• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Question for ENTPs

thegirlcandance

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have a question for the ENTPs out there:

I know that you guys with your dominant Ne have many different thoughts and ideas going through your busy minds. I also know that you guys come off as flirts quite easily and perhaps be seen by others as perhaps a "player" even though you're not. You just like to explore.

So my question is (and I guess this could be more directed to ENTP males, but females are free to give their opinions as well): If you knew a girl that you had hung out with a few times, were initially very attracted to her and interested (could not take eyes off of her), and you lived in another state with work at the time... would you go forth to try ANYTHING to be with her despite the obstacles?

I'm not really expecting a yes or no answer because there are many different factors that can take play, but I just want to see how ENTPs respond given that I know how much you guys like to be free and not grow up too fast.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I behave mostly "like a guy" with respect to relationships - Oorobas can vouch... Oorobas - are you there?

Yeah, if we like you ALOT, we can do amazing things to overcome relationship obstacles - Like being in a different state/country

But the quandary is ALOT usually means we feel like the person we are doing this for is practically our soul mate and we figured this out in the first few minutes of talking. Not to be to lewd, but if we have had sex with you, even better, but not really a guarantee.

If this person really is in to you, you would probably know it as when we are attracted - we are pretty obvious with our attraction - and the clear sign that we want to be with you is we make a point to spend ALOT of time with you. I think this is because we find so few people who can stand our intense to totally board in 6 seconds 35 times a day that we know if someone is a good fit fast. The next point also doesn't help us much in relationships because not only do we send mixed signals, but we have the potential to just be dogs. Meaning - most ENTP - probably don't have exclusivity on their list of gotta have's in a relationship BUT we will do this when in love FOR the person we LOVE if it matters to them. Physical touch does not usually equal love to us(?) - I am working on this, may just be me

How it works - Meet & Talk (2-3 minutes) - Decide to keep talking then hang out (1 day) - Hang out and enjoy it (2-4 weeks) - Fall in love - Somewhere in the 2-4 weeks - Long lasting and ready to go if it is right (4 mos - 5 or 10 yrs)

That last part I think is where you see how ready the particular ENTP is to settle down and if this was part of their life growing up. Since commitment causes hives in ENTP, we try to avoid this as much as possible, so this HUGE commitment is high on the list of things we usually have to force ourselves to follow through with.

Maybe TMI - your questions is mostly about the first part, but the long distance aspect is hard for any relationship and really hard for those of us consistently high on the ADD (ENFP/ENTP) scale which makes it FEEL like a huge commitent

Hopefully some other of us of the truly male variety will add in and correct me where I am totally making S#!* up

Good luck!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree that it's a rational decision weighing out the amount of energy spent vs. the return on your investment and expected outcome. "Liking" someone simply isn't enough.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Effort V reward fo' sure. If it's easy or high reward, yup.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I agree that it's a rational decision weighing out the amount of energy spent vs. the return on your investment and expected outcome. "Liking" someone simply isn't enough.

This. :yes:

It's not that I don't trust my emotions, I'm just not comfortable making decisions based on them. If I realize that I'm attracted to a guy and it looks like there won't be much of a return (which could be that he won't return my affections or simply that I don't think he'd keep me interested in the long run), I can drop that attraction like a stone.

However, if I were in your situation and found that I was smitten with a guy who lived in a different province, it wouldn't be that he wasn't important to me, but I have trouble with a kind of "out of sight, out of mind" mentality (not purposefully, but it takes a great deal of energy to keep in touch with people who aren't in my immediate sphere of contact). He might always be in the back of my mind ("oh man, I should have totally just asked him out when I had the chance...we clicked so well") but I don't usually dwell on those things - my current life's possibilities can be quite distracting.

Anyway, 4 for 4 female responses, but hey, I hope you can glean something relevant from our info.

thegirlcandance

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
But the quandary is ALOT usually means we feel like the person we are doing this for is practically our soul mate and we figured this out in the first few minutes of talking. Not to be to lewd, but if we have had sex with you, even better, but not really a guarantee.

Wait, what? Guess I was a bit confused in what you meant there.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, I'ld have to be in love with her what doesnt happen after a few days for me. Would have been more like 1-2 years of relationship first

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. I'm very curious to read the responses to this thread. I am in a quite similar situation right now as well. How would ENTPs be in long distance relationships?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
They'ld be in the cellar working on the teleportation device. And if not they'ld quit their job and move to your place.

I couldnt imagine living in a long distance relationship. That's something for patient people

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm in a LDR. Your question is too vague tho, wadda ya wanna know enthusiastic MBTI one?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I was in a LDR and it was fine because we made the decision, before we started the actual commitment, that this would only be for a finite amount of time. I don't mind the distance as long as I know it won't always be that way, and that we have a plan in place.

I get extremely impatient when I want something. If I know there is a firm date, that quells a lot of the urgency and I can handle it. Until that decision is made though, consider me interested but uncommitted.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have a question for the ENTPs out there:

I know that you guys with your dominant Ne have many different thoughts and ideas going through your busy minds. I also know that you guys come off as flirts quite easily and perhaps be seen by others as perhaps a "player" even though you're not. You just like to explore.

So my question is (and I guess this could be more directed to ENTP males, but females are free to give their opinions as well): If you knew a girl that you had hung out with a few times, were initially very attracted to her and interested (could not take eyes off of her), and you lived in another state with work at the time... would you go forth to try ANYTHING to be with her despite the obstacles?

I'm not really expecting a yes or no answer because there are many different factors that can take play, but I just want to see how ENTPs respond given that I know how much you guys like to be free and not grow up too fast.

I'll be moving to another country, part of the reason is my girlfriend.
I, like fair when it comes to people I care about. So as long as I do actually actively care ( even when they're not in front of my eyes) and the price tag isn't something that goes against who I am (say to move to a place with crazy religious people, or a horrible, horrible, isolated village.. in the mountains ) I'd be willing to try.
The whole 'try anything' isn't really adapted, I'd say 'try to fit them into my life', especially if they have a real positive impact on my excruciatingly slow blossomingcompulsive carefree data hunter gatherer lifestyle (you'll see, I'll be a cool flower and you'll all be JEALOUS!)

Lenian

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes. You have nothing to lose, Nothing.

Talk to her, and the distance might even be a draw..I mean relationships are push pull attraction forces going on..and the distance factor might...she might see it as a pull.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've never entertained a serious long distance relationship, and would probably think it's not the best idea with an ENTP. I told one girl that we weren't staying formally together; if there's no commitment or expectation then no hard feelings or disappointment and if we meet up down the road or end up staying in touch better than expected we could revisit our relationship at that time without any resentment or whatever. That didn't happen, of course, but at least she's not out there thinking I did hr r wrong somehow.
Not that it can't work, but in my experience as a male ENTP it's asking for trouble. I hate getting pointless phone calls to just talk about nothing, especially when they've got that feeling of expectation. I don't find people's daily humdrum entertaining, so when you call me on your drive home to say nothing and I end up listening to a play by play of traffic it pisses me off. My time is valuable to me and I'm right in the middle of thinking about some shit....

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I have an ENTP male friend, whom I met during my divorce. Nothing romantic happened between us, but when we started talking, we just knew we got along on a deeper level, and we're both so accepting of each other's quirks. He lived about 1.5 hours away and we were talking everyday for a month and then he decided to drive down to help me clean up my apartment because I had been depressed about my life event. He understood me, as he went through a very rough depressing time in his life a year previous before he met me. His mom died, and his fiancée left him, so he had an inkling about what was going on inside me. He helped me cleaned my apartment for 6 hours straight!! He gave me encouragement and after he helped me reorganize my living space, he went over to visit one of his friends who lived close by me. Before he left, he hugged me and said, "You're a very nice girl. You're kind. It's only a matter of time." Anyway, we stayed friends, and we're still friends now, just not as close like before he met his wife. When he met his wife, he had only been talking to her for a few days. She was a cousin of one of his friends who was visiting. But after he met her, he immediately rang me up and told me, "I think I just met my wife!!" I believed him and I was really happy for him.

I think ENTP have the extroverted intuition that kicks in and pushes them to take a lot of chances. I felt the most undesirable jolt when I first saw the one I'd marry. I never felt that strongly with anyone after him. Not by a long shot. Sometimes you just know.