• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
You're so wrapped up in theory you can't see reality.

SJs do this too, for social competence.

This? Buy cutting edge for social competence?

If by "cutting edge" you mean well-established technology products with social cachet which are available on personalised money-saving deals, then yeah, sure. But if by cutting edge you mean cutting edge, then what theory of society and people were you using again?

This Kickass Te has got to stop.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
SJs drive flashy cars too, and are obsessed with having the best.

This is not about having inferior Se.

I think it may have more to do with being a TJ.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@ Jim

It's a vent, a joking one at that. It's a way to let off steam and at the same time be curious as wlel as figure out why on earth people do certain things. I dunno about silly, but I usually do this with a little tongue in cheek, to release some frustration, as well as to learn something and ultimately adjust Fi if need be. Therefore, it's not a finished conclusion, so stop getting your knickers in a twist :alttongue:

Also, I personally love NTJs getting all enthused and geeky about stuff. And hell, I love the fact that you think of practical and efficient things which would never've crossed my mind. Doesnt mean I necessarily agree with your priorities or that I wont' be rolling my eyes at you, and mock you..just a little bit :smooch:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
What does "NT" mean if not "is attracted to potential in ideas"? And how does this not show up in such actions as purchasing decisions? Why would such people not be attracted to items that are both well-enough constructed and new enough that they successfully embody what comes next? And if there really are people who can be typed S, and more particularly SJ, how do they avoid finding well-established information essential in making decisions on buying stuff? How are they not attracted primarily to proven devices? S and N is not a genuine distinction? It doesn't indicate a qualitative difference in such conscious activities as daily decision-making?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What does "NT" mean if not "is attracted to potential in ideas"? And how does this not show up in such actions as purchasing decisions? Why would such people not be attracted to items that are both well-enough constructed and new enough that they successfully embody what comes next? And if there really are people who can be typed S, and more particularly SJ, how do they avoid finding well-established information essential in making decisions on buying stuff? How are they not attracted primarily to proven devices? S and N is not a genuine distinction? It doesn't indicate a qualitative difference in such conscious activities as daily decision-making?

An STJ I know bought a brand new camaro to keep in his garage and look pretty. What is it with SJ and having nice things instead of actually being able to use things? I dont notice this in NTJs, they are actually more "functional" in this regard.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
SJs drive flashy cars too, and are obsessed with having the best.

This is not about having inferior Se.

I think it may have more to do with being a TJ.

You must want to be an SJ, you are obsessed with them, and don't know what you are talking about half the time.

Most SJs drive sensible cars. You'd be hard pressed to find one who is driving something simply to impress other people. That's not our MO.
Somebody mentioned that they would spend top dollar for what they perceive to be quality and worth the money. That's an SJ's motive as well.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
BTW that Cat makes me never want to eat an ice cream bar again.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You must want to be an SJ, you are obsessed with them, and don't know what you are talking about half the time.

Most SJs drive sensible cars. You'd be hard pressed to find one who is driving something simply to impress other people. That's not our MO.
Somebody mentioned that they would spend top dollar for what they perceive to be quality and worth the money. That's an SJ's motive as well.

Of course an SJ would drive a car to impress other people. It's called keeping up with the Joneses.

Cookie cutter beige snotty gated neighborhoods are filled with SJs and Beemers.

Don't hate just because you aren't that particular BRAND of SJ.

I'm telling you, my bff's ISTJ ex had a Porche and an SUV, and lived in Preston, which is like the Cary, North Carolina version of wanting to live in Brentwood or Beverly Hills.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
An STJ I know bought a brand new camaro to keep in his garage and look pretty. What is it with SJ and having nice things instead of actually being able to use things? I dont notice this in NTJs, they are actually more "functional" in this regard.

Some, not all. I know some who may only use the nice stuff on special occasions. Some are crazy enough to not want to use it at all- to just keep it nice looking. But all of us are not like that.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm with SS, and I have to check myself not to judge people with certain types of cars. It's a pretty prejudiced, but easy thing to do. Unless it's an actual hobby, it horrifies me to sink 25+ k into a mode of transportation just because you think it's rad, or it impressess people. I've resolved to never spend more than 10k on a car, and I admit.. my tastes run to ghetto flash. I spent a year driving to work in a 1964 Buick LeSabre 4 door with a matte rose colored (rust) paint job and bubble glass. It was fabulous, and $1200 dollars. My Honda, Lexus and shiny SUV driving coworkers were either very impressed or mostly confused.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Of course an SJ would drive a car to impress other people. It's called keeping up with the Joneses.

Cookie cutter beige snotty gated neighborhoods are filled with SJs and Beemers.

Don't hate just because you aren't that particular BRAND of SJ.

I'm telling you, my bff's ISTJ ex had a Porche and an SUV, and lived in Preston, which is like the Cary, North Carolina version of wanting to live in Brentwood or Beverly Hills.

That's not tied to type, or exclusively to SJs. Any competive type would act the same way- If anything it's more of a Te thing, but that's only if your Pi lends to you to believe that keeping up with the Jonses is the way to go.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's not tied to type, or exclusively to SJs. Any competive type would act the same way- If anything it's more of a Te thing, but that's only if your Pi lends to you to believe that keeping up with the Jonses is the way to go.

That's why I said this was a TJ thing like...four posts ago.

But, yeah, for shizzle those kinds of neighborhoods and such are populated strongly by SJs.

Upper-middle class SJs.

Working and lower-middle class SJs, on the other hand, tend to be more die-hard practical - sure. But not always even then. Depends on their influences.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I don't like the flashy sports car thing either. I like men in trucks :)

My INTJ ex was in construction and wanted to buy an Audi TT convertible. I believe my exact words were, "You may as well drive up to the job site in a pair of panties." He argued the merits of the car and went out and bought it anyway. His first day driving it he came home and said, "All the guys made fun of me!". Who saw that coming? He traded it in 6 months later for a Landcruiser. Wise choice.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want a sports car but my first car will probably be a Hiace or some other van/spacious car.
I hate half ass sporty cars. Like a megane with a "sport" pack. its not sporty its poverty. FF cars in general is fail.
4WD or RWD or you can ditch it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like the flashy sports car thing either. I like men in trucks :)

My INTJ ex was in construction and wanted to buy an Audi TT convertible. I believe my exact words were, "You may as well drive up to the job site in a pair of panties." He argued the merits of the car and went out and bought it anyway. His first day driving it he came home and said, "All the guys made fun of me!". Who saw that coming? He traded it in 6 months later for a Landcruiser. Wise choice.

Thats because he doesnt know how to drive it...promise you give me an Audi TT at a consruction site and people wouldnt make fun of me. They may have to duck from flying rocks as the watch my tail lights after work.

I settled for a truck with power. The looks on peoples faces as a truck is sliding around a turn is great, especially when they are right next to you turning and all they can see is the bottom part of your door.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ

Actually, if there is a point to a thread like this divided along type lines, it's that it seems that choices made by different types won't (often) make direct sense in terms of other types' type preferences.

So, sadly, and once again, this thread isn't really about NTJ Gundam Wings cars penises, same difference. It's about freakin ENFP choices! Always with the me-me-me and what it means about you-you-you. PFFFT!

F isn't F if there isn't evaluation.

Nicodemus

My current car and perhaps the best-looking one I have had in ten years:

niccar.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My current car and perhaps the best-looking one I have had in ten years:

niccar.jpg

i got one of these babies rotting in our bike storage thingy. it needs an extreme make over tho, basically new everything but the body

jopo_projekti_2008_015.jpg