• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Girl IRL

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I met one. I'm still totally like :shock::holy: The point being I never truly thought I would, out here in the world, though rationally, i've certainly met more than enough of the population to hit the odds.

Actually, I've known her for awhile...just not very well. I haven't paid her any mind whatsoever, though I was beginning to suspect something was off because her eyes always seemed to indicate she wasn't quite in the room.

It took my bff ENTJ, who just so happened to sit at the right end of the table, in order to figure it out for me...they had a severely intuitive ("out there") conversation, and I couldn't be socially rude enough to excuse myself from my end of to join it. :cry:

Now, I've been going over all of our past interactions to help me figure out why I couldn't see her a mile off like I do with INFPs. Last night, she was watching another ENFJ in my group play me in chess; common among the sensor girls who, are like, too stupid to learn the game, but also interested in seeing something beyond them for a few minutes. She stayed for both games. The other give-away moment was when she made an "acknowledgment" sound when my opponent made a mistake that led me to near-victory (we stalemated twice--go figure, right?--once in his favor, and once in mine, based on who made the foolish mistake). I already had suspicions, and that particular one made me seriously wonder if there was a brain in that head of hers.

So, now I'm torn between intentionally creating a bridge, or just kind of standing back and studying her passively as though I don't know, and letting things run their course. Everybody is different, afterall, and typology or not, they get along with different people for different reasons. My chess opponent is the "dominant" ENFJ in the group, as he's older, and the group's musician...a talent which I'm only now developing myself. I'm curious to see if anything develops between them...even more interested to see if something were to develop between the ENTJ and her and be a sustainable relationship (I highly doubt it, but it's interesting to watch, nonetheless).

Meanwhile, I'm jazzercising my own Ti. :pumpyouup::banana2::banana::moonwalk::duel::biggrin:--Fuzz

Unique

You must not meet many people, at least approximately 1 in 100 girls are INTP

Either that or you're bad at typing... in which she may not even be INTP

:newwink:

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
The harder you are to reach, the harder you are to type. Keep that in mind.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Curious, so you're saying that she'd be a difficult one to connect to by virtue of personality? Or by virtue of how she's acted?

Hmm...curious indeed. :smokespipeandstrokesbeard:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Another curiousity...her Facebook is painfully bare. Not full of sensor sports, or intuitive musings...there's nothing there except a projected and extremely superficial "skin". This makes me EVEN MORE curious; what, oh what, might she be hiding from? I look back on all of our interactions...friendly, yet shallow...perhaps intentionally so? She's this way with everybody...nobody really knows her.

So my ENTJ friend generates enough respect points in a day to openly state his controversial "N" views that make S-peeps and even some INFJs run in the other direction in fear of the possibilities. This openness seems to have triggered a response from her, and unlike that doomed helicopter trying to signal the alien ship on Independence Day, he actually got an answer that didn't involve green shit.

For now, I will utilize my NT counterpart to gather data. I don't intend on lurking...I may say something...but for the most part I feel like I'm on safari. :) Best to observe in natural habitat before poking around.

--Fuzzy

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I personally don't act INTP in public, so unless someone knows me well I'd imagine it'd be hard to type me IRL. Congrats on finding a live specimen for your research :tongue:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I personally don't act INTP in public, so unless someone knows me well I'd imagine it'd be hard to type me IRL. Congrats on finding a live specimen for your research :tongue:

Indeed...I almost feel as though I've discovered a cryptid. Looking forward to observing mating habits. :rofl1::yes:

So you don't act INTP? I guess that makes sense. None of the ENFJs I know act ENFJ if we can help it Oeufa. I wonder if that's why N is the rarity...curious...I know S can come from N and N from S, but I wonder if there is a genetic connection at all to personality.

--Fuzzy :)p

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Another curiousity...her Facebook is painfully bare. Not full of sensor sports, or intuitive musings...there's nothing there except a projected and extremely superficial "skin". This makes me EVEN MORE curious; what, oh what, might she be hiding from? I look back on all of our interactions...friendly, yet shallow...perhaps intentionally so? She's this way with everybody...nobody really knows her.
i don't do facebook but it sounds pretty familiar although i don't know enough INTPs to have much knowledge of how we generally come across. What you say makes me suspect she may be sp/so type, like myself. i tend to start off superficially. if INTPs have the social instinct they can start to loose some of their INTP identity because
The social instinct focuses on the group, hierarchy, status, the big picture; it essentially focuses on connecting to that which is larger than the self.
sp/so INTPs tend to have a better social face than sp/sx INTPs but i think we're actually more secretive. we're acting a part to keep others away and unsuspecting. i deflect questions about personal things, even things such as my hobbies, with smart alec comments, humour or by directing the question back to them. i'm sure people get sick of it some point, especially sx types.

So my ENTJ friend generates enough respect points in a day to openly state his controversial "N" views that make S-peeps and even some INFJs run in the other direction in fear of the possibilities. This openness seems to have triggered a response from her, and unlike that doomed helicopter trying to signal the alien ship on Independence Day, he actually got an answer that didn't involve green shit.

For now, I will utilize my NT counterpart to gather data. I don't intend on lurking...I may say something...but for the most part I feel like I'm on safari. :) Best to observe in natural habitat before poking around.

--Fuzzy

if the ENTJ engages her in word play or an intellectual topic, he probably will be one of the most successful at getting a response from her. That'll be good for you in getting to know her ebcause she'll have someone she's getting comfortable around and will eventually open up to more people.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
What Edge said. I don't do Facebook or post random details about my life on social networking sites. For one thing, it's boring. For another, I don't want the world knowing my business, even if my business is boring. For another, I don't really feel the need to chat about my life unless it comes up in conversation with a friend. I really hate people digging around and prying me open, because I feel like they're doing it for their own amusement. I open up to the people I feel naturally comfortable with, and people I can trust. Otherwise, you're getting superficial-level, chameleon interaction. I don't have the energy or the inclination to be an open book to everyone in the world.

Also, I'm no sensor, but I wouldn't be fascinated by watching people play chess.

Remember, INTP girls are kind of like the cats of the dating world. The more you try to impress us, the less we're interested. Be yourself, and if she finds you interesting, she'll probably find a way to talk to you about a common interest. But that still may not mean she's interested romantically, because sometimes we just like to talk about interesting stuff.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, I'm no sensor, but I wouldn't be fascinated by watching people play chess.
Uhh, yeah. He seems to be typing her on a basis of elimination. He's so anxious to meet an INTP girl that he's scouring the environment for "clues" which actually turn out to be meaningless. This the the WORST use of typology imaginable.
Remember, INTP girls are kind of like the cats of the dating world. The more you try to impress us, the less we're interested. Be yourself, and if she finds you interesting, she'll probably find a way to talk to you about a common interest. But that still may not mean she's interested romantically, because sometimes we just like to talk about interesting stuff.
Heh, true.
I reckon it's nigh on impossible to woo an INTP woman.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Even if it's 1 out of 100, it doesn't mean they are evenly distributed in the least. Which means it's very likely to run into INTP women in collegiate settings (for example), where the ratio could be 5 out of 100, and yet totally have places where they never show up in the real world. Or maybe she's goth and hangs out on the street, away from wherever Fuzz normally hangs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Even if it's 1 out of 100, it doesn't mean we are evenly distributed in the least. Which means it's very likely to run into INTP women in collegiate settings (for example), where the ratio could be 5 out of 100, and yet totally have places where they never show up in the real world. Or maybe she's goth and hangs out on the street, away from wherever Fuzz normally hangs.

I mean, really, I know more than 100 women, easily, but never met another female INTP (aside from meeting one on this forum)... even in the tech setting. Although I hope to, since that's a better environment.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
That's true, Jennifer. I don't think I know any other INTP girls IRL except for my cousin. And we're so good at chameleoning that I think we're hard to spot, even then. If I didn't chameleon, people would instantly think I was a big snob. I used to get that all the time.

H

Hate

What she said.

I wouldn't get your hopes up Fuzz, once she figures you out or you open your mouth, she'll probably just ignore you.

Completely agree Jock... That OP was the most annoying nonsense I've read in a while. My last GF was INTP, I'm fairly certain she wouldn't like him.

I already had suspicions, and that particular one made me seriously wonder if there was a brain in that head of hers.

Boy, you sure think highly of yourself, don't you?

overainbows

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Tallulah's first post spoke for me.

In fact, if I perceived you were trying to make contact just because all of a sudden you thought I was an INTP, or most likely, I perceived you're forcing a contact out of fickleness (which I think is the case), I'd run the opposite direction right away.

I think INTP's are very good at perceiving when people are acting weird towards them and then become distrustful. Because, like you said, you didn't pay much attention to her before, she didn't seem interesting for you. Then all of a sudden, taking by how anxious you are about becoming her whatever you want to be, you show up all excited around her. And all that social excitement also tends to put us off.

Personally, I hate when extraverts suddenly pay attention to me and conclude in their heads that I must be very interesting. They're usually very intrusive (and I'm extremely sensitive to that), and almost always will get bored. First because I'll hardly share anything of 'real me' and the things that interest me the most this quickly. Second, because there's a huge possibility that what makes me happy is boring for them, starting by my interaction style.

Remembering that in the beginning they wouldn't give me much thought but suddenly got curious and decided there should be something else, i.e all the things they love to have fun with just waiting to burst out of that girl (as I'm not very expressive and am mostly quiet and distant, they fill my 'social blank plate' with whatever they'd like to see). And that leads to the third: I hate when it ends up with extraverts acting as if I had an obligation to entertain them! As absurd as it is, not satisfied with my lack of response to their boredom and disaproval (boo hoo, so worried about my popularity), they get pissed and bash me! It's so stupid I have to laugh. lol

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dont listen to them Fuzzy, go hit her. They are just envious :)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Completely agree Jock... That OP was the most annoying nonsense I've read in a while. My last GF was INTP, I'm fairly certain she wouldn't like him.

Boy, you sure think highly of yourself, don't you?

No, I really don't.

I live in an area (and maybe a church culture?) where intuitives are more rare than what I understand is average...finding someone that speaks my language is a joy and a surprise a lot of the time, INTP and female or not. I love my sensor friends, but so much of the time, it's like I'm speaking English, and they're speaking French. When I say "brain", what I'm really saying is "similar interests".

That, and I'm 2w3 man, I'm a performer...don't take me too literally. I exaggerate because I like to entertain my audience (which only works if they understand that, I guess), if I have one, or else, I just end up entertaining myself. I take it you're a 2w1?

Tallulah's first post spoke for me.

In fact, if I perceived you were trying to make contact just because all of a sudden you thought I was an INTP, or most likely, I perceived you're forcing a contact out of fickleness (which I think is the case), I'd run the opposite direction right away.
I would have made contact if I thought you were an N, in general...INTP or not. I'm not going to deny I'd like to meet INTP women, but honestly, if she was any N, even another ENFJ, I would've been excited to meet her.

I think INTP's are very good at perceiving when people are acting weird towards them and then become distrustful. Because, like you said, you didn't pay much attention to her before, she didn't seem interesting for you. Then all of a sudden, taking by how anxious you are about becoming her whatever you want to be, you show up all excited around her. And all that social excitement also tends to put us off.

I don't intend on showing up and getting overly boisterous around her. I have initiated contact, but like I said, I really prefer to let nature run it's course. Beyond making a shallow attempt to be friendly and actually talk with her about the stuff I didn't know she would've found interesting before my friend's conversation--I don't intent to push hard, and I don't really want a relationship based on my having to push that hard for it.

Personally, I hate when extraverts suddenly pay attention to me and conclude in their heads that I must be very interesting. They're usually very intrusive (and I'm extremely sensitive to that), and almost always will get bored. First because I'll hardly share anything of 'real me' and the things that interest me the most this quickly. Second, because there's a huge possibility that what makes me happy is boring for them, starting by my interaction style.

I'd say you should suddenly conclude that anyone that doesn't want to take the time to get to know you isn't worth your time. I'm sorry you've had experiences with E types that don't care to get to know you over the long haul, or are flaky with that.

That really isn't my intent here. She's going to the same group I am and she's committed to it. I'm going to have to work with this girl for a long time to come possibly...I have no interest in sabotaging that relationship with stupidity...though I can joke around and speak freely here as long as I don't mind getting heckled, I'm obviously not going to actually treat her like some kind of safari animal. Seriously now. If anything, I want to be careful in how I proceed.

Remembering that in the beginning they wouldn't give me much thought but suddenly got curious and decided there should be something else, i.e all the things they love to have fun with just waiting to burst out of that girl (as I'm not very expressive and am mostly quiet and distant, they fill my 'social blank plate' with whatever they'd like to see). And that leads to the third: I hate when it ends up with extraverts acting as if I had an obligation to entertain them! As absurd as it is, not satisfied with my lack of response to their boredom and disaproval (boo hoo, so worried about my popularity), they get pissed and bash me! It's so stupid I have to laugh. lol

Wow. Okay. I can understand your frustration, you've definitely encountered some bad E-ggs. I was talking to Edge last night on Ventrillo...I felt bad when there was a lull in the conversation and she had to pick it up some of the time because of the nature of Ventrillo chat. I never want to make anybody feel like they have to entertain me, and people who do are called "energy vampires". I'm not one of those.

Dont listen to them Fuzzy, go hit her. They are just envious :)

:yes: Consider it done. :newwink:

:wtf:
That's out of order. And complete bullshit.

Well, the mods are the ones in this forum who decide what's out of order. So far as the bullshit part, I'm certain there are plenty of sensor girls that know chess. Just not a majority. And certainly not in my group. Yes I can blazingly use generalities like that because I am not a slave to specific truths. So...I...actually...get...things...done. *falls over in the awesomeness of his J-itude*

Yes, Tallulah, but I already wuv you. :wubbie:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what was the point of this thread?