• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Entps- SELFISH?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Are ENTPs prone to be very selfish?

Long/Short- I did a big favor for my 'best' friend. He failed to keep his part of the deal, made promises he didn't keep, and even when I asked him outright, he denied there was any problem on his part. So I went out one night and took possession back of the 'big favor'. I can't believe how he reacted. he was really hurt. He said I was harsh, I didn't give him a chance, yadda yadda. There was no real admittance on his part, when I gave him over year to get to that point!

I was thinking- Can NeTi make one really fail to see that he's THE problem? He really failed to see how frustrated and serious I was, and didn't see my constant phone calls and text messages as warnings.

O

Oberon

What you're seeing is probably characteristic of an immature ENTP. We're not as bad as all that when we've grown up a little. :D

O

Oberon

Oh, the mature ENTP may lag big time in providing the agreed-upon quid-pro-quo... but he'll at least have the decency to feel bad about it and admit that that's what he's doing. :D

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Im nothing like that at all. If its a maturity thing than either im a mature 17 year old ENTP or he is EXTREMELY immature because im almost always loyal in a deal. As an ENTP I would never say "you never gave me a chance" or something like that it sounds a little dramatic and Im really not like that. You sure he isnt an F?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
One ENTP is selfish. Therefor all ENTPs are selfish.
Yay!!!
Take it out on him not on the type.

ENTPs are true altruists!!

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm a selfish person.

Nevertheless, I'm a fair person.

I'll live up to a deal. Hopefully you will too.

(I'll break your legs)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Selfish - yes, I want primarily to pursue my ideas and my goals. I wouldn't act like your friend did, though! I want to be honest and fair! Of course, it's possible that I don't "see" that I'm the "problem". If you act hurt without telling why, it's very possible I don't understand. I don't want to be mean, I just don't understand hints, especially not of the "you should KNOW why I'm hurt" kind. And yes, I'm a woman... who are supposed to be good at that sort of thing.
If, on the other hand, you told me: "I did you that favor and I'm pissed because you promised this to me and didn't do it"... I would be very sorry about my behaviour indeed. You have to spell such things out for me. (My ESTJ husband is very thankful for this trait - means he hasn't to be subtle either :D)
Normally I keep my promises though! At least, I try to do it.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was thinking- Can NeTi make one really fail to see that he's THE problem? He really failed to see how frustrated and serious I was, and didn't see my constant phone calls and text messages as warnings.

Not meant to say that all are selfish-my bad.

But Tamske answered my question best. I never said that I was hurt to him, but it's like 'c'mon man do you really think I'm okay with you giving me the royal runaround like this?' I'm not an F but if I did this to a good friend/relative I'd be able to discern that my actions would hurt personally.

Tamske also said 'sorry for her bahavior' - but not sorry for how it affects the other person, even if it's a close friend or relative?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Tamske also said 'sorry for her bahavior' - but not sorry for how it affects the other person, even if it's a close friend or relative?

No, that's not what I meant... I would feel sorry about messing up, but the reason I see that as "messing up" is precisely because of the very negative effect on other persons.

Example. Two years ago I combined a part-time job as a teacher with the teacher's course. I was emotionally more close to the results of my students than to my own results.
If I mess up on my own studying, the only one having problems with it would be myself - I would get a bad grade and maybe have to do the year again.
If I mess up on my teaching, however, a few dozen students would suffer from it. I would judge this as worse than just getting a bad grade on my own record.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
ENTPs are well-equipped to rationalize their actions and make these rationalizations known to others, if need be. This is probably what you observed.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds like immaturity and avoidance. Immaturities can be, and usually are, present in anyone/everyone. Avoidance is often one pitfall of ENxP E7ness in a negative space.

Status
Not open for further replies.