• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Talking on the phone

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I do spend many hours a day over the phone professionally speaking.

So after that time there is no way I feel like speaking with someone.

I love what I am doing. But I first respect that principle : My energy first.

I noticed my relations with others/communication became different since a few years and I'm glad with that

(I don't give that much importance to my ex dominant subtype_ + other reasons).

Lol I forgot about phone breathers ewwww.. but I haven't encountered that in Such a long time. Recently the thing that I enjoy the most about talking to people on the phone is the pure surprise people seem to experience that someone is on the other line.. it's almost old school communication. I also enjoy listening to people try to fill awkward silence but I'm aware that is weird and slightly wrong.

Phone conversations do feel a bit antiquated. Not quite snail mail level antiquated- yet. It’s pretty mind-blowing how much phone tech has advanced in such a relatively short time. The transition from rotary phones to press button configurations was the major technological shift when I was little. lol The concept of personal computers was relatively new and most people still scoffed at the idea average citizens would have their own computer, let alone one that fits in your hand.

It has been wild to see the mobile computer/phone technology be perfected and become so widespread in just a few decades.

Jaguar

I prefer phones. Too many nuts read things into what you write and even worse, take action on their delusions.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really don't mind talking on the phone, in and of itself, all that much. If it's just a normal, casual conversation, I generally prefer to pick up the phone and call someone versus merely sending a text -- being able to gauge one's reaction and tone is important to me in conversation as opposed to purely textualizing. I do have an admitted bad habit of creating false excuses to get off the phone once I've had my fill of socializing, though.

That said, with subjects of greater importance, I'd much rather prefer doing so in person as opposed to talking on the phone.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I usually just exchange information over the phone and I don't really get personal. Therefore my conversations are generally short and I get want I wanted without too much chat.