• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] any INTPs out there? i'm hoping to meet few atleast on the net

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wanted to post a picture of the Sahara and say you were asking for sand, but then I immediately realized that analogy didn't work out, because this was a mixed forum and there are plenty of other types as well. Then I thought, hey, a desert doesn´t have to consist of sand, that´s just one type..most deserts aren't composed of sand. This led me to some wikipedia research into desert types.

There are five types of deserts:
* Mountain and basin deserts
* Hamada deserts, which consist of plateau landforms
* Regs, which consist of rock pavements
* Ergs, which are formed by sand seas
* Intermontane Basins

So I gave up on that analogy, since they all seemed too uniform to fit. So I thought about better examples of environments filled with x but not only x that could be represented on a nice picture. Fish in the sea? nah, not really. More like squirrels in the park. Not good enough either. etc etc etc.

Then I remembered that I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and make some random comment about your hope to meet INTPs.

So welcome and have fun!:hi:

And here´s a picture of the Sahara desert anyway, just for the heck of it.
beatty-john-merzouga-sahara-maroc.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most of the propositions and questions to be found in philosophical works are not false but nonsensical. Consequently we cannot give any answer to questions of this kind, but can only point out that they are nonsensical. Most of the propositions and questions of philosophers arise from our failure to understand the logic of our language. (They belong to the same class as the question whether the good is more or less identical than the beautiful.) And it is not surprising that the deepest problems are in fact not problems at all.

Hi.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Howdy, and stuff? I am also seeking INTPs...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs are a myth.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I wanted to post a picture of the Sahara and say you were asking for sand, but then I immediately realized that analogy didn't work out, because this was a mixed forum and there are plenty of other types as well. Then I thought, hey, a desert doesn´t have to consist of sand, that´s just one type..most deserts aren't composed of sand. This led me to some wikipedia research into desert types.

* Intermontane Basins

So I gave up on that analogy, since they all seemed too uniform to fit. So I thought about better examples of environments filled with x but not only x that could be represented on a nice picture. Fish in the sea? nah, not really. More like squirrels in the park. Not good enough either. etc etc etc.

Then I remembered that I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and make some random comment about your hope to meet INTPs.

:smile: :wubbie:

Sorry, I was just being dumb. :whistling:

:wubbie:

rav3n

To catch INTPs, you have to lay out bait. As an INTP, you should have an idea of what they might find enjoyable like an inconclusive thesis on why paint drying is a productive way to entertain oneself. But never give them the entire thesis. Lay an erratic bait trail one page at a time until you lead them to the facade of a gingerbread house. Leave the door open so they can see that it's actually a library full of inconclusive tomes of the unusual or incidentals. This will lull them into a sense of security enough to step inside. Once they've crossed the threshold, lock the door behind them. They're pretty low maintenance since food and water aren't of major interest but they will need to be replaced often due to shorter life spans.

Much luck in your hunting and welcome to TypeC!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mmmm.... gingerbread libraries.... :drool:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

* Intermontane Basins

If there ever was any reason to question your INTPness well now there's no longer any reason to. ;)

I have my type listed as INTX but I'm probably closer to INTP than INTJ. I relate to the cognitive functions of INTP but have a strong J streak and will often get INTJ on tests.