• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: How Does Dancing Make You Feel?

Agee

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
First part of what Qre said.

Makes me feel good lol. Only times I can't dance are the times when im being forced or if the athmosphere isn't right, if I do dance at those times...i'll just look stupid because im thinking and not feeling it at all.

Don't understand this "People with lead S function are better at physical stuff."

...Maybe true for you guys but not me, im better than most people. Only time when I suck at things like that is from overthinking.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
i recently dated an NT who claimed he needed large doses of drugs or alcohol to feel like he could dance well. that surprised me. i never explored the topic further with him but have been curious about it.

so NTs...how does dancing make you feel? i suppose i should entitle this "What Do You Think About Dancing?". but i'm actually interested in how you feel when you dance.

What I think about dancing: I look like a complete and utter jackass and have not natural rhythm whatsoever. I can't even sing and clap my hands at the same time, much less do the Cupid f@cking Shuffle!

How I feel about dancing: Love it! I can't dance for crap, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

I concur with many of the the comments here about drinking. I definitely need to be lubricated. Dancing is the only time I drink in order to accomplish a task other than eating pizza. That being said, once sufficiently lubed up, put on some brainless dance music and I'm ready to go!

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Wanton at first... but then kind of silly and embarrassed. And, finally, tired. (I go all out.)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dancing makes me feel like more dancing, and then more dancing, and then hiding in the corner for the other 2.5 hours.

I don't know how to dance but I'll dance like crazy anyway without caring how I look. I just don't have the energy to keep it up for long anymore.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At first, ridiculous, but after a bit of realizing that "no one's watching; I'm with friends and they don't care," it gets really fun. Especially whenever we try to out-stupid each other by pulling some obviously not-cool move.

Edit: "Classic" dancing, like ballroom, swing, and salsa, though... that makes me feel quite gentlemanly and mature. I truly enjoy traditional waltzes with a pretty lady on my arm.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thought of dancing makes me want to spontaneously combust and continue to burn slowly until I'm nothing more than a pile of overly self-conscious ashes.

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dancing is good exercise. It helps me feel physically better and more energetic, works out kinks/stiff muscles, gets the blood moving, etc. It has to have learnable structure, though, otherwise I have no idea what to do, and feel totally idiotic.

lillytira

MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel really self concious at first...but after a while i assure myself that nobody is really watching me and probably won't care...but then i realise that i don't care what they think and start dancing like an idiot.
I like the feeling of just getting all the energy out.

edstamos

MBTI Type
INTP
I have never liked dancing around people. In recent days I've come to do a little dancing when nobody is home and I find it quite liberating.
That said, there was one time I was absolutely comfortable dancing despite the presence of others, and that was at my friend's university graduation ball. We danced to a few jazz/swing type songs, and it was the most fun I've ever had. I believe it was more the company than anything else though. The room was full, but it felt like we were centre stage (we were actually off in the corner of the dance floor and it was packed, but it felt like everyone else just moved out of the way for us).