• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] questions for ENTJ

persianeyes

MBTI Type
INFP
What is your career/career goal, how long has it taken you to figure it out and get to where you are?

What do you do in your spare time?

What types do you enjoy being around?

What types do you tend to fall in love with, what did you like or not like about them?

What do you value in your spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend (if you have one)?

What do you love, what do you hate (about people close to you and just people in general, about life, rules, society, men/women)?

What's the first thing you notice about a person? (just a person in general or when checking someone out, what would you take notice of?)

Something you would change about yourself? Something you admire about yourself?

How have you grown as an individual, your life lessons?

What is your idea of an ideal married life? (Your roles, spouses roles, kids)

Any pet peeves?

What do you tend to stand up for?

And just something I need to know... If you know an INFP, what do you think of them? If not an INFP then any NF's..

This thread is meant for an ENTJ but any NT's are welcomed to answer as well, just mention your type :) thnx a lot...

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your career/career goal, how long has it taken you to figure it out and get to where you are?

Where I am now is nowhere. I am in preparation mode. I've got several options in my eyes, one of which needs developing a lot, and all of which need developing on some level. I can either go into law or business. If I went into law, I have two options: become a barrister or solicitor. Whatever my career path, I want to make a lot of money.

I talk about personality systems. I listen to music and read. I watch films and play on Xbox Live. I do OTC-related stuff.

Not most of the people I am around, who are normally ESFPs. They're too common; too boring.

What types do you tend to fall in love with, what did you like or not like about them?

I've never fallen in love.

What do you love, what do you hate (about people close to you and just people in general, about life, rules, society, men/women)?

I love freedom, autonomy and meritocracy. I hate bad music and people who constantly attack others.

What's the first thing you notice about a person? (just a person in general or when checking someone out, what would you take notice of?)

Complexion. Always complexion first. That decides for me whether a woman is attractive or not, or if a man is a good man or not.

I'd change my talking about shit I have little to no idea about. I'd say I like my decisiveness and my will.

I feel like I've experienced a hell of a lot already. Most of this has been visible to no one but myself, but my mind has developed massively. I've learned that aggression and force is not the way to make a gain, and that there's no gain without pain. I've learned that for most people it takes roughly ten, sometimes five, seconds to make a decision about you within meeting you. I've learned that people naturally flock towards various individuals for various reasons, and never towards you unless they have a reason to. Sometimes you will not like that reason, but for the most part you will.

I could marry a housewife. I could. This wouldn't be an issue for me. At the same time, if I married a careerist, I'd warn her that when we had kids, she would have to sacrifice her career, at least initially, and perhaps change her line of work for good. I want to be able to provide comfortable and well-off living spaces for my family, even if my wife was out of work. I'm willing to work for it.

Any pet peeves?

Poor grammar. People who think their knowledge, wisdom and way of living is exclusive to them, and who will happily brag about it.

The weak; those who can't defend themselves. If I saw a gang of six attacking a single person, I would instinctively break it up and sort it out. If I thought the issue was fair, I'd allow a one-on-one fight. I have no qualms about settling an issue man to man, if the only way to do so is through a release of physical aggression and a handshake and a hug at the end.

And just something I need to know... If you know an INFP, what do you think of them? If not an INFP then any NF's..

My father is an INFP, perhaps an INFJ. I admire a lot of what he does. I understand most of his courses of action, even if others don't understand why he might do something.

This thread is meant for an ENTJ but any NT's are welcomed to answer as well, just mention your type :) thnx a lot...[/quote]

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not at all. It just hasn't happened.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

Next career goal: business. It took me realizing typical NT stuff was OK for a while but I needed to cater for my EJ.

Socializing, various things at home,...

I can enjoy being around any type. If I had to choose: ENTJ's, ESTP's, ISFJ's, INFP's

Love: ISFJ's. Like: gracious, soft, and strong integrity
Infatuation: ESFP's. Like: funny, cheerful, and positive vibes

honesty, sense of humor, loyalty, trustworthiness, authenticity, etc.

I hate people who are dramatic and get all worked up about small nonsensical issues. Add to that people who are insecure and feel the need to prove themselves to others. Competitiveness outside of a structured task (such as a sport) - it's stupid.

I love people with crazy senses of humor, "philosophizing" with others, straight shooters, debates, ...

If they're smart and have integrity

Quit smoking and start exercizing

I accepted the rules of the real world. I'm more realistic about people and their feelings. I adopt more of a low profile.

Traditional roles. I want to provide a good education and structure for the kids.

Any pet peeves?

Justice

I like INFP's

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

Being a Wall Street player, and small business-owner.

I was hiding behind stock market and equity trading books at the age of 12.

VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!

People I can have an intellectual conversation with.

I would be more inclined to like an an ENFJ

Intellectual capacity, interests in business/finance, and knowing how to have a fun time.

I hate potheads that do nothing with their life.

Intellectuality vs Dumbness

Learned from the lessons of my failures; love problems because they were meant to be FIXED; love challenges to be surmounted.

Marriage? A safe harbor from becoming a man-whore, and enjoying life with one person knowing that she'll always be there.

Any pet peeves?

Anything un-related to business or having fun.

Common sense in politics.

I love INFPs and ENFPs

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
My career goal is to be something in law, most probably prosecuting. I would enjoy a career in the FBI as well.

I read. Obsess about my shows. Work out. Socialize. But generally, in the time where I'm relaxing -- I watch TV. It's the only way that I can actually escape from reality for a bit and just RELAX. Same goes for reading.

I love INTJs, ENTPs, and some feeling types -- most of my girlfriends are ENFPs.

I've only been in love once and that is currently with an ENTP. He frustrates me, fascinates me, interests me...but I do get annoyed often with his stupidity. By stupidity I mean his inability to think ahead or about the consequences of what he does. He just doesn't ever think ahead. I like that he is silly, clever, witty, and just all around interesting.
I did once have a thing with an INTx. He was...so awfully mean and blunt, I loved it. :D

See above.
As well as...I need humor and for them to challenge me. This doesn't mean to just incessantly argue, but to just challenge me on a whole. Stand up when he thinks I'm wrong or...I dunno how to describe it. But if they don't interest me or challenge me, which I can sense in boyfriend material, I will not glance their way again.

I love people who love honesty and appreciate blunt conversations.
I hate smalltalk.
I hate the mundane.
I hate the social contract that has been forced on us all.
I love law and order though. Figure that one out. :p
I love the way a man smells. :wubbie:

Physically? Their eyes. You can tell everything you need to know about someone within five minutes, and the first cue you get is from the look in their eyes.
Mentally? I notice if they laugh. If they don't laugh, then boo on them.

I would change my obsessive need to control and the freak-outs that happen when I feel as though I'm losing control of a situation or relationship. I'm not very healthy on this front -- and it tends to get worse the more I'm invested in a situation.
I admire my ability to stay on top of things and rise to a challenge. I admire myself for people thinking I'm a badass. Makes me feel all warm inside.

I don't know, honestly.
I just have matured as all children eventually do.
I'm a bitter, misanthropic, humorous hag though.

Just a happy family. A husband who does what he loves.
Kids who are well-adjusted and have all they need without being spoiled brats.
A mom, but a career woman as well. I'LL MAKE IT WORK.

Any pet peeves?
Creepy long fingernails.
People who don't respond to text messages.
People who are always emotional.

What I feel is right.
For people who can't stand up for themselves.

Don't know any INFPs that I know of...but, I do have A LOT of NF friends. They're pretty awesome, and I find they counter balance out my craziness. But my ENFP friends frustrate me at times with the lack of ever planning anything.

Koba

MBTI Type
INTJ

My goal is to organize a political party based on the eradication of private property brought about by the fury of the working class. I decided upon it when I was... oh, sixteen or so? Growing up I was always around poverty. With poverty comes misery and it kind of bugs me. Not to mention our economy is terribly inefficient.

I read my non-politically aligned books. Or I break into abandoned buildings.

INTJ's are fucking awesome. I also like ENTP's, INFJ's, ESTJ's, and ISTJ's. I would like to meet an INFP though.

I only fell in love once, it was with an INTP and it was a disaster, so much so that I remained single for the next several years and remain single to this day.

I like a partner to be on board with whatever I'm doing. I also like when they can bring the emotional side out of me, believe it or not, it is really nice to be intimate with someone on an emotional level, so long as it doesn't interfere with whatever you're doing.

What do I love? I love the idea of struggle and adversity. Nothing is greater than achievement but only when it's coupled with a good fight does it get really orgasmic.

I hate a lot of things, we'd be here all day if I were to list them all. Suffice it to say I hate capitalism and ketchup.

I usually look at the face.

I guess I could be nicer to people but I've yet to find it worth the effort. I most admire the fact that I'm principled and stick to my guns.

This question sucks

Marriage. lol.

Any pet peeves?

Whistling.

I stand up for the oppressed, working masses.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
*Word Wall Warning*

for all the tl:dr (too long: didn't read) folks Disco is going into politics and thinks about things sometimes probably....

Easier asked than answered no doubt. It's taken me the better part of 24 years to figure out what I want to do. That's not right....

I always knew what I wanted to do I just didn't know how I was going to go about doing it.

Let me start at the beginning.

When I was young, I had a crazy dream. A dream that no one wants to have.

I dreamed that I was President....

and needless to say, it affected me....

From what I remembered of the dream initially, being President didn't seem very fun. And didn't seem like something that I would enjoy very much.

Now I understand that a few people out there are probably thinking, "Being President sounds like a pretty sweet thing, why's he bitching about it?" (or not, I really can't gauge your interest at the moment... that is unless I'm right behind you......)

:peepwall:

just kidding...

But I digress... People always dream about being elected President, not the actual doing of the job. It's tough being accountable and responsible for your family isn't it...

How much tougher would it be to be accountable and responsible for 330 million Americans?

At that point, I let the dream fade away into fuzzy warm childhood memories and didn't worry much more about it.

Fast forward to my freshman year of High School. It was a pretty standard and boring year, besides deciding to go from AP classes up to IB. And economics. I had a feisty little Latino teacher I can't remember the name of. Anyway, I really enjoyed the class and liked how it it dealt with the Macro rules that govern our financial system. This class planted the seed.

The next year I moved into IB, or the "nerd herd" as high school vernacular would have it. With this I began the study of European History with the reverred Mrs. Coburn. I dug the wars and state building, thought the Renaissance was pretty cool, and really got into the enlightenment. I think this class, is where my true education began. Where I began to study the ways in which powerful sovereigns deal with each other to the greatest benefit (or detriment) of all. This was the first class that dealt with complex interstate diplomacy, and that really hits my intellectual G-spot.... :nerd::devil::bananallama:

Unfortunately my AP US history teacher sucked my junior year so the budding diplomat inside me took a nap that year. That was until I got the opportunity to Study at Cambridge in England with the Cambridge College Program in the summer of 2003.

That summer for the first time I GOT TO CHOOSE what classes I wanted. Well two of them at least. I was forced to take British Cultural History (but it wasn't so bad). For my other classes I chose the History of Espionage and International Relations and terrorism. The funny thing was, the Espionage class was a double-oh-seven snoozer.....

And International Relations and Terrorism was a Revelation!!!!!!

It was like a bomb was set off in my head.

To give you a sense of how this class affected me. Months later during my senior year in high while sitting in my Modern history class, I was drawing up multi-point plans on how to stabilize and leave Iraq. Plans that focused primarily on infrastructure and education. And I'm one lazy mother fucker.

My senior year continued my education in history. But not too much worth noting (career wise) happened that year.

I was accepted to the Alma Mater of both my Father and Grandfather,

The University of Florida

I got a 100% free ride to UF. I got paid for books.:D

My Father wanted me to be a business major of some sort. Well.....

He wanted my first major to be whatever I wanted but that second one should be business.

I hopped on the Poli. Sci. train from the word go, and thought I'd take a double in Economics. I was pretty interested in my core poli. sci. classes, but all the math in Econ, made me want to punch someone. Let it be said. I'm good at math, I just dislike it. And chose to stop taking it after trig. pretty much. I took IB math studies, my senior year of HS, hooray dumb math!

Anyway, outside of POS 4114 no single college poli. sci. class really stuck out at me. It was the class was called legislative politics, and I loved every minute of it. We got to conduct congressional simulations in class. Luckily I took it before I joined Lambda Chi Alpha and decided to become the guy your parents warned you about.

But that served it's purpose too. I did a lot of social growing in college. (interpret the term social growing as you will :devil::cheers::pornstar:)

This is where the story gets difficult. I took the LSAT and didn't study. Did well enough to get in.

I come from a family of doctor's and lawyers, the lawyer gene skipped my Dad and went to me everyone thought. Well I did get it. Unfortunately as my penchant for math with tell you, ability for a subject doesn't necessarily equate to interest in it. There were a few classes I loved in Law School. That's what was so confusing. I loved, crim law, loved con law and loved criminal procedure. I remember speaking with my crim Law Professor who had been a Poli. Sci. undergrad at Harvard, and telling him that the laws were dumb that we should write better ones.

I was more concerned with right and wrong that what the letter of the law actually said.

The scariest part about Law School was the longer I was there the less I gave a shit about it. I was supposed to love this, this was supposed to be my calling. I damn near killed myself trying to prop up that facade.

It was while working with a Judge that I decided that this wasn't what I wanted to do anymore. Luckily this decision also coincided with my decision to fail evidence the prior semester.

I have spent the better part of this last year depressed and unemployed and worried about what I will be.

Luckily I had become close with several professors and the Judge I worked for and was able to square away some letters of recommendation. And had grown up in the neighborhood of the current Representative of Florida's 4th district Ander Crenshaw.

I sent in the app.

Way to much baited breath later....

Voila your internship in the exciting Metropolitan city of D.C. awaits...

NOW ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER OF MY LIFE :solidarity:

I hope that answers your first question.

Think a lot. Video games. Weed. Read. Follow current events. Hang with friends, blah blah blah........

I didn't know there were types I didn't enjoy being around.

Still not certain if I've experienced love. Certainly not reciprocal love.

N/A

I love discretion. Someone smart enough that I don't have to show them how to play by the rules. I LOVE a challenge. The bigger the better, and who says love isn't a challenge in and of itself, maybe its the only challenge that matters.

I hate many things.

Eyes.

Change love handles. I admire my courage.

I'm gonna say answer one kinda covered this. And since this post is already far too long I will leave this explanation for later.

We marry while we are both working or she may still be in school. I would prefer a parent at home during the formative years i.e. the first 18. But this wouldn't be a unilateral decision in a marriage. I think kids need a mom or dad in the house at least until high school.

Any pet peeves?
disloyalty

Human rights. The best argument I have ever made was on behalf of Hamdi in Hamdi v. Rumsfeld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

INFP's rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP

My career goal is to become an academic within the field of ancient history. Should that not come off, I suppose I'll join the RAF as a pilot.

I read science fiction, ancient history and philosophy of history. I occasionally read books on different topics, too.

Generally, I prefer NTs, especially INTs.

I've never been in love, and probably never will be.

That question is rather broad. Suffice it to say that I value intelligence and virtue, and disparage their opposites.

In general, the first thing I notice about someone is their gender.

I'd make myself more intelligent. As for what I admire in myself? My intelligence.

I really don't have much experience here, but one "lesson" I have learnt is not to trust fully people who are not members of my close family.

Not interested.

Any pet peeves?

Extroverted brutes.

Nothing.

I don't know, nor have I ever known, an INFP. I knew an ENFJ reasonably well, and that experience has led me to be quite sceptical about NFs. It is not so much their overt emotionalism, but their lack of reliability and, especially, loyalty that causes this.

I'm an INTP.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
intp, but bored enough to answer these.

I'm just not money motivated. I'm looking for a sustainable stream of interesting challenges. I am hoping a math PhD will get me closer to that ideal.

Mostly sweat. I spend a lot of time training jiu jitsu. I spend almost as much time weightlifting and running. I spend a lot of time coffee shop sitting doing homework and looking at the internet.

I prefer P's.

I like people who put me at ease. I'm still figuring out the exact dynamics of it. I've crushed hard on an ENxJ, an INTJ or two, an xSFP, and loved an ISTJ.

I value easy, straightforward communication. Acceptance, encouragement. Similar open-mindedness. Cuddling.

I love ridiculous feats of excessive awesomeness, be they art, music, engineering, athletic, intellectual, whatever. I hate that pop music makes people get so excited. I want to shoot myself when people put money in a jukebox and choose lady gaga.

I guess clothing. Signs of quirkiness, minor deviance always catch my eye, in a good way.

I am proud of being tough. I wish I were more in tune with he people around me. I don't think the two compete.

I'd like some more confidence/charisma but I think I'm getting better with age.

I've crystallized my values and developed a good deal of self-acceptance. I can manage my peace of mind more skillfully than when I was younger.

Been married. It was far from ideal. At this point, my ideal would be separate apartments even if I sleep at her place every night. I'd prefer to cook, shop, run errands if she'll manage the logistics of finances, long-term planning etc.

Any pet peeves?

Whew... long list of questions. I told off a teenage girl playing justin timberlake out loud on her phone the other day. So that.

I am excessively laid-back. Perhaps peace, love and understanding... and headphones.

Wish I knew some INFP's. This site makes me think theyre pretty awesome. NF's are cool in general, if a bit predictable; they all want to save the world.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
To become the greatest inventor to ever exist and to operate a small business. The second of these goals has already been completed but I want to expand my current business into several more countries before selling it and using the return to fund the next venture. Eventually, I want to run a multinational mega corporation focused upon technological innovation. I knew what I wanted to do at an extremely young age and have been working towards it for two years.

I work most of the time so rarely have any spare time, though when I do I tend to work out (running, lifting weights).

INTJs and INTPS. Strangely enough, I get along extremely well with ISTJs. I appreciate their blunt honesty, drive, and their ability to put aside emotions while thinking logically about their situation. I assume that it’s a form of Te appreciation; we speak the same language and we both tend to provide an extremely large amount of respect for each other. I also find it interesting that ISTJ women tend to be even more bluntly honest than I am, which means that the opinion of any ISTJ tends to mean quite a bit to me; they tend to be very helpful at giving productive criticism and don’t sugarcoat like other types do. However, their lack of imagination and unwillingness to really improve themselves means that I wouldn’t be too interested in one as a romantic partner.

I haven’t been in love since I was a child and it’s not a word that I like to throw around casually. Theoretically, most likely an INTJ. INTPs are attractive as well but their lack of drive and ambition is a bit unsettling.

Single.

I love freedom, money, power, technology, and art. I hate the oppression of the weak by those in power, the inability to see matters from the perspective of others, the belief that one’s ideals are objectively true, racism, sexism, war, conformity, cowardice, communism, anti-intellectualism, and a lack of drive and ambition.

Their intelligence and creativity. I tend to rank people by those two variables.

I would like to possess a greater level of intelligence and creativity than the likes of Newton and Edison. Other than that, I’m happy that my abilities have at least been above average in those regards.

I finished high school early and for one year did nothing other than eat, sleep, and study electrical engineering, chemistry, and how to create mechanical devices. When I finished that year it was as if I had reached a level of enlightenment. My abilities were immeasurably better than they were previously and I felt as if I could easily conceptualize and create any technological object. I felt similarly about coding after I had worked on a video game for a year back in middle school.

One of equals. I’m not interested in a damsel, so much as I’m interested in a partner in crime to accomplish my goals with. I don’t plan to have any children as I realize that I’m too focused on my aspirations to actually be a good father. However, once I reached a certain a level of competence, I would be interested in becoming a teacher, and to enter a master-apprentice relationship.

Any pet peeves?
This was mostly answered in a previous question, though anti-intellectualism, the idea that one’s ideals are objectively true, and the belief by many adults that they are inherently more intelligent than children and adolescents, really stand out.

The oppression of the weak and any attempt by a government to seize power from its citizens. I also hate it when people cowardly gang up on another person and will tend to side with them for that reason alone.

I’ve known tested ENFPs and one INFJ in the past. From what I can tell, I tend to get along extremely well with both of them, especially INFJs, whom I admire for their personal charisma.