• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Irrational fears of the rationale.

rav3n

Heights
Spiders
Insects in the house
Relationships (fear or allergy? Not sure.)

Dizalddin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Heights (it is a strange relationship, height and I.)
Spiders (I don't understand the fear of it!!!)
Stuff grinding against my teeth
Torture
Being paralyzed/losing limbs

It doesn't really scare me, but I always expect our car to go off a bridge at any given day.

Oh losing limbs... *shudder* you had to remind me. I honestly don't know if i could live like that.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh losing limbs... *shudder* you had to remind me. I honestly don't know if i could live like that.

I've seriously contemplated what I would do if I lost limbs. I am scared of deformity. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if a disk slipped cracking my neck, and it freaks the hell out of me.

I am also a little scared of committing...to anything.

Dizalddin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've seriously contemplated what I would do if I lost limbs. I am scared of deformity. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if a disk slipped cracking my neck, and it freaks the hell out of me.

I am also a little scared of committing...to anything.

Commitment has never bothered me. I guess i just know if i open up to someone, its serious. Being an INTP and all. heh

Sunny Ghost

poor bugs, everyone's instinct is to squash them.

awe. i always feel guilty for killing bugs. :( i try and make a habit of putting them outside... but some bugs are just big and scary.

my irrational fear... boogymen in the dark. i'm not kidding. i freak out, especially if in places i'm unfamiliar with that are dark. i have my bed directly on the floor for this reason, as well as keep my closets jam packed full.

other than that... i don't know that i have irrational fears. i check the backseat of my car every time i get in, just to be sure. i'm paranoid about locking my doors at night...

edit* ahem... relationships--people getting to know me too well & perhaps not liking what they see... as well as fear of being alone. there's also the fear of just settling.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
The irrational part is the chance of happening. Normally you wouldn't care, because it's too unlikely, but if you perceive the odds differently it's irrational.

Has anyone tried exposing themselves to their irrational fears...they say exposure helps, well...except the torture guy..there's no safe way to expose yourself to torture to reduce the general fear of being tortured lol.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Finger nails...
I'd deadly terrified of broken finger nails.. my mom cut her finger nail while she was scaling a fish, and her finger started bleeding. I saw it while washing the dishes, dropped it, and passed out.

Its horrible, I start turning white, shaking, feeling sick, and i'll close my eyes and put my hands over my ears.
I can't bare to hear/see anything to do with finger nails.

When I was younger, my sister closed the glass balcony door on my middle finger and it peeled the nail right off... maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know what it is that causes me to react this way.

That was really difficult to write...

okay I have to stop cause I'm starting to feel sick.

Last edited:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Commitment has never bothered me. I guess i just know if i open up to someone, its serious. Being an INTP and all. heh

I know that me opening up means it is serious, but I think that somewhat scares me away. Not the seriousness!

I don't really get what's IRRATIONAL about that. As long as you don't have them in irrational moments though.
Well, the torture is irrational because I sometimes bring it to incredibly paranoid heights. Losing limbs/being paralyzed doesn't make much sense either because it doesn't really seem likely it will happen. Fear itself seems irrational to me, probably because it is instinctual.

And yeah, I have exposed myself to spiders. Now I can handle those creepy, oddly cute jumping spiders.

cutespider.jpg

look-closely-hes-actually-cute.jpg

shmrie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Alien abductions.

I blame the history channel and watching some UFO marathon when I was nine or ten

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you just want to cuddle them?

They seem to like being pet a lot, for some reason. They are like little pets!

I am still worried they will bit me though. I think my fear of spiders stems from they being so quick, and I can't predict when and where they will bite, or if it will hurt.

Dizalddin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Thats cool!

The other pictures. Not so much. Its the eyes.... :shock:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to be afraid of spiders until I lived in an apartment infested with brown recluses. For some reason that cured me for the most part.

I used to have driving anxiety because my mind would think of it too literally - the actual sense of speed, weight, inertia, how easily a fatal collision could occur, and I would vividly visualize all the scenarios, but I've mostly gotten past that.

I have fears, but it's more generalized now. I work to get rid of any of which I'm conscious.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Fear of losing sanity is my biggest fear (which is basically also fear of what I might do to myself)
then the common fears of snakes, tarantulas, heights and so on.