User Tag List

First 45678 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Sure you're not an INTJ or some other workaholic-prone type?

The ISTJs are funny because they work for extremely consistent hours, eat at extremely consistent times, go to their breaks at extremely consistent times, and even use the bathroom at extremely consistent times. They're so curious to watch.

MBTI
    INTP

No, I am definitely not a J.

I was working closely with an INTJ and an INFP at the time and we had a great working relationship. It was probably the first time ever that I truly enjoyed the company of other people that I worked with.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

That can and often does happen with INTPs for me. I also like INTJs, provided they do something entirely different from me and only understand my area enough for basic conversations. I don't like the brutal debates we INTJs tend to have among ourselves when we share an area of expertise.

We have at least a few INTJs where I work, including over half the engineering department. The upshot is that they all work in different specialties and if they have similarities, they keep them split up.

I do find it funny, however, that people believe I'm an expert at all kinds of things with which I have no experience. Most of our techs are ex-military and for some unknown reason they believe I am an expert in almost everything. They'll come to me with things I've never seen, believing I know everything about whatever they need help with (and, of course, I solve their problems). It's a very curious effect.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Next weekend I'll be traveling a bit over 2000 miles in 2.5 days via aircraft and ground-based vehicles. Madness.

Still trying to identify one of my orchids. Quite elusive.
    It is actually a very common, rather free-flowering, heavy-feeding orchid, of the genus Epidendrum, and from there it's hard to say - could be species (there are a lot of them), or maybe a hybrid (near-infinite possibilities), but it grows and has flowers shaped like secundum that are fuchsia-colored held high on a raceme. Grows easily, prefers plenty of light, and can be grown outside, provided it is sufficiently watered and defended from direct sunlight.

Random: I keep forgetting to eat.

MBTI
    INTJ

I do that as well...though usually, it's just that I don't want to eat at that exact moment because I'm in the middle of something.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    I do that as well...though usually, it's just that I don't want to eat at that exact moment because I'm in the middle of something.
    It's been a little over 23 hours since I last consumed anything.

MBTI
    INTJ

Really? Are you at the stage where you're not noticing the hunger anymore?

Holiday here=lots of food, and being stuck at the table until everyone else is done.:steam:
    We are not poets

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I don't tend to notice it much, particularly when doing something interesting. If I'm bored and in an otherwise good mood, I'll get hungry more often. I usually have to remind myself to eat lunch.

MBTI
    INTJ

It's breakfast that I usually forget.
    We are not poets

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I always forget breakfast, unless my Aunt forces me to eat it when I'm over at their place.