• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] Inferior Si.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:yes:

To ENxP: Dont be afraid to repeat past patterns...you might find something different ;)

Um, isn't the definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ That seems to be my biggest problem though. I look through the past hoping to find something new, but I don't have new experiences to take back to the past to understand it better, because I'm trying to figure out the past.

your trying to hard

Um, isn't the definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results...

who said there was anything wrong with insanity? Dont expect results...problem solved.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dude, I already have enough OTHER kinds of insanity to deal with without intentionally developing another.

You're not even an Si type, anyway.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, I already have enough OTHER kinds of insanity to deal with without intentionally developing another.

You're not even an Si type, anyway.

Im not Ne either so I dont really care about patterns.

A

A window to the soul

:yes: Excellent example and "not expecting results... problem solved" is illogical lunacy.
...or a witty joke?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Im not Ne either so I dont really care about patterns.

I remember before I found MBTI I thought that people who couldn't see underlying patterns were retards.

By the same token, my ESFJ ex thought I was a retard because I acted so "weird" socially and didn't always act in the appropriate way he expected me to.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I've been trying to pay attention to how certain stimuli make me feel (i.e. what they remind me of, what emotions/memories they evoke) and I end up getting stuck in the analysis of how I feel, which then takes me out of the actual moment propelling me further from the present. Perhaps I am trying to hard, it wouldn't be the first time (zing?).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes: Excellent example and "not expecting results... problem solved" is illogical lunacy.
...or a witty joke?

IRL there arent any 2 situations that are exactly identical...so dig to find the differences so you can understand instead of chalking it up to a repeatable pattern. Ne would equate to "surface patterns"

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been trying to pay attention to how certain stimuli make me feel (i.e. what they remind me of, what emotions/memories they evoke) and I end up getting stuck in the analysis of how I feel, which then takes me out of the actual moment propelling me further from the present. Perhaps I am trying to hard, it wouldn't be the first time (zing?).

wait...when do ENTPs pay that much attention to how they feel?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That's essentially all Ne can do. Is look at surface patterns, it's up too Fi/Ti to delve into the patterns and check for authenticity.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's essentially all Ne can do. Is look at surface patterns, it's up too Fi/Ti to delve into the patterns and check for authenticity.

But functions aren't used in a vaccuum. It's basically like he was saying that the patterns Ne sees are bullshit.

That's not right.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I reread it and it sounds like he doesn't believe Ne actually exists. If you say that no two situations are identical barring that paradoxically no pattern means that it has a pattern, then Ne and Ni for that matter would be useless because in that instance there would be nothing to connect. People are the obvious kink in this idea.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But functions aren't used in a vaccuum. It's basically like he was saying that the patterns Ne sees are bullshit.

That's not right.

I was saying that a percieved pattern taken deep enough will never be a pattern. I am saying that a pattern is just the begining to what really is. Nothing in life is exactly identical. So for patterns to work well like it does with ENxPs they have to keep being applied over and over...hence preference to Ne.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was saying that a percieved pattern taken deep enough will never be a pattern. I am saying that a pattern is just the begining to what really is. Nothing in life is exactly identical. So for patterns to work well like it does with ENxPs they have to keep being applied over and over...hence preference to Ne.

It's because of people who are able to spot patterns in situations or people that seem "unique" to you is why we now have information about mental illness, MBTI types, and the entire psych field in general...not to mention many other findings.

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just means you're good at different things, and prefering Se that means you prefer to deal with each situation as it comes up. That has it's plusses and minuses, just like Ne has its plusses and minuses.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I was saying that a percieved pattern taken deep enough will never be a pattern.

This would only be true if the pattern was incorrect. A perceived pattern that is correct, no matter how deep will always be connected thus the pattern.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's because of people who are able to spot patterns in situations or people that seem "unique" to you is why we now have information about mental illness, MBTI types, and the entire psych field in general...not to mention many other findings.

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just means you're good at different things, and prefering Se that means you prefer to deal with each situation as it comes up. That has it's plusses and minuses, just like Ne has its plusses and minuses.

Yes, we have "symptoms". And how many times are problems misdiagnosed based on symptoms. Yes Ne has its plusses and minuses, I was trying to explain how to get past its limitations and delve into Si...but all Ne seems to want to do is argue about it and take offense.

A

A window to the soul

IRL there arent any 2 situations that are exactly identical...so dig to find the differences so you can understand instead of chalking it up to a repeatable pattern. Ne would equate to "surface patterns"

The Ne attitude is not that digging for a specific pattern is important; no, no. The Ne attitude is that digging for anything is intrisically important because no matter what I find, I found something and I'll explore outside of the widely accepted presumptions to do it. How do I know that? I know that because I have extremely high Ne; it's my strongest function by far. I don't necessarily need clearly defined patterns to form a new whole.

Are you assuming that Ne doesn't dig to find differences? I think this depends on the supporting function.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This would only be true if the pattern was incorrect. A perceived pattern that is correct, no matter how deep will always be connected thus the pattern.

yes, but the deeper you dig, the more you seperate. A simple A vs B pattern becomes A vs B vs C as a new area is found. Then it becomes 4 seperate patterns, then 5, does it ever end?