• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Posts here mean I'm bored

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Why am I up so early?! This hour is unfit for carbon-based life forms...

Oh yes, Lady Gwendolyn landed on the railing outside my bedroom window just a moment ago.

Sunrise:
attachment.php

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Nice.

I have one orchid, can't remember exactly what type it is. It's blooming, though. :D The one flower I usually like.
So, how is the blooming going? Pictures?

Was it just starting to grow a spike, or were blooms out?

My new red-fuchsia-ish colored orchid came with three spikes blooming, one just buds (that one is opening now), two definite spikes, and two potential spikes (they appear to be preparing to grow, but I'm not holding my breath). I have no clue what kind this one is, too.

The dendrobium's remaining buds are getting larger, so they'll open soon.

It's about that time of the year when Lc. Secret Love blooms again, so hopefully I'll get it down here before it starts sending up spikes. Two months without my care might take a toll on the blooming schedule, though. We'll see, they're trying to care for them...

This is Lc Secret Love, which has bloomed for me 2-3 times a year (roughly every 4-5 months) since I bought it (the rest have been far less prolific bloomers, but I believe this is mainly a light issue):
lc-secret-love-barbara-am-aos.jpg

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
DSCN2785.jpg

Yes, the quality sucks. I just got the camera....:blush: Spent money on the laptop...and I need some for college.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Nice Phalaenopsis! It's even one with the branching spikes. :D

I never had good luck with those, but I might get one again sometime, now that I have a house with better lighting. I tend to prefer plants where I don't need to stake the flower spikes, too, so I'm planning on building some wall mounts, then I'll be able to grow a phalaenopsis more naturally.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks. :D I got it for a Christmas present. It's sitting in the east window now, and seems content.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
In 2006, or 2005? If 2006, I'm quite curious what the name of the hybrid is, because I've never seen one that wanted to bloom more than once a year.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
2006. I don't have the name for it, sorry.

Says it's from some Green Valley greenhouse in MN, though, if that's at all helpful.:blush:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, it's rare that they mark orchids unless you buy them from a proper tropical nursery or orchid grower. Most that you get anywhere else are unmarked (like the two I just got that are driving me mad because I don't know what they are).

I'm impressed by two periods of blooming in one year from that type of orchid!

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh yes:

I'm dementedly bored, but I don't feel like sleeping right now. I wanted to keep working, but I had to go home because the last person with the codes was leaving. :( I hate coming home from work sometimes.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh yes:

I'm dementedly bored, but I don't feel like sleeping right now. I wanted to keep working, but I had to go home because the last person with the codes was leaving. :( I hate coming home from work sometimes.

I can remember a time when I hated leaving work on Friday afternoons. I hated the thought of having to wait 2 whole days until I could go back again.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sure you're not an INTJ or some other workaholic-prone type?

The ISTJs are funny because they work for extremely consistent hours, eat at extremely consistent times, go to their breaks at extremely consistent times, and even use the bathroom at extremely consistent times. They're so curious to watch.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
No, I am definitely not a J.

I was working closely with an INTJ and an INFP at the time and we had a great working relationship. It was probably the first time ever that I truly enjoyed the company of other people that I worked with.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
That can and often does happen with INTPs for me. I also like INTJs, provided they do something entirely different from me and only understand my area enough for basic conversations. I don't like the brutal debates we INTJs tend to have among ourselves when we share an area of expertise.

We have at least a few INTJs where I work, including over half the engineering department. The upshot is that they all work in different specialties and if they have similarities, they keep them split up.

I do find it funny, however, that people believe I'm an expert at all kinds of things with which I have no experience. Most of our techs are ex-military and for some unknown reason they believe I am an expert in almost everything. They'll come to me with things I've never seen, believing I know everything about whatever they need help with (and, of course, I solve their problems). It's a very curious effect.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Next weekend I'll be traveling a bit over 2000 miles in 2.5 days via aircraft and ground-based vehicles. Madness.

Still trying to identify one of my orchids. Quite elusive.
It is actually a very common, rather free-flowering, heavy-feeding orchid, of the genus Epidendrum, and from there it's hard to say - could be species (there are a lot of them), or maybe a hybrid (near-infinite possibilities), but it grows and has flowers shaped like secundum that are fuchsia-colored held high on a raceme. Grows easily, prefers plenty of light, and can be grown outside, provided it is sufficiently watered and defended from direct sunlight.

Random: I keep forgetting to eat.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do that as well...though usually, it's just that I don't want to eat at that exact moment because I'm in the middle of something.:blush:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do that as well...though usually, it's just that I don't want to eat at that exact moment because I'm in the middle of something.:blush:
It's been a little over 23 hours since I last consumed anything.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Really? Are you at the stage where you're not noticing the hunger anymore?

Holiday here=lots of food, and being stuck at the table until everyone else is done.:steam:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't tend to notice it much, particularly when doing something interesting. If I'm bored and in an otherwise good mood, I'll get hungry more often. I usually have to remind myself to eat lunch.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I always forget breakfast, unless my Aunt forces me to eat it when I'm over at their place.