• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Irrational fears of the rationale.

Dizalddin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Title says it all.

Heights.
Spiders.
Ok ok fine. And the dark.

In order from worst to least. Even as an analytical person, no matter what i tell myself. Still feel my stomach drop.

Edit: Sorry if this has already been posted before.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
For some reason, centipedes/millipedes. YOU DON'T NEED THAT MANY LEGS. Instant death to those things.

Low-flying birds [I always duck]

Being paralyzed

That's about it.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Seagulls, hospitals, and bees stinging me. There is just something about being able to painfully insert your butt into another person that just freaks me out to no end.

Marriage could be another one, but I consider that to be more of a rational fear...maybe hospitals too, but the reason why I'm afraid of them isn't rational I think. :shrug:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YOU DON'T NEED THAT MANY LEGS. Instant death to those things.

:laugh:

Heights...so scared of them. I refuse to look out of the windows at the library.

Falling down a flight of stairs--not so irrational because I've done it twice. I avoid stairs now.

Spiders...Dear PTB, please don't let me dream of running into a web tonight. I will sacrifice the spider above the shower in the bathroom so you may grant my prayer.

Static electricity. Is there any way I can ground myself?

G

Ginkgo

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
For some reason, centipedes/millipedes. YOU DON'T NEED THAT MANY LEGS. Instant death to those things.

Low-flying birds [I always duck]

Being paralyzed

That's about it.

You ever see the Human Centipede? UGH.

Insanity.
Heights.
Bugs of any sort.
Hospitals/Doctors. Not so much the doctor him/herself...more of the feeling of people babying me. Ugh. It freaks me out.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Being deemed incapable in certain contexts,
Being emotional with people,
Socialization - to some extent,
Heights,
Really dirty things like toilet water,
Public speaking,
Girls,
Girls,
Girls,

Hmmmmm... That's all I can think of right now.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a kid: lighting matches (because I had been told that my grandpa had once been badly burned by accidentaly lighting an entire matchbox - wrong side of the box left open!)

today: (spiral) staircases without handrails and maggots (well, not really fear but deep seated exaggerated disgust)

url
maggot-worms-00009831-lg.jpg

Never understood fear of spiders, snakes, centipedes etc, cool critters!

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
Being deemed incapable in certain contexts,
Being emotional with people,
Socialization - to some extent,
Heights,
Really dirty things like toilet water,
Public speaking,
Girls,
Girls,
Girls,

Hmmmmm... That's all I can think of right now.

More or less the same, only not the heights & not the dirty things; I curiously have no "physical" fears at all(I'm always the one who brings spiders outside because I don't want that someone hurts them^^), but quite a many social ones. Though, as a kid, I had some "physical ones": I were afraid of sleeping in the dark and, to some extent, heights(but that didn't stopped me from climbing up every tree I saw, so it couldn't be that strong). The most irritating fear of me is that everything other people say or show to me is faked, just to "not hurt my feelings", or to manipulate me etc. (yeah I know I'm paranoid) To be honest, it's a really stupid fear.^^

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Haha, I've had those stairs in my house (sort of).

Never was afraid of them though, even when I was little. Did make some nice trips to the ER though due to them. :yes:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

These top my list. I hate them but I get paralyzed with fear if I encounter one.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
flipped eyelids. i'll punch you so hard in the cocksucker it'll flip back.
gross.

Dizalddin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Another fear: Think its more rational one but. Seeing my death coming. I want to die randomly and suddenly. Had a dream once that i walked outside and saw nukes go off in the distance and the feeling of dread before the explosion reached me. *shrug*

N

NPcomplete

Lighting matches. Still can't do it. pfft. I can't use lighters either..
Alzheimer
Contracting the bubonic plague. I read a book about it once. Scary and gross.
Rattlesnakes. Even hearing the rattle on youtube freaks me out.
Other snakes. They are really really sneaky and I'm way too oblivious to my surroundings to notice anything..

I'll probably think of more during the day.

Dizalddin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Never understood fear of spiders, snakes, centipedes etc, cool critters!

Oh yeah. I love learning about them, how they work, how they evolved, hunt, move, etc. But get one near me and ill be backing away. I think its deeper than that. As humans we needed fear of these things or they could kill us. Just stuck with me more than others i suppose.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
poor bugs, everyone's instinct is to squash them.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Using a hair dryer in front of the sink. Afraid I'll accidentally electrocute myself.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heights (it is a strange relationship, height and I.)
Spiders (I don't understand the fear of it!!!)
Stuff grinding against my teeth
Torture
Being paralyzed/losing limbs

It doesn't really scare me, but I always expect our car to go off a bridge at any given day.