• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wouldn't drive a truck if you paid me so I agree with your ENTJ.

But why does he have two similar vehicles? I'd ditch the RX-8 and get a more elegant sedan, either Audi or BMW, to grocery get or truck friends around in. This way, there would be more room, a smoother ride with better suspension and handling and an improvement to top and bottom end.

No offense to you truck or RX-8 lovers.

omg im OFFENDED!!!11!eleven

;)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wouldn't drive a truck if you paid me so I agree with your ENTJ.

But why does he have two similar vehicles? I'd ditch the RX-8 and get a more elegant sedan, either Audi or BMW, to grocery get or truck friends around in. This way, there would be more room. a smoother ride with better suspension and handling and an improvement to top and bottom end.

No offense to you truck or RX-8 lovers.

Fixed. No offense taken. I've never driven a car that handles better than an RX-8. Not that I've driven a lot of different cars, but in the various reviews I've read, it will score low or average in several categories. The torque is low, it's a bit of a fuel hog, etc. But it always scores 10/10 or perfect in handling. The small rotary is what enables it to have a 50/50 weight distribution, which would be missing in your BMW or Audi. It's smooth and quiet enough (the rotary, again) that it can be difficult to tell whether you're going 60 or 85 without looking at the speedometer.

Oh, and it costs half as much as a BMW or Audi, which is probably why his friend can afford both cars. :newwink:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Fixed. No offense taken. I've never driven a car that handles better than an RX-8. Not that I've driven a lot of different cars, but in the various reviews I've read, it will score low or average in several categories. The torque is low, it's a bit of a fuel hog, etc. But it always scores 10/10 or perfect in handling. The small rotary is what enables it to have a 50/50 weight distribution, which would be missing in your BMW or Audi. It's smooth and quiet enough (the rotary, again) that it can be difficult to tell whether you're going 60 or 85 without looking at the speedometer.

Oh, and it costs half as much as a BMW or Audi, which is probably why his friend can afford both cars. :newwink:

The RX-8 single rotary engine is a lot of fun and verrry verrry smooth. But it's inefficient as hell and apparently impossible maintain - one thing breaks it dies horribly (the real reason I didn't buy one).

I would however still choose an Audi A5 over an RX-8 if I could afford one.

I'm not a great fan of the TT, it's kind of a hairdressers car, like a porsche boxter or the MX-5 - I far prefer the looks of the A4 to the TT.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I honestly believe that the only reason he keeps the RX-8 is because it seats 4, and the 370z seats 2. Since the majority of the time we hang out it's him, his brother, and I..... We have to take the RX-8.

Jim, about the breaking down thing - I know he always had trouble in the winter with it. Apparently if it's cold out and you start it up.... And you don't leave it on long enough for the engine to heat up before you shut it off, it breaks something. He had that happen to him twice last winter. He moved his car from street parking to the lot beside his house quick, and the car wouldn't start up the next morning.

rav3n

As a fun car, the BMW 135i has near 50/50 and packs a punch like no other with its TT. Try it, you'll like it!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I drive a 13-year-old Civic with manual transmission. Practical, economical, agile in the city: I'll buy something better when I need it.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
But it always scores 10/10 or perfect in handling.

Handling on the road or the race track? Given that its RWD and we're talking about INTs and potentially unexpected road conditions, I cannot help but suggest 4wd sports cars (or sedans/wagons) are more suitable. My old car has active yaw control (not an Evo), and it handles brilliantly even when the driver does something wrong, or there are unexpected road conditions.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Handling on the road or the race track? Given that its RWD and we're talking about INTs and potentially unexpected road conditions, I cannot help but suggest 4wd sports cars (or sedans/wagons) are more suitable. My old car has active yaw control (not an Evo), and it handles brilliantly even when the driver does something wrong, or there are unexpected road conditions.

Both, though I don't do track. The RX-8 is extraordinarily forgiving and responsive. One early morning a few months ago, it was very dark as I came upon a car (cars, actually) stopped with no lights on in the far left lane of a 3-lane 50-mph highway. I noticed them maybe 3-5 seconds before I would have collided with them. I easily changed lanes and drove past without losing any control, in spite of the unwelcome jolt of adrenaline.

Being INT, as you note, I do not push the envelope as a matter of habit. Rather, I like having the wide envelope there just in case I need it. The higher-end models have DSC:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSqBWlbClw"]DSC[/YOUTUBE]
Note the degree of control with and without DSC in the video. My current model doesn't have DSC, and I can tell the difference.

As a fun car, the BMW 135i has near 50/50 and packs a punch like no other with its TT. Try it, you'll like it!

Perhaps, but it's $15k+ pricier, comparing the base price.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
24534_1327968010847_1580340549_795841_4390529_n.jpg

That VW bus/truck is AWESOME, my friend's mom had a baby blue one in mint condition. Loved cruising on the North Shore in that thing...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the most bad-ass looking automobile in its class, if it's any help:

nissan-juke-sporty-package.jpg

Too bad it doesn't perform the way it looks, but who cares? It looks cool!

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Perform? It looks lame, so I'd expect it to perform lame. :alttongue:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I said it was the best looking automobile in its class. SUVs are of a pretty boring looking class.

The Pontiac Aztec was up there, too, but it looked too conservative.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It looks silly and small, and it kinda resembles a jumping spider crossed with a toothless sharklette...

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INTJ I know likes onion bagels. I can't stand onion bagels. Why is this? Maybe we'll never know....

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Juke is soooo ugly! you must be joking..

It should be renamed Puke..

im sorry i just had to.

I bought a Corolla as my first car. basically identically looking to this one:
4c2326f8d2c30449b85fd723c.jpg

Its not my dream car but its reliable, was cheap and is a breeze to do handbrake slide parkings.. ( was practising yesterday while i waited to pick up my girlfriend)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujv1DgQcL8g&feature=player_detailpage#t=8s

From a racers perspective its crap ofc. because it got bumpsteer and is basically oversteery unless your on throttle.

So its a kinda dangerous car. the chape gives lift at the back too so the rear is loose at "high" speeds (140km`t+)

The plus side is that everything works and it has only done 90 000km.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Opel Ampera I want !

150 HP
torque: 3300 In-lp (370 Nm)

150 mpg for 60 miles after that: 67 mpg for another 250 miles

Electric Vehicle with combustion engine serving as range extender powering the battery

Only to expensive with 40k Euro ( $ 53k )

opel-ampera.jpg

Opel_Ampera_6.jpg

Opel_Ampera_7.jpg

Maybe in a few years :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yet Audi and BMW are in Europe driven by people who have small dicks only :D