• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Question for ENTJs and other NTs

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTJs do think in abstract terms but when communicating, we've consolidated the abstract into its simplest terms so that anyone, regardless of intelligence level or type, can understand us. No use communicating if people don't understand you.

I sometimes find this very challenging. By the time I put my "ideas" into a more simple, easily explainable form, they aren't really my ideas anymore. They're just some modified version of my idea. I've explained ideas to people before, in a way that they might understand them (because they didn't understand the original, more abstract explanation), and I walk away going, "No, that didn't come out right. That's not my idea at all. That was just a failed attempt to explain it in a way that they would understand." Not easy.

rav3n

I sometimes find this very challenging. By the time I put my "ideas" into a more simple, easily explainable form, they aren't really my ideas anymore. They're just some modified version of my idea. I've explained ideas to people before, in a way that they might understand them (because they didn't understand the original, more abstract explanation), and I walk away going, "No, that didn't come out right. That's not my idea at all. That was just a failed attempt to explain it in a way that they would understand." Not easy.
The abstract does lose some of its flavour when it's put into a more simplified form. But why not start with the simplified form so people can grasp the loose concept and then add the detail if they show interest in knowing more?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
The abstract does lose some of its flavour when it's put into a more simplified form. But why not start with the simplified form so people can grasp the loose concept and then add the detail if they show interest in knowing more?

Because...because...ideas are pure! They are timeless! People should just understand them directly when you mention a hint :p

R

ReflecTcelfeR

^ That would be Ne's fault, I believe. The concept itself may have content ranging from a different places, and Ti has to decide which part of the connection is actually crucial to the idea. With some ideas it's easier to see the crucial components with others it's a synergistic idea that requires a little bit of everything.

rav3n

Would this be an example of Ti-Ne (without the lighter touch explicit elegance of course)?

If this and other components were interlinked, forwards, backwards and upside down, situationally inclusive of the sixth dimension to the third power of interactive resonance and displaying the bending of refraction.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Would this be an example of Ti-Ne (without the lighter touch explicit elegance of course)?

If this and other components were interlinked, forwards, backwards and upside down, situationally inclusive of the sixth dimension to the third power of interactive resonance and displaying the bending of refraction.

:cheese: that's how my mind usually works, if other people knew they would probably place me in an asylum :cheese:

rav3n

:cheese: that's how my mind usually works, if other people knew they would probably place me in an asylum :cheese:
Oh you're no fun! I was giving our Ti-Ne brethren a gentle little tongue-in-cheek poke (with affection) about their love of detail and open-ended conceptual abstractions. :laugh:

T

ThatGirl

I tend to speak abstractly when making retarded simple references to descriptions...

Like, "By the end of the day they dissolved."

Meaning they slowly lost steam till there was nothing left. It paints a larger picture than just saying they were tired. It means despite the fact they did not change their approach or show fatigue they just could not produce more.

Anyway people don't question the abstract that describes little things too often so its not really an issue.

Regarding the way I share my intuition, I am going to be very honest here, I usually don't. A lot of the time I see my intuition as giving me an upper hand in situations, and why would I neutralize that by sharing my intuitive thoughts regarding concrete situations? My thing is, if you missed it, sucks to be you, and I'm going to jump on opportunity.

As far as REALLY abstract ideas that apply to nothing at all, these are usually physicsish. Like, if this thing is governed by these natural laws, and moves with this motion, encountering these dynamics... Then wouldn't this that moves with the same motion encounter similar dynamics...

That usually comes out when I am intoxicated, letting my mind wander, or looking for interesting conversation. The rest of the time I keep my N to myself until I make sense of it and assess its worth to me. Is it beneficial I see this when no one else does, or is this something that needs to be addressed and brought out in the open?

Other than that, I only share intuitive thoughts with others who are tuned into the same things as I.

Windigo

No kidding. As a kid it was so difficult for people to understand what I was trying to communicate to them since it would come out gobbledy-gook very similar to the way that Redbone describes of starting in the middle, working backwards and forwards, random points of entry. When Se finally manifested and Te matured, it was a total relief!

AMEN!!! :D

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I try not to speak abstractly unless I'm certain my audience can take it.