• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:peepwall: Lol, jim, stop nitpicking at me :alttongue:

You know what I meant. In case you need clarification, I meant people who are not comfortable/not skilled in the field of maturely employing feeling based values. It's like circumventing the work that needs to be put in to learn the skill in order to get to the end result, and imo can only lead to corruption of said work. And, usually, someone who has an F-preference would have more opportunity in gaining these skills, but yeah, I agree it's by no means guaranteed.

I'm aware my Ti (and therefore my nitpicking skills :alttongue:) needs work, so work with me here, will ya? :smooch:

I know, you like your pet peeve, so feel free to break it out if you must :ninja:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm lost. INTJs are using status symbols now?

Hay, babay, check out my "car", bring your "handbag", we'll go for a "ride".

How do you people live with yourselves.

:peepwall: :wubbie: I'm going to stick with you, I think...you seem like the safe INTJ in this thread :yes:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
:peepwall: Lol, jim, stop nitpicking at me :alttongue:

You know what I meant. In case you need clarification, I meant people who are not comfortable/not skilled in the field of maturely employing feeling based values. It's like circumventing the work that needs to be put in to learn the skill in order to get to the end result, and imo can only lead to corruption of said work. And, usually, someone who has an F-preference would have more opportunity in gaining these skills, but yeah, I agree it's by no means guaranteed.

I'm aware my Ti (and therefore my nitpicking skills :alttongue:) needs work, so work with me here, will ya? :smooch:

I know, you like your pet peeve, so feel free to break it out if you must :ninja:

Imagine, the adoration required for an introvert to explicitly state the ideas of what is on their mind. Isn't the sharing of the introverted thinkers knowledge paramount to adoration of the highest order and emotional depth as deep as the blue sea?

Truely then every introvert thinker here does have a somewhat loving emotional depth regarding exchange with ENFPs of some sort which they understand and embrace rather than reject; otherwise the INTJ would reject the exchange of intuitions finding the external environment threatening and unwelcoming.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And I do appreciate about you...but I get a bit antsy when you kick my Ti-achilles heel :blush:
Especially coz, well,.. you know me and I guess I kinda assume you know what I mean :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
And I do appreciate about you...but I get a bit antsy when you kick my Ti-achilles heel :blush:
Especially coz, well,.. you know me and I guess I kinda assume you know what I mean :)

I know; that's why I smother it with Si kittens to make the data and thoughts seem really friendly on occasion.

kittens.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, awwww

Just... bear with me. Give me the benefit of the doubt when I'm not being precise enough and just ask what I mean..plz? :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Lol, awwww

Just... bear with me. Give me the benefit of the doubt when I'm not being precise enough and just ask what I mean..plz? :)

There is the miscommunication, I thought I understood precisely what you meant. Therefore I didn't ask for clarification/agreement, I just overflowed elaboration.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How did I miss this..

SATINE!!! Is F = Emotion? No!

S and N are about irrational likes and dislikes - I like purple (sensing) I like ferrets and their ways (intuition!). F is about balancing internal/external systems based upon hunches of what seems right and wrong and T is all about critically analysing internal/external rational and logic!

Ferrets, clearly an S/N dichotomy! If I were to prefer them for their looks and fluffyness that would be in a sensing way, if it was because of their quirky abilities and how they relate to nature then a bit more intuition.

black-footed-ferret_465_600x450.jpg

Ferrets: Do they know Jung? Does Jung know MBTI? Is god a ferret?

Your mixing part of Fi judgement with N/S dichotomy. "Ferrets and there ways" are about intuition. Like/dislike have nothing to do with N/S as that is a subjective judgement call where the N/S is the subject part of subjective.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Your mixing part of Fi judgement with N/S dichotomy. "Ferrets and there ways" are about intuition. Like/dislike have nothing to do with N/S as that is a subjective judgement call where the N/S is the subject part of subjective.

I disagree because F is a rational function and weighs up pros and cons just like T does but without the characteristic critical analysis, merely based on the internal/external most correct feeling that is available. S and N are irrational functions and have no basis for their choice see: Psychological Types 1921, Carl Jung.

Why does sensing like blue? Why not. Why does intuition prefer a perfect idea of the natural? Why not. But there are alternatives just an irrational 'this is the one I like best!' that occurs.

I'm not saying that generally people on typology forums agree with that definition; but it makes the whole jumbled mess much cleaner when the definitions are crisp. Perhaps my context was 'loose' however.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for explaining that.

HOWEVER, what is worth this or that much money not only varies from person to person but from culture to culture. For example, in the United States we pay performers more than we pay people who perform vital services to the community. This isn't so in some other nations.

So what's important may be measured on a curve, but it's not inherently or objectively the same.

Everything you say is true: money measures these values in the aggregate. It isn't just how much you value something, it's also how much everyone else values something, and how much of that something exists in the world, and how easy it is to get that something from where it is made to you. It also includes everything involved in making that something:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6vjrzUplWU"]The story of the pencil[/YOUTUBE]

In the case of performers, note that most performers are paid very little: lots of people want to be movie stars or rock stars, so there is an oversupply of labor. The market to which the products of a performer are sold is comparatively huge. With the right performer, a single movie or album can sell millions of copies. Unlike the pencil, one cannot simply switch out an expensive performer for a cheap performer the same way one can find a less expensive source of wood, for example. Nor can the music or movie be cheaply duplicated without violating copyright law. It has to be that performer, that copyrighted material. So, a few performers are lucky and make lots of money because they became famous and can take advantage of this latter dynamic, otherwise they'd be as poor as all the other starving artists in the world ... who end up having to take day jobs performing "more vital services."

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
In the case of performers, note that most performers are paid very little: lots of people want to be movie stars or rock stars, so there is an oversupply of labor. The market to which the products of a performer are sold is comparatively huge. With the right performer, a single movie or album can sell millions of copies. Unlike the pencil, one cannot simply switch out an expensive performer for a cheap performer the same way one can find a less expensive source of wood, for example. Nor can the music or movie be cheaply duplicated without violating copyright law. It has to be that performer, that copyrighted material. So, a few performers are lucky and make lots of money because they became famous and can take advantage of this latter dynamic, otherwise they'd be as poor as all the other starving artists in the world ... who end up having to take day jobs performing "more vital services."

Note the Te disdain for working in performance unless their skills are 'exceptional'.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah..watch out with that, as it crushes creativity when not warranted.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Yeah..watch out with that, as it crushes creativity when not warranted.

I was going to start up a thread about ENFPs and how many I've heard with great signing voices complain they don't like their singing voices... Inferior Si is a dreadful phenomenon. But out of Te consideration I thought better of it; you don't like it when we contradict your Fi's or Si's or Ne's .... or Te's. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm, actually inferior Si could use that nudge....providing it's a gently guiding and nurturing thread...not a Te-marching drill :alttongue:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I disagree because F is a rational function and weighs up pros and cons just like T does but without the characteristic critical analysis, merely based on the internal/external most correct feeling that is available. S and N are irrational functions and have no basis for their choice see: Psychological Types 1921, Carl Jung.

Why does sensing like blue? Why not. Why does intuition prefer a perfect idea of the natural? Why not. But there are alternatives just an irrational 'this is the one I like best!' that occurs.

I'm not saying that generally people on typology forums agree with that definition; but it makes the whole jumbled mess much cleaner when the definitions are crisp. Perhaps my context was 'loose' however.

So IxxJs prefer to be irrational above all other choices? Gotcha ;)