• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: How Does Dancing Make You Feel?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Most often awesome, ecstatic, alive, sexy. It's primal and emotional...or sometimes just silly and fun...I tend to feel most at ease with music in a performative way.

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
You know what they say about those who can dance....

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I like dancing...I even took a dance course for 2 years (just like entropie, a secret dance course, ahah). Although I don't love "slow" dancing, I strongly prefer a faster rythm.

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
Dancing is an intense release -- sublime.

I have studied, purely at the amateur level, ballroom, ballet, and bellydance. Ballet holds a special place in my heart, but bellydance is one of the sexiest, more primal art forms ever imagined. When I lived in New Orleans, I would go to the Dungeon, my favorite goth/heavy metal club, and dance like a maniac. But by far the best dancing I've ever done is in my own room, for myself.

I love expressing that eroticism inside, and dancing is the best way to do that (besides the 'other' kind of dancing you do in bed!). I got over most of my concern over dancing in public when I realized that no one is thinking about how bad a dancer you are, because they're all too worried that someone is judging them for THEIR dancing.

My current favorite booty-shaking song is Marilyn Manson's "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World".

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It does not make me feel.

I have tried to dance once about 10 years ago. But I have realized/comfirmed to myself that dancing is not my thing. Plus I never had the need to dance. So there is no contradictory feelings in me about this.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dancing is an intense release -- sublime.

I have studied, purely at the amateur level, ballroom, ballet, and bellydance. Ballet holds a special place in my heart, but bellydance is one of the sexiest, more primal art forms ever imagined. When I lived in New Orleans, I would go to the Dungeon, my favorite goth/heavy metal club, and dance like a maniac. But by far the best dancing I've ever done is in my own room, for myself.

I love expressing that eroticism inside, and dancing is the best way to do that (besides the 'other' kind of dancing you do in bed!). I got over most of my concern over dancing in public when I realized that no one is thinking about how bad a dancer you are, because they're all too worried that someone is judging them for THEIR dancing.

My current favorite booty-shaking song is Marilyn Manson's "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World".

very nice post imo. i will investigate the marilyn manson song. normally i avoid him/it like an STD. perhaps it's like Nietzsche's snake crawling into my ear.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It does not make me feel.

I have tried to dance once about 10 years ago. But I have realized/comfirmed to myself that dancing is not my thing. Plus I never had the need to dance. So there is no contradictory feelings in me about this.

i remain skeptical. really? ok. here's a test of how truly immune to the power of song you may or may not be. please report back which of these SURE FIRE BOOTY SHAKERS (emotional wringers, them all!) you respond to the most:

this one will at least have you reaching for your teddy bear:

finger wagging in the air as i listen to this one!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
i remain skeptical. really? ok. here's a test of how truly immune to the power of song you may or may not be. please report back which of these SURE FIRE BOOTY SHAKERS (emotional wringers, them all!) you respond to the most:

this one will at least have you reaching for your teddy bear:

finger wagging in the air as i listen to this one!

What makes you think that I will have a real emotional reaction to any of that ?
I say "real" since becoming annoyed is emotional reaction and you have the chance of triggering that one with these songs.

But don't get me wrong I don't have anything against you. It is just that stuff like these don't trigger anything in me. I have really hard time feeling and especially I am bad when it comes to warm and fuzzy feelings. Actually not so long ago I have read one book and confirmed to myself that I have never felt loved. And I never ever trully loved anyone back. I mean I did not even have my first kiss or crush and I am drifting towards being 30.

Most of my life I have spent detached and without any friends or a sense of belonging somewhere since I could not feel any real joy or sadness (And I was just fine with living like this). Especally since I have really strong tendency to reduce everything to logic and plans. So when it comes to music I don't have that much to do in these department since the emotion is out of my reach in most cases and there is not much to be analyze or plan.

The reason why I am on this site is exactly because I am searching for ways to better develope my softer side.

I mean I see you are new so I thought you could use a short explanation.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I used to enjoy it, but now it seems that it just makes me want to kill myself.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to dance, but I'm too self conscious to voluntarily go to anywhere that dancing happens. Any actual dancing happens in the privacy of my own home. The exception is at concerts where movement is undeniable.

T

ThatGirl

I like dancing for the same reason I like sex, it is a physical expression of everything you cant put into words. I don't play an instrument, draw, or have any other artistic outlet. So a night of dancing can be down right therapeutic.

MBTI Type
INTJ

"Shout" would have about 10x the ability to bring me out than either of the other two snoozers :p

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

None of those--all too cliche/overdone/wedding reception-y. I will get up and dance to some 80s/90s funky r&b stuff, though. Word Up, Poison by Bell Biv Devoe, that type of thing. Trying to think of some songs that have made me get up and dance, historically...

Unique

Dancing gives my body something to do while my mind takes me to a happy place

I enjoy dancing a lot, it seems to come more naturally to me than anything else

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I struggle to think of any social activity as acutely unpleasant.

Hmm. I would appreciate the sentiment behind that, because I do think that extroverts mean well when they try to pull us out of ourselves. But at the same time I can't help but think (assuming I didn't just meet her) that it also means she doesn't know me so well. I know this isn't necessarily fair, because not everyone understands how really introverted people work (especially ones who are also shy). But the gut reaction is "why are you doing this to me?" instead of "thank you for trying to help me".

:solidarity:

How does dancing make me feel? Massively, uncontrollably awkward (closer to humiliated) and gut-punched. So I don't dance. And like FMW says, fast dancing would be infinitely worse than slow dancing (which also doesn't hold much appeal, but at least I can envision a circumstance where I'd suck it up and do it once or twice -- that circumstance being a wedding -- either my own or one where I had a date).

The worst part is that INxx types aren't really known for being types to crowd the dancefloor to begin with, so when you DO get us dancing, everybody makes a big freaking deal out of it, which makes us want to crawl in the world's deepest hole. If you're going to encourage us to dance, for pete's sake don't call attention to it once we do. Be cool.

:solidarity:

This is a pretty big part of it too (and as mentioned above, dating falls into this category as well). The only thing worse than being expected to dance in public is knowing that it's so out of character that everyone would take special notice of it. I'm far more likely to simply leave and go for a walk (my high school reunion), or come up with an excuse (3-week old sprained ankle at my sister's wedding) than put that sort of spotlight on myself.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love to dance...that's an understatement. I love to dance by myself and with other people. I'd go to clubs just to dance; I didn't want to meet anyone or really interact with them beyond dancing (and they better be able to dance, too).

Hmmm...the music choices above. Those are booty shakers?! :shock: