• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
tumblr_lewwf4oMhK1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

Absolutely loved that movie, watched it by myself when I was 11.

It still haunts me, but I love it, love it, love it.

Kubrick was my father's all time favorite director.

Eyes Wide Shut which was kind of a fail was still fun to watch, apparently Kubrick died during post production so it wasn't a complete vision of his, that's what I heard not sure it it's true, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPZQ7ZLy3MI

;)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No, he's just mad at me for starting this thread, and condemning me for being a shallow, judgmental person who's used very little thought and insight on the subject-matter.

And one wonders why I have stopped posting on this forum, a place I used to call home.

Bleh, let him have it.

Peace out guys.

I hope I didn't make things worse for you by calling you out on that one post. I'm really sorry if I did... I hope you don't leave the forums over something I started. As I said in a later post, I can understand where you're coming from to some extent.

Just because I disagree with someone's perspective doesn't mean that I don't want them to express it. I was just pointing out that it could be seen that way, and that I didn't understand precisely why it bothered you so much. I was trying to offer insight and seek clarity, though I might have failed and come across as hostile.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know... no one really wants you to leave. I don't, anyway.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I want a '69 Toyota Land Cruiser. I had one in College. Best car I ever owned. We used to get some beer and take the ladies up on fire roads in the mountains. Good times!

Nicodemus

Absolutely loved that movie, watched it by myself when I was 11.

It still haunts me, but I love it, love it, love it.
It is about the only horror film I can find any merit in.

Kubrick was my father's all time favorite director.
He might be mine, too.

Eyes Wide Shut which was kind of a fail was still fun to watch, apparently Kubrick died during post production so it wasn't a complete vision of his, that's what I heard not sure it it's true, though.
It is not Kubrick's best film, but not his worst either; for pretty much everyone else it would be their opus magnum. When he died, the final cut was already finished.

rav3n

Z said:
Very nice.
Thanks. It appeals aesthetically, functionally and playfully.

SS, why the shame, guilt and disgust over nice things? Not sure why people have to justify their enjoyment due to accurate or inaccurate judgments. For certain those judgments aren't necessarily informed. They're a form of stereotyping, like hating all INTJs, ENTJs or INTPs. Makes no sense.

Bottom-line, toys are fun and life's too short.

Last edited:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
So anyway if you study MBTI at all, you'll be aware for instance that different types tend to buy in different ways. NTs for instance tend to value being competent and are future oriented, and this seems often to translate into getting the latest, well-made thing. Sales people should know about this because NTs will blow out their budget if they discover something newer and better, the cutting edge. (But by "cutting" edge, one means newest AND most newly functional.)

And ENFPs have a problem with this. Their inner traditionalist gets bent out of shape. Suckers.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
man, i just love driving shit that goes fast.
i don't care. just make it go.

agreed. i drive a black vw golf - manual. it's fun to drive, but small. i live/work in the city, so i like to be able to squeeze into tight parking spots.

if you have to drive something - it may as well be a fun ride, well designed and aesthetically pleasing.

i don't judge people on what they drive - except automatic (aka bumper car) drivers. :alttongue:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MKS_Teaser_04_HR_1.jpg

I want a Lincoln MKS. So if that makes me old-manish, or snobby, I don't care, they're nice cars.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
agreed. i drive a black vw golf - manual. it's fun to drive, but small. i live/work in the city, so i like to be able to squeeze into tight parking spots.

if you have to drive something - it may as well be a fun ride, well designed and aesthetically pleasing.

i don't judge people on what they drive - except automatic (aka bumper car) drivers. :alttongue:

i love small cars. always loved roadsters. i'm small so it was like 'wow! mmhmm size cars!'
i still remember 1997 was the year of the roadsters, and when the thai baht was still 25 to
the dollar. good times.

first car i ever bought myself was a peugeot 206cc. tres cute! soso much fun to drive.
i couldn't stop playing with the foldaway roof. i always wanted to climb out of it
instead of using the door.

49busi1.jpg

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i'm little too - i like wee cars. those little peugeot 206s with the sculpted roof are super cute. i like audi TTs as well. muscly little fings with a proper convertible roof are a bit hot.

audi-tt-2.jpg

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
She didn't, she' just vented in a semi-joking way about something :)

Ne-Fi:

When personally attacking other peoples choices based upon your lifestyle and choices is acceptable, but not vice-versa, because they are the subjective labels such as X, Y, Z and A: but you aren't so you are allowed to! ;)

Would you allow your xNFP lady into a cheap and unsafe car? I wouldn't. So be thankful that our investment in cars shows our love for those we carry safely in our travels.

To be honest, if you are going to buy a car buy one you like and one that is safe and efficient rather than estoling the virtues of 'not show offy cars' that have poor miles per gallon, break down constantly, lack proper safety features and are unpleasant to drive adding up to both an unsafe and an environmentally unfriendly experience.

To be honest criticising others because the 'Nice things' they like are not you're favourite 'Nice things' is not really tolerant at all.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Automobiles? Se??
Huh.
I chose our car based on a number of requirements:
- as simple to drive as possible, with as less distractions as possible (read: adapted to a person with near nonexistent Se)
- comfortably and easily adaptable to both someone 1m58 tall and someone 1m95 tall
- big enough for a family with children (we didn't have children at that moment, there's one on its way now)
- sturdy enough for lasting at least 10 years (preferably 20 or something like that)
- a state of the art engine tuned to a low gas consumption

We got one of the last Toyota Corollas...

Automator

MBTI Type
intj
Automobiles? Se??
Huh.
I chose our car based on a number of requirements:
- as simple to drive as possible, with as less distractions as possible (read: adapted to a person with near nonexistent Se)
- comfortably and easily adaptable to both someone 1m58 tall and someone 1m95 tall
- big enough for a family with children (we didn't have children at that moment, there's one on its way now)
- sturdy enough for lasting at least 10 years (preferably 20 or something like that)
- a state of the art engine tuned to a low gas consumption

We got one of the last Toyota Corollas...

Good call on the Toyota. My first car was a '94 4Runner with iirc 130k miles on it. Drove the sucker until it had 250k. Great thing is, I had zero problems with it during that span.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
INTJ and INTP have incredibly different tastes in cars.

INTPs tend to have the Ellen DeGeneres model of any car out there.

I'd love to key the car of an INTJ and watch him erupt.........funny shit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
`
Howdy folks!

I know it's been a while, and this thread concept is sort of silly but it's still got two sprinkles of seriousness to it too.

Which is....

My observation of the oddest thing, that being that INTJs have a thing for *flashy* sports cars.

*vomits/barf/vomit/vomit*

I'm not a fan of luxury cars, I'm not a fan of *men* driving/owning convertibles, and I am NOT A FAN OF FLASHY CARS.

Whenever I see a guy in an ostentatious car, I automatically assume he is a douche.

So, INTJs, OR INTPs, be honest...

Do you like these cars, no, on second thought, I don't really care if you like them for aesthetic reasons, but if you could, would you purchase and drive these cars?!!?!

If so, why?

Is it so you could seem cool, rich, like you're hot shit, like you are a man of Importance?

It just baffles my mind that any INT would actually care for these gaudy cars.

kk, done for now.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK-KFfYA2Vk"]INTJ's Doin' Their Thang ;P[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously, my bff dated the most assholish conceited ISTJ EVAR and she was embarrassed of his Porche.

I don't think this is an INTJ thing, necessarily.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So anyway if you study MBTI at all, you'll be aware for instance that different types tend to buy in different ways. NTs for instance tend to value being competent and are future oriented, and this seems often to translate into getting the latest, well-made thing. Sales people should know about this because NTs will blow out their budget if they discover something newer and better, the cutting edge. (But by "cutting" edge, one means newest AND most newly functional.)

And ENFPs have a problem with this. Their inner traditionalist gets bent out of shape. Suckers.

You're so wrapped up in theory you can't see reality.

SJs do this too, for social competence.

Jesus.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont like cars because they pollute. less pollution, better the car.

i think cars like the one that Zarathustra uses should be made illegal, unless you are a park ranger or have other real needs for a car like that.