• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] My results, could someone explain it.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi

Could the good people of this community tell me what all this means.
Im thinking mostly about the Enneagram stuff.

Introverted (I) 61.29% Extroverted (E) 38.71%
Intuitive (N) 52.08% Sensing (S) 47.92%
Thinking (T) 81.82% Feeling (F) 18.18% (Highest ever, Been thinking alot since yesterday)
Judging (J) 54.05% Perceiving (P) 45.95%

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 36% (might have been different if i had not got beer thrown in my face yesterday)
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||||||||||| 53%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 53%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 63%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 53%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 56%

type score type behavior motivation
1 21 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
7 19 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
3 18 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
9 17 I must maintian a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.

You scored as Type 1
I can`t relate really. As a example i just cutted my own hair without the use of a mirror to watch in the neck.

Your variant is sexual
wot?

jbking

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Just some details...

I'm also an INTJ with a type 1 on the Enneagram. Perfectionism can also be about wanting to be better at everything and never settling. An idea of continuous improvement or constantly learning can also apply here to some degree as finding better ways to do things is another way to state this. Granted my wing is the other way, so as a 1w2 I tend to be helpful and in assisting others my idealism is tempered somewhat. In your case though, as a 1w9 you want things to be perfect and peaceful I think.

1-Enneagram Type One has this to say about a 1w9:
In people of this subtype, the idealism of the One is reinforced by the Nine-wing. Both types tend to be removed from the environment: the One because it relates to ideals and the Nine because it tends to relate to idealizations of people rather than to people themselves. The result is that Ones with a Nine-wing are somewhat disconnected from others, and more cerebral, remote, and impersonal than Ones with a Two-wing. The main type and wing are also somewhat in conflict in that Nines want to avoid stirring things up while Ones definitely want to provoke change. In this wing subtype there is a distancing, a sense of being an outsider evaluator of culture. Because of their apparent detachment, Ones with a Nine-wing are often mistyped as Fives.

"They are restrained in showing their emotions, but they are often generous and loyal friends."

When they are healthy, people in this subtype are unusually objective and fair in their judgments and dealings with others, since they have a special interest in remaining dispassionately involved. They are civilized in the best sense of the word, and often display a “scholarly” quality. There is a spiritual, mystical side to people of this subtype, and an attraction more to nature, art, and animals than to humans. They are restrained in showing their emotions, but they are often generous and loyal friends. As Ones, they strive to be good examples, teaching by embodying what they believe in, yet the Nine-wing gives them a more gentle approach to life than Ones with a Two-wing. They can be gifted, articulate speakers and writers and frequently use their talents to raise awareness of society’s ills.

Average persons of this subtype actively campaign for their beliefs, although they can be pessimistic about whether people will take their advice and improve. Their idealism moves them to want to improve and reform, but because of the withdrawn qualities of the Nine-wing, they are less likely to engage in the politics and sweat necessary to bring about the reforms they believe in. Their emotions are subdued, and they have a tendency to be unconcerned and even obtuse about human motivations and human nature in general. The anger of the One is also harder to detect in this subtype, tending to be expressed in impatience, and sometimes biting sarcasm. They increasingly prefer being alone and look for situations where they can work by themselves-again, like Fives-in order to avoid dealing with the messiness of interpersonal relationships.

Unhealthy people of this subtype are almost completely dissociated from their emotions and unaware of their contradictions. They resist seeing what does not fit into their worldview. They tend to be disconnected emotionally and intellectually, barricading themselves behind stubbornly held opinions. They may also literally distance themselves from others, “heading for the hills,” and leading a hermit like existence. They can be bitter because their severe judgments are not checked by any real compassion for or identification with other human beings. Unhealthy Ones with a Nine-wing readily become obsessed with what they see as the evildoing of others and compulsive about taking measures to rectify it, while disassociating themselves from contradictions in their own behavior. They can cause others a great deal of harm because they do not understand the nature or extent of the suffering they inflict upon others in the name of their ideals.

Here's a description of the sexual variant:
People of the sexual variant are very much interested in one to one contacts. They are looking for intimacy and this may show in sexuality, though not necessarily. Being in a relationship is very important to them. They are the most passionate of the subtypes, being temperamental and having more energy. They have less of a problem with getting into a fight and care less about rules and responsibility.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thanks. it fits better now. not sure about that chakra stuff tho.

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI
I won't say that the MBTI is justifiable, but the enneagram is just about selling books in the esoteric section of some libraries. It doesn't deserve more credit than your astrological sign.

G

Ginkgo

You scored as Type 1
I can`t relate really. As a example i just cutted my own hair without the use of a mirror to watch in the neck.

Your variant is sexual
wot?
I won't say that the MBTI is justifiable, but the enneagram is just about selling books in the esoteric section of some libraries. It doesn't deserve more credit than your astrological sign.

:rofl1:

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea.
"Your variant is sexual"
I have been thinking about it and how do you compare/find the need to be intimate with others?
how do you rate it? five hugs equal one round of sex? how about a quickie?
and how do you remove the health issues from the math. And what about how and were you were raised?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea.
"Your variant is sexual"
I have been thinking about it and how do you compare/find the need to be intimate with others?
how do you rate it? five hugs equal one round of sex? how about a quickie?
and how do you remove the health issues from the math. And what about how and were you were raised?

jbking

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Well....

The need to be intimate with others can be compared to other needs by looking at what priorities does someone have in their life. Do they tend to take care of the basics like food and shelter first? Do they prefer to mix in the world with others in a general sense? Those would be the self-preservation and social variants I believe.

I'd rate it in comparison to other wants and needs in life. For example, I tend to take my job more seriously than have one on one relationships as the pay from that job provides me the money to have the basics like food and shelter covered. For an independent scale, I'd be tempted to examine which forms of vulnerability are being exposed and how high on my list of, "This could really hurt if used against me," things is it. For example, to tell someone about my health issues scares me rather greatly as I'm not sure how someone else would view my problems. Some can understand and offer sympathy while others may think, "Boy, he's got issues! I can't deal with that," which could hurt if I really wanted a relationship there.

If by health issues you mean physical health issues, those could fall more under self-preservation variant than the sexual variant. Other health dimensions though could include relationships which may fall under either social or sexual variants.

One's past plays a great role in terms of where someone is as our present is the sum of all the past experiences. If I didn't get the degree I got, I doubt I'd be doing the work I do currently. If I wasn't hurt the way I was when I was younger, I'd imagine I'd be a different type in some ways as I do believe my upbringing influences my types here to some degree. This is just an opinion and not factual however.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thinking (T) 81.82% Feeling (F) 18.18%
what does that typically mean in social settings? being so little feeling. Sounds wrong too.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeyeye. what does it say in teori i mean.

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
It means that you shall have to fake compassion.

True in some cases. I suspect more the case with males.

Re: the sexual subtype - it's also called "Intimate" and "One on One". I think these are better descriptors. "Sexual" makes it sound like it's all about sex. Rather this subtype is really about connection to one other - intense connection. One way they say is a good way to determine if you're a "Sexual" subtype is if when you're at a party, you are less interested in the food and drinks, less interested in mingling and meeting new and old acquaintances and more interested in finding someone to have a deep conversation with. I know that this is true for me as a "Sexual" type. I'm also a 1w2 and INTJ (sometimes). Sexual Ones are described as possessive and jealous because Ones are prone to anger. I can't relate to that description. I think that passionate is a better word when anger is channeled into passionate expression. Watch out! At least that's been my experience.

Nicodemus

One way they say is a good way to determine if you're a "Sexual" subtype is if when you're at a party, you are less interested in the food and drinks, less interested in mingling and meeting new and old acquaintances and more interested in finding someone to have a deep conversation with.
I do that.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry Nicodemus i did not see your first post.

It sounds close to what i imagined.

Compassion is not a issue.