• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
This is what I want now...

horse-trailer-accessories-1.jpg

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I dont drive, but if I was to have a car it would be either this:

Peugeot-308-2011_2.jpg

this:

36681_2010_opel_astra_7-4b77aa849a744.jpg

or this:

Citroen-C4_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs have a taste in automobiles ?
INTJs have specifications for automobiles.

My first car, except blue, not red:
1988+Toyota+Corolla+FX.+-+3.jpg

My first car purchased new:
89324711.jpg

My last car:
full-1998-Honda-Civic_23890_1.jpg

My current car:
20080520-Fit-IL01.jpg

Yes, there is a pattern here: economical, reliable, good mileage, decent handling, small for city driving/parking but accommodates reasonable amount of people/things (hatchbacks are great for that, w/ reconfigurable interiors).

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
INTJs have specifications for automobiles.

My first car, except blue, not red:
1988+Toyota+Corolla+FX.+-+3.jpg

My first car purchased new:
89324711.jpg

My last car:
full-1998-Honda-Civic_23890_1.jpg

My current car:
20080520-Fit-IL01.jpg

Yes, there is a pattern here: economical, reliable, good mileage, decent handling, small for city driving/parking but accommodates reasonable amount of people/things (hatchbacks are great for that, w/ reconfigurable interiors).

Love both your taste, and your rationale here. *tips hat to you*

Nicki

Retired
68 PAGES????? I know I have great taste in automobiles although I'm not sure if this is an inferior Se thing but I have a habit of overdoing things aesthetically to the point of making things look bad.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
•Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly

source - Famous INTJs

I may or may not be INTJ, but I for one certainly have the most insanely out of touch with mundane existence ideations presented with explosive energy on this forum!

Standuble

I drive a pair of sneakers. Excellent grip and mileage on them.

I always thought the love of flashy sports cars were inferior Fi in the TJs and inferior Fe in the TPs who are copying the TJs.

KDude

I drive a pair of sneakers. Excellent grip and mileage on them.

I always thought the love of flashy sports cars were inferior Fi in the TJs and inferior Fe in the TPs who are copying the TJs.

The reasoning behind the NTJ thing goes beyond sports cars. The general "theory" is that inferior and tertiary Se have a superficial "scanning" of what Se is about, and if they end up expressing it for themselves, they'll only rely on that superficiality (some INJs might go the other route and dismiss Se, rather than express it.. but for the same reasons.. they've built up a superficial image of it that they want to remove themselves from. Both however have the same problem. They haven't really gotten to know what it's about, in it's more casual sense).

To put it another way, say if you were a public "pollster" or engaged in some kind of statistics gathering, but you only took into account the "loudest" samplings from a crowd. In the same way, NJs will notice the flashier and exciting elements they perceive of Se (from the ESPs especially). It's the "easiest" kind of Se to remember. Some might think that's expected of them in order to "be popular" or get by in the world. But they'll probably overcompensate. The cars flashier than what SPs own, the aggression and "toughness" of some ENJs is over the top. Some ENTJs try too hard to be warlike. They could act out all of this, but half of the time won't know the basics of "good sensing". Like having a physical sense of knowing when enough is enough, when to apply pressure, when to draw attention, etc.. They might be workaholics and not monitor their own bodies. These are all basic "sensing" things, but all they care about is looking like George Patton snorting coke in a gaudy Hip Hop video (if that makes sense). And driving a flashy sports car, of course. Bling, bling.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
photo_zpsb9960d18.jpg

Love or hate, I don't leave much room in the middle.