• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Are INTP's superior beings ?

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Trolls are the superior beings. That's common knowledge.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
by hitting them over the head with a rock and dragging her home by the hair to his under-bridge lair? :thinking:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
INTP's are usually intellectual and smart, but they NEVER get anything done.

rav3n

Curious about how you split intellectual and smart. Hope you didn't intend smart to mean street smart since that's not necessary a term I would apply to INTPs. ;)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Curious about how you split intellectual and smart. Hope you didn't intend smart to mean street smart since that's not necessary a term I would apply to INTPs. ;)

They're not the same thing.

If somebody is smart that means nothing more than that he or she has a high IQ, if somebody is intellectual that means he or she actually does something with his or her intelligence.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I think it's funny that he was shot down by a posse of INTPs, mostly.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I give this thread 5 stars.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can't blame him. We all crave for that ego stroke from time to time.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought INTJs were superior beings compared to everybody else.:huh:

G

Glycerine

I bet he's the kid in class who everyone rolls their eyes at and goes "WTF is the guy talking about? He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about." Those kids are ALWAYS very entertaining.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Put him in a locked cage in the center of the forum so we can all poke and prod. Everyone got their sticks?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP's are usually intellectual and smart, but they NEVER get anything done.

They're not the same thing.

If somebody is smart that means nothing more than that he or she has a high IQ, if somebody is intellectual that means he or she actually does something with his or her intelligence.

You say:
1. INTP's are intellectual.
2. Being intellectual requires one to actually do something .
3. INTP's NEVER get anything done.

Logically speaking, this is a fail. If we never do anything, but being intellectual requires *doing something*, then how can we be intellectual? It just didn't make sense, but it's not a big deal because I have to agree with the general idea you were pointing out - that we often times aren't results driven. That can be the downfall of the INTP if we don't make sure that *ideas* actually manifest into *real results*.

To the OP, everything that you SUCK at (you know what those things are as well as I do), there is somebody else who is EXTREMELY GOOD at it (i.e. they are superior to you in those areas and it wouldn't hurt you to humble yourself and learn from them - hopefully, that's an INTP trait as well), whether it be emotional IQ, matters of the heart (love), dealing with people, being humble, physically fit, well-rounded, etc. You're only considering the things you are good at, while conveniently forgetting the things you probably aren't good at.