• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
:dry: Yeah, I know. And they say ExxP's are the ones that derail threads :steam:

Thread: INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

Totally on topic.

I recently got the fun of trying one of these out for 15 minutes up a motorway.

Lamborghini-Gallardo-Nera-9291.jpg

Great fun but somewhat like trying to ride an unstable stallion -although admittedly the road conditions were poor (a bit icy)- not something I would ever wish to drive every day but it'd be super to take it around a racetrack.

Best car (alright 4x4) I've ever driven :

20071026001zp9.jpg

Landcruiser GXR in the desert, had a manual so it was great fun and really easy to handle regardless of terrain.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like cars if I need them, otherwise they are just things. Boring to think about for more than one minute, whether they are cool or old or flashy or bad-tasty or big or polluting... whatever.

I find the (mostly elderly, right?) INTJ-car fetish kinda cute though, flashing aspirational Se, and trying to play the James Bond-fantasy for a short while. You know, the inf-Se mouse dancing with the dom-Se elephant while shouting "wow - are we making some noise, buddy!!!"

But if I meet somebody (apart from cute INTJs being oneminded and confessing their James Bond fantasy obliviously) who is trying to chat me up about their car / clothes / garden / house / salary / shoes / makeup / work-out / PC-game for more than a minute I will definitely brand them as Mr. or Ms. Boring, Selfcentred, Shallow Person and try to sneak away.

(Ahem, yeah, I guess aspirational Si would likely show up when ENxPs do sloppy make-up and play the Expensive Lady or decorate a tiny corner of the house to play Mrs. Perfect Housewife for, like, 2 short seconds, before tripping over their own heels, while discussing politics and forgetting all about crossing their legs for decency... :blush:)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
23 pages of Ns going on and on about cars! I thought this was a Sensor trait? This forum is full of frauds!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
23 pages of Ns going on and on about cars! I thought this was a Sensor trait? This forum is full of frauds!

It's my 3rd page.

Under General Settings: Number of Posts to Show Per Page:100

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
^ Actually I might change my settings to that....if the internet is acting goofy too many pages can be annoying!

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I find 100 posts per page most convenient except for pictures/movies threads, in which case the small size of the pages speeds things up a bit, especially if you only care about the last 20 or so posts.

rav3n

One of the options in your UserCP, is to stop the IMG tags from autolaunching pics. But it can be a pain if you want to see every pic since you have to click on each of the links to launch.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
How did this morph into an auto-erotic, show us you c*** thread? :)

A car's purpose is to move you from one location to another in comfort and safety. A good "average" car will do that 99% as well as an obscenely expensive one. I don't see the point of paying big bucks just for a feeling of superiority over other men. I'm not saying it's morally deprave to do so, just that it is irrational. It's funny that NTs are the predominant defender of this value here.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

A car's purpose is to move you from one location to another in comfort and safety. A good "average" car will do that 99% as well as an obscenely expensive one. I don't see the point of paying big bucks just for a feeling of superiority over other men. I'm not saying it's morally deprave to do so, just that it is irrational. It's funny that NTs are the predominant defender of this value here.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zwbSDpROm8&NR=1"]It's just that it is irrational[/YOUTUBE]

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

What's funny is that you presume superiority here, when, in actuality, your Ni is so underdeveloped that you can't see other reasons why people like the cars they do, and your Fi is so underdeveloped that you're still throwing around subjective value judgments like a teenager. Oh, and you also have a weak understanding of rationality and irrationality.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
What's funny is that you presume superiority here, when, in actuality, your Ni is so underdeveloped that you can't see other reasons why people like nice cars, and your Fi is so underdeveloped that you're still casting around subjective value judgments like a teenager.
Why do you like expensive cars? If it's rational, you should be able to articulate it without being offended. You feel good because.......

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Why do you like expensive cars? If it's rational, you should be able to articulate it without being offended. You feel good because.......

I appreciate a marvelous piece of engineering.

Define rational, and then show me how it is irrational to like nice cars.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Because they often represent the pinnacle of available vehicle technology.

Because they can be beautiful.

Because they are (much more often than not) made well, using excellent materials.

Because they go fast and that excites me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always wanted to take a DB5 for a spin.