• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTJs...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Pffft, you think my theory's wrong because you're unconsciously already married to two ISTJs and can't work out why still no one's getting any sex.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pffft, you think my theory's wrong because you're unconsciously already married to two ISTJs and can't work out why still no one's getting any sex.

Nope, one I talked to on almost a daily basis for months, and the other I did have sex with on more than one occasion.

I don't want to marry an ISTJ, and I have very good reasoning for that.

But to each their own. Hey - if you prefer a woman who is quicker to, ahem, do what you find attractive rather than a mind mate, then sure...an ESFP is for you.

To each their own.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm, defensive.

And unconsciously married. Mazel Tov.

You can't see it, right? The "connection" to the past. The commitment to it. The marriage.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
whhaaaaat? I'm not defensive, I'm telling the truth.

You're having one of those Ni delusions I keep hearing about. Apparently they aren't all about space aliens and zombies.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Due? No way, Jose. Do you think I'm speaking to you in code or something?

I'm just referencing a trend I've noticed of Ni types to theorize about UFOs and to fear zombies.

Just as you apparently think only people with Si want to get married.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey, man. The only person referencing zombies here is....

Wait, zombies? There's zombies?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
brains.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol. Ok, you two need a room. Pronto.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder how brain tastes like...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To provide one more perspective on Satine's original question:

Verbal/mental puzzles/sparring can be fine, and fun, and even stimulating as long as I'm truly ready to take a break from work and projects. It provides a different kind of exertion, and seems to require a different kind of energy. Good diversion. Any kind of physical chaos, however, would not be well received. This just reaks of "chore". Disorder in my physical environment, except for projects deliberately left in progress, is not conducive to relaxation or fun in any way.

Someone mentioned something about "if the INTJ is bored". This INTJ, at least, is hardly ever bored. There is just too much to do. Not just projects and work, but books to read, music to play, etc. etc. Adding "spice to the lives of workaholics", however, is another matter. It may seem tame, but I appreciate when my partner finds a movie I'm interested in, or a board game we haven't played lately, or spontaneously changes up the usual routine somehow (e.g. camping out in the backyard, or going for a walk at midnight).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To provide one more perspective on Satine's original question:

Verbal/mental puzzles/sparring can be fine, and fun, and even stimulating as long as I'm truly ready to take a break from work and projects. It provides a different kind of exertion, and seems to require a different kind of energy. Good diversion. Any kind of physical chaos, however, would not be well received. This just reaks of "chore". Disorder in my physical environment, except for projects deliberately left in progress, is not conducive to relaxation or fun in any way.

Someone mentioned something about "if the INTJ is bored". This INTJ, at least, is hardly ever bored. There is just too much to do. Not just projects and work, but books to read, music to play, etc. etc. Adding "spice to the lives of workaholics", however, is another matter. It may seem tame, but I appreciate when my partner finds a movie I'm interested in, or a board game we haven't played lately, or spontaneously changes up the usual routine somehow (e.g. camping out in the backyard, or going for a walk at midnight).

Thanks for that input, that's partly what i was looking for. I wouldn't create physical chaos (at least not on purpose, i suck at keeping things tidy though :doh:), but rather mental or emotional chaos. And I do like to make things that he wants and seem straight forward (aka boring!) to achieve just a *weee* bit more challenging and surprising than he expected it to be and getting him to glare at me for daring to get in his way :D

Again, I don't do this when he's had a rough day though..it's more like to spice up boring routine jobs (without a deadline) on the weekend when you can use a bit of stimulation :alttongue:

T

ThatGirl

Do you like a challenge? When you've already got a plate full at work, and you're looking for a hobby to do aside from that, to have something *else* in your life...do you like it when someone at that point demands your attention...demands you to focus on them and deal with them? And I do mean that in a good way. Do you like it if they challenge you to a mental fight, if you will, in which the rewards can be great, but you'd better work for it?

Or is that too similar to work? Is it in fact more work to you?

What is it you do need?

Curious little enfps want to know...:unsure:

I don't really like a challenge with people I care about. Assuming you are talking about romantic relationships. I have found that people who leech onto my mind, or demand my attention, and constantly try to extrovert my N functions, by default, exhaust me.

Truth is, I am not an incredibly 'playful' person IRL. Unless nothing else is pressing.

I do like someone who can joke around and be stimulating when nothing else is going on, or everything is done for the day. Then I can give it my complete focus and find it amusing.

Game playing and "mental chess" is awesome, as long as there is a start and a finish. People who continue playing all the time, and prod at you incessantly to play back, looking for a reaction, bug the shit out of me.

The only time I really LIKE someone to play with me, is in the event I am hyper focused on something that really has no significant importance. Then they can help me get out of my head a little, of which I am always thankful.

I am more impressed by someone who uses their genius on the world, and is their comfortable self with me. Then we can collaborate together, be a team.

The main issue is, that I use a lot of strategic thinking in everyday life, so yes coming home to it can be a chore unless it serves a purpose. Just to be close, and enjoy each others company? I could think of better ways to do that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting, interesting...So dose it properly seems to be the general advice.

I just find that when you do the 'divide and conquer' thing on the world for too long, as a couple, you are at risk of drifting apart as you're both in your own little world. I find that playfully asking for his attention, reminds him (and me) to have some 'us' time ;)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
@TG, you find using intuition exhausting? Next time you are on Vent we should talk about the cognitive style system and how the positions affect tiredness.

T

ThatGirl

I would also like to add, I don't know what intuition is to you, but for me it is something that constantly exists in the background of my interactions, thoughts, and solutions.

Tasks that are asked to bring that to the surface and direct it toward a specific cause are tiring, because that's not how it works.

It can come out to play when it wants to. But usually it is just a state of being. I don't feel the need to constantly exercise it. I use it enough regularly.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, interesting...So dose it properly seems to be the general advice.

I just find that when you do the 'divide and conquer' thing on the world for too long, as a couple, you are at risk of drifting apart as you're both in your own little world. I find that playfully asking for his attention, reminds him (and me) to have some 'us' time ;)
Yes, dosage and timing are both critical. The highlighted is also essential. My SO and I are so good at doing our own thing, we really do need the reminders.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am opened to challenges, bettering my thinking skills, and expanding my horizons. New games for example, reading new books about topics that I'm not familiar with, drawing new things, tweaking my artstyle a little if something else inspires me. Admittedly if that challenge involves risk-taking, I'm reluctant at first. Or if the challenge involves being put on the spot socially. If people let me go about it at my own pace, then I'll take it on.

First, I'll get my priorities out of the way, then I'll take on whatever it is. If it's something very alien or unfamiliar, it would take longer to go about whatever it was. If I have a lot of freetime, I'll be quicker to attempt whatever it is. I find ways to fit unknown tasks/new things into what I already know, and make associations. It's always good to expand the toolbox.