• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs (and other NTs): Do you pay attention to your physical appearance and health?

Agee

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
Well of course.. What I go for whether it be appearance, health, or w/e, is not just functionality or just style. I go for both. Things that are useful and look good.

So for example in term of my body and eating healthy, training, what I look for is..."What can make me strong, fit, fast, feel better, but also make me look sexy."

Metis

Yes, but I pay more attention to my health. I've seen long, bed-ridden deaths, and I don't want one. When I realize that I'm dying, I want to be healthy and strong enough to escape the paramedics, like I did when I had a concussion, and live the rest of my life as I see fit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Didn't when I was younger. I certainly pay attention to my health now.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but I pay more attention to my health. I've seen long, bed-ridden deaths, and I don't want one. When I realize that I'm dying, I want to be healthy and strong enough to escape the paramedics, like I did when I had a concussion, and live the rest of my life as I see fit.

Kinda reminds me of my uncle calling 911 from his hospital room, wanting them to get him outta there.

whoaaa

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Wear something I like that looks good, and make sure I'm fine hygeine-wise. My current job works me out enough for my appearance to be passable.

I used to not pay much attention to my health. Now I make an effort to maintain it because whenever my health is poor it affects my appearance and the way I act to a certain degree.

Metis

Kinda reminds me of my uncle calling 911 from his hospital room, wanting them to get him outta there.

I almost forgot that I could click "likes" now. Haha, love it. But did they spring him? Probably not... ?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I almost forgot that I could click "likes" now. Haha, love it. But did they spring him? Probably not... ?

No... he needed to be there. They didn't really know what to do. My dad tried to calm him, and they gave him a sedative. He was having hallucinations from being on morphine and needed heart surgery.

Metis

No... he needed to be there. They didn't really know what to do. My dad tried to calm him, and they gave him a sedative. He was having hallucinations from being on morphine and needed heart surgery.

Oh. Yeah, if he wasn't fully oriented, it would probably be considered negligent to let him sign out. This is why I need to visit a lawyer and draw up a legal document stating to leave me the fuck alone if and when I refuse medical attention, whether implicitly or explicitly. I don't need to be incarcerated in a nursing home in my final days/years. Fuck that. I'm dying under a tree in the mountains, or someplace like that. Somewhere pleasant, where I can be left the hell alone.

Metis

Did he survive?

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I watch extremely on my appearance. For me, every person has importance in at least one subject, and taking profit of it demands work. The first impression makes a lot, so I try to always look as good as possible in any situation. Of course, it’s also useful to attract the other people to oneself and makes it easier to charm them. My hairstyle is also important to me and I would like to have a specific hair type to fit a specific hairstyle to fit my ideal self. Then, there are clothes I would love to wear but which are not adapted for socializing.

downtherabbithole

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I care to some degree. I don't really tend to notice how others perceive me or care, but I care about having a healthy diet, being reasonably fit, etc. for myself. I'm having the opposing problem to the one presented - I was always somewhat "goth" and have had an alternative style for ages, now I'm trying to "fit in" more (purely due to realizing this matters as far as amount of money I can make, networking, etc. - which would still be lost on me if not for ENTJ friends pointing it out in an incredibly logical manner)... I'm still trying to decipher the pattern of what presents how, and from what I gather presents well from pattern recog and input feels like a costume to to me. I'm limited in that way, but I was able to quit smoking and stop biting my nails just by deciding to with little effort. It seems easier for me to stop certain behaviors without a blink versus starting new ones (stopping something is easy, figuring out the patterns and best way to do something new is wrought with overthinking).

TopKek

MBTI Type
iNTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not have a rigorous diet or exercise plan, but it is important for me to look and feel healthy and fit. I regularly visit the gym and go on long bike rides 3 days per week. I don't really have planned out exercises and I never just exercise one muscle group at a time, I just get there and I'm pretty chaotic, my general goal is to push my limits with every exercise and not leave until I can't walk anymore. As for my diet, I just avoid eating empty calories but sometimes can't control my cravings and let go.

When it comes to fashion many times I couldn't give 2 shits about how I'm dressed, but I do put in the effort to look decent. My usual style is pretty normal, sneakers, jeans (or shorts), tshirt and a jacket suited for the type of weather. I only put in the effort for special occasions. Tbh for me is personality that counts.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watch extremely on my appearance. For me, every person has importance in at least one subject, and taking profit of it demands work. The first impression makes a lot, so I try to always look as good as possible in any situation. Of course, it’s also useful to attract the other people to oneself and makes it easier to charm them. My hairstyle is also important to me and I would like to have a specific hair type to fit a specific hairstyle to fit my ideal self. Then, there are clothes I would love to wear but which are not adapted for socializing.

Then why socializing ? ;)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not care so much, that I go out of my way. I was blessed with androgenous looks, and an ugly face. I am also a 6 foot tall female. I am commonly mistaken for the other gender. Even when I dress feminine. I must admit, it's rather uncomfortable. So I tend to dress masculine and not care if people mistaken me for male.

RoseAX

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
My ENTP friend cares a lot about her appearance when we are talking about clothing, she even follows fashion trends. But when it comes to her health, she ignores most of her problems and when it comes to healthy diet, her motto about her 'diet' is: every day is a good day for kebab or pizza. And she also don't do any kind of sport.

Then I have ENTJ friend and she is really into being fit, eating healthy, work out every day, responsibly visiting doctor when needed and almost every morning she sends me photos of possible outfits for the day and wants me to help her pick the best one.

And then me INTP, when it comes to my visual appearance, it depends on my mood. I have days when I really think about what I am wearing and how I style my hair and some days I even have a make-up. And then there are days when I can have one t-shirt for whole week and my hair just on loose. But I don't have any worries about my body ever. Probably too lazy for that. I do sports only for fun few times a month, I eat whatever I want and I don't think about the consequences. And most of my healt problems I just ignore because I don¨t have time to go to doctors...