• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Are INTP's superior beings ?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not to mention, a lot of the things the OP mentions are subjective. He has *good taste* in music - classical music. *Good taste* is totally subjective. I hate most classical music - I like other types of music much more. Who decides if my music is superior or your music is superior?

*Good taste* in music = superior human being -------------> ridiculous

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Not to mention, a lot of the things the OP mentions are subjective. He has *good taste* in music - classical music. *Good taste* is totally subjective. I hate most classical music - I like other types of music much more. Who decides if my music is superior or your music is superior? *Good taste* in music = superior -------------> ridiculous

We could quantify the musical works by complexity, duration of the subjective label of "tastefulness", or even by democratic methods. There are a number of ways we could attempt to objectively determine which music is the best, but I'm not feeling up to it.

G

Glycerine

Let's clear this up. You can be smart/intelligent but not necessarily intellectual and vice versa. Intelligence measures how fast one can grasp material and retain it. Intellect is about how curious one is. One can be dumb as rocks but still be incredibly intellectual. One can be insanely smart but not intellectual at all. Many times, they go hand in hand. I took what Shimmy was saying as people who are intellectual engage their mind so they are doing something with whatever intelligence they have. On the other hand, having intelligence doesn't mean one necessarily will use it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It passed beyond stroking a couple of pages ago. It has now transformed into full blown intercourse...
Got a good catch he did. Beginner's luck I say.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do people think this person is a troll? This kind of stuff is very common for MBTI newbies, especially those of the INTP sort.

The fact of the matter is, typically when INTPs fall into patterns of thinking that we are more awesome than everyone else, it is because we usually ARE more awesome at stuff that we deem awesome.

But we are also not disembodied entities of cool, we have our weaknesses, often TONS of weaknesses, but why would we give those things any importance if we're not interested in them?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Why do people think this person is a troll? This kind of stuff is very common for MBTI newbies, especially those of the INTP sort.

The fact of the matter is, typically when INTPs fall into patterns of thinking that we are more awesome than everyone else, it is because we usually ARE more awesome at stuff that we deem awesome.

But we are also not disembodied entities of cool, we have our weaknesses, often TONS of weaknesses, but why would we give those things any importance if we're not interested in them?

Inferior Fe. No-one wants to talk about it until they are able to deal with that otherwise it's big and scary and it's looking in the mirror.

elephant_in_the_room.jpg

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
To whom are we comparing INTPs?

I'd say it goes like this:

INTJ > ENTP > INTP > ENTJ > INFJ > ENFP > ENFJ > INFP > ESTJ > ESFJ > ISFJ > ISTJ > ISFP > ISTP > ESTP > ESFP

An INTJ friend of mine explained that to me once. He made a really good case for it. ;)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

INTJ > ENTP > INTP > ENTJ > INFJ > ENFP > ENFJ > INFP > ESTJ > ESFJ > ISFJ > ISTJ > ISFP > ISTP > ESTP > ESFP

An INTJ friend of mine explained that to me once. He made a really good case for it. ;)

:rofl1:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh well, third place isn't too bad.

I still resent having INTJs ahead though. :shrug:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

You know...I did the math and the above actually does check out. However that is only a one on one with the scale in a vacuum. It actually ironically goes miror image backward (ESFP...>...INTJ) when multiplied by 1000 and placed in an area of 1,018 cubic kilometers

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think any one type is superior to another. Each has strengths, weaknesses, and niches best suited for survival.

We may be better suited (stereotypically) for academia but would probably be big fails if we needed to exist in a social setting for an extended period of time. There are too many facets in the world for one personality type to rule them all.

Arrogance is a weakness in any type...it blinds you to possibility. Your Ne must be quite pissed at you. :)