• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Posts here mean I'm bored

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure you're not an INTJ or some other workaholic-prone type?

The ISTJs are funny because they work for extremely consistent hours, eat at extremely consistent times, go to their breaks at extremely consistent times, and even use the bathroom at extremely consistent times. They're so curious to watch.

Yes...it's like if they don't their lives will unravel. To be uncertain about one's digestive comings and goings means certain death.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Lack of sleep is as bad as being drunk.

I think I went way over the top last night...in a bad way. :( :blush: This will eat at me all day, I just know it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Lack of sleep is as bad as being drunk.

I think I went way over the top last night...in a bad way. :( :blush: This will eat at me all day, I just know it.

What happened? Dare I ask?

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
What happened? Dare I ask?
You were there idling...

Another random thought: I actually screwed up with an orchid, which is pretty rare for me, but it happens sometimes. I cut off a raceme that you would cut off a Cattleya because they don't continue blooming after all the flowers have dropped. However, it turns out that an Epidendrum can continue to use the same raceme indefinitely. The plant is adding new blooms to the racemes faster than the old ones wither and fall off, and all I am doing is watering and feeding the plant, too. Apparently they quit watering them after they went to the store, just like most orchids at such places. It's crazy how well they grow with proper light and a little water...

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ

Unfortunate. I got less sleep than I should have, myself.:blush:

Were you working on something?

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Unfortunate. I got less sleep than I should have, myself.:blush:
I did, too. It's not good, because I need to come up with a complex system today, and I'm still uncertain about anything beyond a very high level.

Were you working on something?
I worked later at work, then after I drank a smoothie thing, I hunkered down and started chatting on IRC. It was...interesting...but lasted way too long and I feel like I went way over the line, so now I regret things. That's the problem with a lack of sleep, which is like being drunk, as I mentioned above.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I did, too. It's not good, because I'm expected to pitch a system model to some select engineers today, and I'm still uncertain about anything beyond a very high level.
Unfortunate. Engineers? Hope it goes well for you, though.

I had a final this morning.:blush:

I worked later at work, then after I drank a smoothie thing, I hunkered down and started chatting on IRC. It was...interesting...but lasted way too long and I feel like I went way over the line, now I regret things. That's the problem with a lack of sleep, which is like being drunk, as I mentioned above.
I've done similar on occasion-mostly under stress. Not usually a good thing.

I'm always tired if I have to get up at six in the morning, though.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Unfortunate. Engineers? Hope it goes well for you, though.
Thankfully, they trust me and therefore I can probably just give them the high level.

I had a final this morning.:blush:
I always hated early morning finals, or anything early morning, for that matter. Sadly, I had to take earlier classes because I had to work in the afternoons as a rule.

I've done similar on occasion-mostly under stress. Not usually a good thing.
No, it isn't.

I'm always tired if I have to get up at six in the morning, though.
Same here, but that's how the world likes to run.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I worked later at work, then after I drank a smoothie thing, I hunkered down and started chatting on IRC. It was...interesting...but lasted way too long and I feel like I went way over the line, so now I regret things. That's the problem with a lack of sleep, which is like being drunk, as I mentioned above.
So, that had to be interesting to see. I wasn't present at all. I just started going through chatzilla and am afraid to close the window, for fear I won't know how to get back. That's why I've been there non-stop.

I think people typically go way over the line in IRC, so maybe it wasn't so bad? It seems like a majority of the time the chats involve humorous remarks about the grossest possible topics: poop, bodily openings and fluids, maiming, hating, etc. It's a whole new approach to small talk. :shock:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
More orchid info:

Epidendrum picture.
It looks a lot like this one, only a different color, and the plant is growing vertically in bark (the one in the picture will ground root), so my flowers are curiously upside-down. As the racemes grow out, like the one in the picture, they might start curving down and looking a bit more natural... This little one is at 6 racemes right now, with two new ones getting ready to bloom for the first time.

The Dendrobium keeps opening blooms, slowly, and they are remaining for quite a while. I love how it's starting to perk up so much - the leaves looked a bit unhealthy in there where it was sitting, now some of the unhealthy ones are dropping and being replaced by healthy ones with the neatest purple edges and center veins. It would be worth growing for the unique leaf coloration alone, let alone the medium-small lavender and white blooms. I must imagine that the root system is happier now, too, as another cane is growing vigorously. The root system on this plant looked pretty sorry when I pulled it out after coming home, and it still has some anchoring problems in the new container because it's so top-heavy in comparison to the roots.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sounds nice-cool leaves.I should get another orchid sometime.

That was my only early-morning final, though. :D The Chem one was at about 10 am.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If lack of sleep was like being drunk, I'd sleep a lot less.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's less obvious to people, but the impairment is the same.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Tonight I catch my flight. I dread this. The calls are starting. Argh.

Someone put me out of my misery. Why can't I just tell them "no" and have them go somewhere else? I really don't want this situation, and I'm being dragged into the middle. I hate the freaking drama queens, arguers, crazies, sneaks, connivers, spies, EXTXs (except my Aunt Mary (by marriage)), etc, I have in my family. I'm being talked at sternly in a voice message by my father, who is repeating "call me" like 500 times in each of the long-winded voice messages he left late last night. I have a mind not to call him, because I really need to work today rather than fix stupid family stuff. Why can't they all be friendly INXXs that are above the table, rather than sneaky, conniving, annoying, lunatics.

I swear, if I could, I would catch the first slow boat to Antarctica if I knew I'd have something to do when I got there.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tonight I catch my flight. I dread this. The calls are starting. Argh.

Someone put me out of my misery. Why can't I just tell them "no" and have them go somewhere else? I really don't want this situation, and I'm being dragged into the middle. I hate the freaking drama queens, arguers, crazies, sneaks, connivers, spies, EXTXs (except my Aunt Mary (by marriage)), etc, I have in my family. I'm being talked at sternly in a voice message by my father, who is repeating "call me" like 500 times in each of the long-winded voice messages he left late last night. I have a mind not to call him, because I really need to work today rather than fix stupid family stuff. Why can't they all be friendly INXXs that are above the table, rather than sneaky, conniving, annoying, lunatics.
Wow. That's why it is so difficult to make progress. When someone manages to rise above their environment, everyone keeps pulling them back down. Of course I don't know you personally, but my impression is that you are sensible and 'really' prefer having people make sense. (also based on INTJ info) I've noticed when you say things, there isn't complex subtext or anything. The simplest explanation, assuming directness, is usually what it's about. Having said that, I realize that this scenario with your family would be especially draining. Maybe that's partly why it is difficult to speak up and address it? Because the one certainty is that a simple reasoned communication will not result? Any words or interactions will result in a downward spiral of confusion and irrationalities? If that is the case, moving far, far away to be inaccessible is probably is simplest solution if it can ever work out.

Condolences.

I swear, if I could, I would catch the first slow boat to Antarctica if I knew I'd have something to do when I got there.
I knew a lady who had spent a year at the science station in Antarctica as the communications/radio person. Just saying. :) I see you point in wanting to move to Alaska. Maybe you just should? Sell the house, find a job, or work remotely? (realizing I know nothing of the details and complexities, but sometimes it's just good to hear.)

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I wish I could work remotely, but I need physical hardware to play with, so I can't work remotely without bringing it. That gets expensive in remote locations.

I tried to move far away, they talked me into letting them come here to live with me. When I tried to avoid it, they started the irrational emotional stuff, and I am again stuck in a similar situation to before, only now I'm the primary income source, rather than the secondary one.

We made it in last night, driving the entire distance yesterday. It was no fun, I still feel like crap, and even the small amount of chaos they bring (a fraction of that which there was) has already copped my buzz.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If lack of sleep was like being drunk, I'd sleep a lot less.

I have tried not sleeping much for the last five months, and it's like all of the stupidity of being drunk without any of the fun. :(

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ever since part of the family has come they have been infringing on my space and offending my sense of order. I expected them to keep all their figurines and doilies and frilly towels and weird soap dishes and mismatched furniture and dog statues and pictures and so-forth to their own rooms, but they have spread all over the house. Even my bathroom has been thrown into chaos, with frilly towels that don't match, among other things. My mum also insists on using my bathroom, which makes it that much worse.

Mum cannot endure not using frilly tablecloths and hanging frilly dish towels and using dishes with colorful flower designs. They accept my plain drinking glasses, but that's because they didn't bring any. My sister appreciates what I prefer, yet it's hard when mum is like a force of...something.

I'm trying to keep the wave from engulfing everything, but it's quite the battle and it's hard to be forceful about it. When they even infringe on my bedroom, it's pretty difficult to deal with. I really want to evict everything from my mantle and leave nothing but my rock-filled vase with my plant perched upon it, but that would break mum's heart. I am fine with them living here, otherwise. They really are the easiest of my family to deal with (rather introverted, particularly grandpa and my sister).

However, there has even been some disagreement over my preference in furniture...

On a different note: I'm now charged with managing all income. Although my income was quite a bit more than enough, the newly-combined household income is positively absurd. Like I said before: It seems like people are throwing money at me so I'll live here...

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm guessing you're not angered to the point of calmly destroying any items that stray outside the prescribed areas. Though that might scare some people into behaving.

Your bedroom? You haven't renounced them yet?:shock: