• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTJs...

rav3n

My interpretation of this thread is a playful way to look at how to and how far Satine can get NTJs to unwind in a way that works for both. :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
oh, sorry, it came across more as global condemnation. Not really upset, just a bit defensive, my apologies for the raised hackles and emo-tweak.

The part about Se is actually very enlightening. To clarify-I laughed his idea one time-when I saw how badly he responded i felt really terrible, so now I try really hard to not laugh at all and to be very serious and give him corrections or just listen even if it is silly. I smile on the inside, but the big INTJ said being taken serious is very important so I try and do so to the little one. He gives me little mini lectures about the topics he knows about-stars and clouds and planets and stuff.

Did your mom being an Fe user frustrate you at all? My little one already can be very Te and direct. Rather than make him "speak nicely" I try and let him speak naturally, expecting "nice" to be a skill he picks up later. He isnt rude-but he is very Te at times, which many would interpret as rude. I suppose I would assume that being Te would drive you to control your world in a different way from your mom-thus potentially create conflict. A different sort of boundary conflict.

Satine has a point about the enfp teen. Fi-not for use on siblings it appears.

Fe is actually not a source of friction at all because it's easy to Te my way through it and they can be complimentary. On the other hand Si is a really.. bad function. Fe-Si as a pair. There is nothing worse than trying to do rocket science while your mother continually talks to you to list out every single item she just bought from the shop; it totally takes you away from Ni as Se pulls on you and you end up with a major headache. I live alone for a reason and the 2 times I year I visit I'm never happier than when I go home.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@metaphor :hug: Can I like adopt you or something? :wubbie:

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did your mom being an Fe user frustrate you at all? My little one already can be very Te and direct. Rather than make him "speak nicely" I try and let him speak naturally, expecting "nice" to be a skill he picks up later. He isnt rude-but he is very Te at times, which many would interpret as rude.

Im very Te sometimes. Its a issue. Particullarly when im drunk and not very happy.
You would do wise to try to think of a efficient way to teach him to consider the other persons emotions before he talks.
Start early!

something like that.

I think my mother is a ESFJ.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Duality.

Can I get an Amen?

This is duality.

An ENFP sees a hard working person and would like to help them, or, I dunno, get sex from them, but expresses it as would like to tease them. And imagine what "a hard working person" is for an ENFP. That's right, the image that rises up from the primal subconscious of what "hard work" means... an ISTJ.

Now, what would stretch a hard working ISTJ out like he was a long cat? Imagine that this ISTJ is good at his work, is mostly satisfied with it, brings it home with him sometimes because that's just how he works, it's always on his mind, and....

Pfft, I dunno. What does dominant Ne and inferior Ne do when you're sitting on the couch, top button undone and tie pulled down a regulation one inch? Whatever it is, it probably doesn't screw with the dominant functioning of the ISTJ. It doesn't veer his inspection of past and present procedures off into irrelevant territory.

Does it?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, are you seriously back on that topic?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
You're seriously not?

Even the forum is catching up. We now have whole topics on the conflicts. You watch, a year from now, aside from everyone being dead everyone will have agreed with me and congratulated themselves on being the first to discover it.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Kalach: Isn't this just a summary of the INxJ Self Ni -> Se ESxP Anima/us and ENxP Self Ne -> Si ISxJ anima/animus magically finding that Ne/Ni is more interesting because it talks to the self rather than the opposite function?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is that different from the attractions of duality?

Or are we jumping to the end of the story where we find out Satine's been having daydreams again and wanted to flesh them out with some outside input?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, it's called brainstorming :alttongue: :blush:

I'm starting to regret asking here :ninja: :blush:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
So I'm wrong? It's not an imagined scenario?

(And doesn't therefore include unconscious elements?)

((Well, everything includes unconscious elements.... but this one doesn't include those kind of unconscious elements?))

(((Oh, edit tool, how I enjoy thee, your in-the-moment thrill)))

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's actually an attempt at finetuning and smoothing out the dynamic between the two breeds.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Mm-hmm.

By coincidence, I have wondered something similar about pulling stupid Ni tricks on ESPs. Do they freak out or does it intrigue and delight? Who can tell?

I actually recently got to know a pair of best friends, who to the best of my amateur typing ability are ESFP and ENFP. ENFP is easier to talk directly too, but the ESFP somehow gets it better.

And there's some weird synchrony, where I meet my own natural disinterest in blabbing on too far about any given intuition and the ESFPs disinterest in hearing too much intuition. So I switch topics and seemingly the right time.

Or it's all projection. Dunno.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mm-hmm.

By coincidence, I have wondered something similar about pulling stupid Ni tricks on ESPs. Do they freak out or does it intrigue and delight? Who can tell?

Pull a trick and ask them, then you can tell.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ah but see, if I pull a trick, then talk about the trick, the act of talking about the trick compounds the trick, sending the whole thing even more abstract and "holistic". One will end up poked with a stick or something.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah but see, if I pull a trick, then talk about the trick, the act of talking about the trick compounds the trick, sending the whole thing even more abstract and "holistic". One will end up poked with a stick or something.

So pretty much everything is a trick? Please dont poke me with a stick...its not nice.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
In context a "trick" would be to unexpectedly reinterpret something (for fun and profit).

Explaining what one did wouldn't be a trick. It would be dull, and not a trick. But one would be tempted to start talking about why. Naturally one could explain the fun and profit side, but, Holy Moses, will that ever generate an over-arching narrative the likes of which hasn't been seen outside of an Ni mind since, well, whenever an INJ most recently fumbled a date.

Pfffft. Depressing. Duality and type seem inescapable.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In context a "trick" would be to unexpectedly reinterpret something (for fun and profit).

Explaining what one did wouldn't be a trick. It would be dull, and not a trick. But one would be tempted to start talking about why. Naturally one could explain the fun and profit side, but, Holy Moses, will that ever generate an over-arching narrative the likes of which hasn't been seen outside of an Ni mind since, well, whenever an INJ most recently fumbled a date.

Pfffft. Depressing. Duality and type seem inescapable.

But you see its the "profit" that causes problems. We all profit differently, to some explaining would be a profit and fun. I agree that INTJs have a hard time knowing when to "quit" the trick.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
It is presumably better if someone already knows what profit (implication) was aimed at and can either explode it or develop it. Or file it away for later.

Which seems to be the topic of the thread, though specifically we're supposed to be wondering what an NTJ does with an Ne boon. And maybe there is light at the end of this black "conflict" tunnel. Perhaps people not naturally Ne-prone can, with training I guess, join in.