• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: How Does Dancing Make You Feel?

O

Oberon

Uncomfortably warm. If I persist, sweaty.

My bride has no sense of rhythm. If anything, she's got anti-rhythm... an uncanny instinct for getting out of step.

And she won't be led. So I don't dance.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Dancing is second nature to me. It's something I do as I am singing, sewing, watching tv, talking on the phone, whatever. Music, or even just the implication of music - like someone clapping their hands - will make me move without even realizing it. On the dance floor, I'm not self-conscious. Just happy and feeling normal when mindlessly moving about. When I'm really amping it up, I feel kinda sexy. I don't care what's playing, I'm always bouncing around to something.

Thank you...

Related: do you care if someone's a good dancer? Do you find it attractive? I used to think I cared until I finally danced with my bf of 5 years. I loved him and it was absolutely endearing but not unlike seeing the making of sausage.

I can relate. I never understood why anyone gave a shit what anyone else was doing... until I took my INTP out for a spin. I really don't know how to put this into words. I don't know how he feels, but when he balls up his fists and thrusts his long, spidery limbs out into the space around him, he must feel some sort of pride. He's not the kind of guy who can blend in with a crowd anyway, so to swing his body wildly like that, he must really enjoy being seen. But at the same time, there must be an element of self-consciousness. His cold, empty eyes lay fixed on mine at all times.

I try to shake him by spinning around or changing rhythms, but his focused stare never wavers as he follows me around, never letting up - all while gesticulating wildly. If I try to back away to the left, he'll awkwardly stomp one leg 3 feet to the left while punching straight up in the air, and remain fixed and focused and intense on my pupils. There is no joy in his eyes, just determination. It always throws me off and makes me want to cry out of fear. It feels way too claustrophobic and nauseating, like I can't claim my own space in my own brain.

*unrelated: perhaps I should start an NF thread on this. I randomly polled three of my friends (who happened to be ENFxs) and some interesting patterns emerged: most of us feel more connected with our true selves when dancing; we often dive straight into the most crowded part of the dancefloor as soon as we walk in to a room where dancing is going on; and a few of us admitted to scrambling, billygoat style, to the highest point in the room and dancing alone on top of whatever we could find (speaker, pillar, support beam, etc.) for an odd strain of extrovert: the isolated exhibitionist. Also known as the uninvited go-go dancer.

Can also very much relate, except for the crunchy "true self" thing... I always feel like my true self.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have accomplised the gold course in dancing school. I did it secretive for 3 years and told noone.

Do not tell anyone aswell or I have to kill you :)

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
His cold, empty eyes lay fixed on mine at all times.

LOL.

I try to shake him by spinning around or changing rhythms, but his focused stare never wavers as he follows me around, never letting up - all while gesticulating wildly. If I try to back away to the left, he'll awkwardly stomp one leg 3 feet to the left while punching straight up in the air, and remain fixed and focused and intense on my pupils. There is no joy in his eyes, just determination.

LOL. and, :hug: (to you both)

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have accomplised the gold course in dancing school. I did it secretive for 3 years and told noone.

SECRET DANCE CLASSES. wow. did you ever display the fruits of your labor?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
SECRET DANCE CLASSES. wow. did you ever display the fruits of your labor?

Yes but we only scored second best on the prom because my dancing partner stepped on my foot.

After that I told it only to my girlfriend and she laughed her ass of. Since that time it hasnt been spoken of any further :)

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
Hate it. Hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Except slow dancing, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

LOL...yes slow dancing is cool if you are with a date or potential mate.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I love dancing, but only if I damn well feel like it.

If you make me dance from a source of anything but my Fi, I hate it.

The music's gotta be right, the vibes gotta be right, and I gotta be right.

:moonwalk:

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love dancing, but only if I damn well feel like it.

If you make me dance from a source of anything but my Fi, I hate it.

The music's gotta be right, the vibes gotta be right, and I gotta be right.
:moonwalk:

when you say the music, the vibe's gotta be right. for your consideration:

what say you?

* prepares to be banned *
* hopes no one takes offense *
* has no idea what anyone's ethnicity is*

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I like to dance, but like ScorpioINTP, I hate dance music. I mostly like to dance alone, though, because the presence of others just makes me self conscious. The worst part is that INxx types aren't really known for being types to crowd the dancefloor to begin with, so when you DO get us dancing, everybody makes a big freaking deal out of it, which makes us want to crawl in the world's deepest hole. If you're going to encourage us to dance, for pete's sake don't call attention to it once we do. Be cool.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
:rofl1:

I always thought that skit was hilarious.

Umm, well, I think it is pointing to something, but, personally, my favorite genre of music is underground hip hop, so... yeah.

I just have a refined palate.

I've seen the best DJs in the world, in some of the most amazing venues imaginable.

I don't like shitty music.

If the music (foremost) and the vibe (next most, but the music largely makes the vibe, so...) suck, then I'm not gunna want to dance.

Think of it this way: your Fi is readily accessible, and you're an extrovert; my Fi is less accessible, and I'm an introvert; so, in order to get me to get even close to the same level of Fi-I-wanna-dance (!), something's gotta wake up that Fi, and make it feel like dancing is what it wants to be doing. For me, that is very high quality music. No shitty transitions, no shitty song selection.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Superman never danced !"

or

"Dancing is for people who cant afford to get drunk"

I like too :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
The worst part is that INxx types aren't really known for being types to crowd the dancefloor to begin with, so when you DO get us dancing, everybody makes a big freaking deal out of it, which makes us want to crawl in the world's deepest hole. If you're going to encourage us to dance, for pete's sake don't call attention to it once we do. Be cool.

OMGYES. Same thing with dating.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
dancing as in slow dance with a girl or dancing as randomly moving with a beat?

random jumping around makes me feel like an idiot, a really self conscious idiot.

slow dancing with girl is fun, but i havent done that in like 10 years so id feel pretty self conscious, afraid of stepping on her toes and forgetting how to move

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That dark haired guy in the video looks intp to me. Is that you, by chance ? :D

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eNxZN3oquw&feature=fvw"].[/youtube]

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

random jumping around makes me feel like an idiot, a really self conscious idiot.

slow dancing with girl is fun, but i havent done that in like 10 years so id feel pretty self conscious, afraid of stepping on her toes and forgetting how to move

dancing with girls is very different than with men. ime. (i'm a girl.)

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
The worst part is that INxx types aren't really known for being types to crowd the dancefloor to begin with, so when you DO get us dancing, everybody makes a big freaking deal out of it, which makes us want to crawl in the world's deepest hole. If you're going to encourage us to dance, for pete's sake don't call attention to it once we do. Be cool.

this

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5

Slow dancing embracing a female is good. Dancing alone in a crowd is just unnatural for me. I agree with your jumping around like an idiot line too.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I like to dance, but like ScorpioINTP, I hate dance music. I mostly like to dance alone, though, because the presence of others just makes me self conscious. The worst part is that INxx types aren't really known for being types to crowd the dancefloor to begin with, so when you DO get us dancing, everybody makes a big freaking deal out of it, which makes us want to crawl in the world's deepest hole. If you're going to encourage us to dance, for pete's sake don't call attention to it once we do. Be cool.

OMG yes. My father/Brother always called attention whenever I did/said anything out of character (socially, not dancing) and made me feel like crawling in a hole too. Irked me. Not helpful at all. To this day, I pretty much stay clammed up around My dad. Anytime I open up about anything, I immediately regret it, because I either get some unwanted advice or judgement.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
AHAHHAHAA scooter

and no