• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] Inferior Si.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I suppose that's what causes the appearance of security. You don't 'shake things up' until you've got a firm hold on the situation. Is your Ne usually always directed towards a task, you aren't likely to just come up with ideas on a wimb are you?

I'm at my best with Ne with tasks. They have some level of predicatability and the variances usually aren't that extreme that I would be totally thrown off. Any totally unexpected variences may bring up some thoughts about what I'm doing, if it's right, should I put an end to this, etc. but I usually fight through them, because in the end it's really not a big deal. Money matters are usually like this. I won't have a certain price in mind when I'm buying something, but if the cost appears to be too much I might have a bunch of questions going through my mind. Sometimes if the price is too little I wonder if they are trying to burn me or it's a fake. In the end though I'm fine, it's just the process I go through. Ne's just not my strength. I welcome it, but it makes me nervous LOL.

People are different. You can't predict them, so I try to figure people and situations out prior to making a decision (feelings again!) My ENTP friend and brother always tell me to stop analyzing relationships so much, and to just go with it, take risks, etc. The comfort will come with practice, I guess. That's why I couldn't have an SJ girl, that blindspot in both of us would have me miserable.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

So the Ne is like your cynic? Where as Si should be my cynic. It would show us, in your instance, how you could get burned and in my instance how I have been burned, but I don't treat it as cynic. A very connotative word, but I think it's proper. We are cynical about that function because we don't trust it, but we are cynical about our ideas because we don't trust them. We don't trust other people so we use what we don't trust in order to analyze them. Just brainstorming now. Stress would cause mistrust, or an adversion which also inspires us to go into our more reactive functions, closer to the subconscious. Our goal is to trust ourselves and the decisions we make so as we don't have to be cynical, this is to say that cynisism is illogical, which it isn't if it helps self-preservation. Self-preservation is above all. Introverted Sensing wins most of the time.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
So the Ne is like your cynic? Where as Si should be my cynic. It would show us, in your instance, how you could get burned and in my instance how I have been burned, but I don't treat it as cynic. A very connotative word, but I think it's proper. We are cynical about that function because we don't trust it, but we are cynical about our ideas because we don't trust them. We don't trust other people so we use what we don't trust in order to analyze them. Just brainstorming now. Stress would cause mistrust, or an adversion which also inspires us to go into our more reactive functions, closer to the subconscious. Our goal is to trust ourselves and the decisions we make so as we don't have to be cynical, this is to say that cynisism is illogical, which it isn't if it helps self-preservation. Self-preservation is above all. Introverted Sensing wins most of the time.

Yeah that could be it....but could everyone's inferior operate like that- it operates cynically, or is it just so far removed or we are so less skilled at it that we just don't know how to use it, or even to identify when we are using it? I'm thinking that perceiving functions could be a trust issue but could judging functions be just as cynical? Just questioning.

In the end I want to get better with it, I think it makes life a lot more enjoyable, but it's crazy how much your primary affects a lot of what you do on a daily basis, consciously and subconsciously.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I frequently engage in Fi-Si loops, oftentimes these have a twinge of sadness, frustration, or anger to them, but these Fi-Si loops are what keep me anchored to what I care about, what really matters.

All in all, I don't even view my Si as being fourth in place, if that makes sense.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not trapped, but caught up, I get into these modes/moods where I can't get out until something, or someone snaps me out of it.

I like to remember things, places, feelings, people, moments and relive them in my head.

What went wrong, what went right, what if...

You know?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think my Fi-Si loops look embarrassingly a lot like romanticizing aspects of mountain culture that the adult me knows better that I've repeatedly run from.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not trapped, but caught up, I get into these modes/moods where I can't get out until something, or someone snaps me out of it.

I like to remember things, places, feeling, people, moments and relive them in my head.

What went wrong, what went right, what if...

You know?

Yeah, I do know.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That does sound familiar. I usually try to figure out why something went the way it did and then... *THOUGHT* It's a realization. That would seem to be why I seem to get stuck in the past. I can't tell if I've had this idea before or if it's new, but I'm about to personify - If Ne uses itself in the Si, nothing new can actually be known or found like that because it truly only happened once and Ti can try it's best to logically deduct from your "what if's", but it can never be sure. So having too much confidence in Fi/Ti and it's ability to reason what didn't happen can delude you and keep you from trying something now in order to actually get the concrete information it needs.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Guest: "Oh god this is boring,
every day the same,
never something exciting happens,
life's so endlessly boring...."

Waitress:"Yes, you are right. What do you want to drink ?"

Guest: "Errrmm... the usual"

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRt0mEXWNuM"]:D[/youtube]

Nameless Hero

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Use S(i) to anticipate others resistance to your ideas, then use N(i) to find a path around the likely opposition. Use N(e) to create the solution, use S(i) to sense and expect the counter arguments.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Is one of those suppose to be Se? The last one sounds like it would be. I know the usage for the most part it's more about how you cope with the Sensing aspect of the functions in the inferior seat. Insights?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I can't tell if I've had this idea before or if it's new

Heh...I know that this statement was a precursor to something else (and a good point, I might add), but it struck up something I've often had a problem with. Sometimes (unconsciously) Ne will skip over information that I've heard before, chucking it aside as obsolete because it can't add anything new to my giant Ti database. This produces an odd ghost-like phenomenon, because yes, that information might have been relevant, but it's like I can't access that file and there's this weird missing piece to my puzzle that I can't quite place (and it'll start to irk me). Then when I think about it a lot, it'll pop into relevance and I'll be kicking myself for how "simple" the solution was.

What I realise is that, even though I am clever and intelligent, it's really only about things that are new - things that I am learning. When it comes to things I've already learned and are long established, I can be quite slow and seemingly naive ("unpractical").

And I think about growing older and how important (and perhaps natural) the development of my inferior Si will become. There will get to be a point where "new" won't be quite so abundant as it is now at 20 and I'll need the past information to keep me sane and still interested in life.

I have no idea how to go about developing that Si, but I'll just assume it gets stronger as I get older and wiser. :rolli:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Heh...I know that this statement was a precursor to something else (and a good point, I might add), but it struck up something I've often had a problem with. Sometimes (unconsciously) Ne will skip over information that I've heard before, chucking it aside as obsolete because it can't add anything new to my giant Ti database. This produces an odd ghost-like phenomenon, because yes, that information might have been relevant, but it's like I can't access that file and there's this weird missing piece to my puzzle that I can't quite place (and it'll start to irk me). Then when I think about it a lot, it'll pop into relevance and I'll be kicking myself for how "simple" the solution was.

What I realise is that, even though I am clever and intelligent, it's really only about things that are new - things that I am learning. When it comes to things I've already learned and are long established, I can be quite slow and seemingly naive ("unpractical").

And I think about growing older and how important (and perhaps natural) the development of my inferior Si will become. There will get to be a point where "new" won't be quite so abundant as it is now at 20 and I'll need the past information to keep me sane and still interested in life.

I have no idea how to go about developing that Si, but I'll just assume it gets stronger as I get older and wiser. :rolli:

This might be the key. My ENTP coworker is quick to want to skip over or dismiss something that has been discussed before. Maybe that's the resistance to Si- not a lack of confidence, but an unwillingness to listen to it because the the real answer is in what's yet to come (Ne) as opposed to what's happened already. So to develop it may be to pay closer attention to instances where your mind is feeding you blasts from the past. Doesn't mean you have to listen. At least consider it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This might be the key. My ENTP coworker is quick to want to skip over or dismiss something that has been discussed before. Maybe that's the resistance to Si- not a lack of confidence, but an unwillingness to listen to it because the the real answer is in what's yet to come (Ne) as opposed to what's happened already. So to develop it may be to pay closer attention to instances where your mind is feeding you blasts from the past. Doesn't mean you have to listen. At least consider it.

:yes:

To ENxP: Dont be afraid to repeat past patterns...you might find something different ;)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

^ That seems to be my biggest problem though. I look through the past hoping to find something new, but I don't have new experiences to take back to the past to understand it better, because I'm trying to figure out the past.