• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and kissing ass.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I suck ass at kissing ass; I can be very polite, even deferential in speech (old people loved me when I was in retail), but inflating someone's ego to get ahead? No. It's about as difficult as small-talk, though with less boredom and more self-hatred, so I don't even bother to try anymore.

I'm also currently unemployed.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Not being INTP, but I'm not an ass kisser as well. I prefer establishing rapport so you can talk to people as if they're on you're own level and people WILL accept it, even if they're superiors or attractive examples of the opposite sex.

sleepy

People have wanted to kiss my ass. Then they get all worked up with being dismissed, then they start to hate. I think one should kick them before the perfume reaches their nostrils.

Let them lick if both are in on it. But I like to observe.

Yeonhee

MBTI Type
INTP
Im an INTP and I find it really hard to kiss ass even when it can seriously benefit me. At work, I kiss by producing really good pieces of work (only for it to be left on someones desk). But I find it really hard to engage in vocal arse-lickin'? Anyother INTPs go through this? There is an INTJ in an adjacent team and I can see he goes through this. It makes us look bad especially since we are surrounded by professional bum kissers. sigh.. theres a group kissing session going on right now and I'm here.. at my desk :shock:

I don't kiss ass, but I can see how you can view others as kissing ass. I have a coworker (ENFP/ENFJ) that likes to coddle others with compliments. I view this with distaste and tease him about it, but to him it's simply what sort of information he takes in and translates it externally.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This is a big "fuck no". My ex-manager would crack these infantile jokes and while my two-faced co-workers were busy giving their best interpretations of a laugh, I was busy doing what I was actually hired to do. Sure he liked my work ethic, but he couldn't stand the lack of ass-kissery and the fact that I always trumped him in the intelligence department. With that being said, I can't stand ass-kissery and if I get the urge to do so, I'll bust the ass-kisser out on the spot.

rav3n

Y'all can't even deliver a genuine compliment, nevermind kissing ass!

*runs away and hides before amassed Ti pelts her with stinging insults*

G

Glycerine

Amazingly there exists a specimen called a "charismatic INTP". ;)