did it was more magical.