• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP men and your approach to sex

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love sex. I feel it helps me express my Fe. Its good for its own sake too.

Kinda like some kink to spice it up.

I am more confident now...but especially appreciated overt female responsive acts such as mammalian nuzzling or other physical reassurances (and not too many instances of red herring sexual/relationship retreats). This reassured me and made me more comfortable about doing a good job and enjoying myself.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Most INTPs take pride in being wary of their feelings. They see the hints, they know the stupid code, but they wait for a rational proof. They just pretend to be innocent.

I do this all the time. I'm not as oblivious as I make myself out to be. I'm just waiting for them to make their move.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(and not too many instances of red herring sexual/relationship retreats).

Why are you washing our dirty laundry on the forum, honey?

Seriously,trust me, that is no female specialty. This Red Herring, for example, still hasn´t forgiven a certain INTJ for flaking last minute in a pretty lousy way. Worst of all: We had this insider joke about telling each other trivia ("Did you know that..."). That particular night he flaked and told me a few minutes later: "Did you know the male blanket octopus is much smaller than the female which can be 100 times larger than her mate?" I didn´t analyse it at that very moment, but it sounded strange. As I thought about it afterwards and found the following description "The male blanket octopus spends his existence drifting along waiting to meet with a female. If the male meets a female, he fills one of his tentacles with sperm and tears it from his body. He gives this sperm-filled tentacle to the female which she then uses to fertilize her eggs. Afterwards, the female leaves the male, who floats away and dies."...ehm, was he trying to tell me something? Am I overanalyzing this or was that his subconsicous working? It definitely wasn´t a physical reference - I don´t have the build to crush anybody. But I consider myself rather cuddly and non-scary for an INTP, so what on earth made him suddenly think of the sexual dimorphism of the blanket octopus?! It´s not like I was pushing him into a potential relationship or anything either. I just wanted to have fun and see how it goes. He was the one thinking long term. *sigh* Sometimes guys can be so complicated!

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Unless I was drunk I will never be the first one to initiate sex. I'm 21 still a virgin don't see sex happening anytime soon sadly.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
This super-passive stuff is how INTPs wind up married to pushy women they complain to high heaven about later. :laugh:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why are you washing our dirty laundry on the forum, honey?

Seriously,trust me, that is no female specialty. This Red Herring, for example, still hasn´t forgiven a certain INTJ for flaking last minute in a pretty lousy way. Worst of all: We had this insider joke about telling each other trivia ("Did you know that..."). That particular night he flaked and told me a few minutes later: "Did you know the male blanket octopus is much smaller than the female which can be 100 times larger than her mate?" I didn´t analyse it at that very moment, but it sounded strange. As I thought about it afterwards and found the following description "The male blanket octopus spends his existence drifting along waiting to meet with a female. If the male meets a female, he fills one of his tentacles with sperm and tears it from his body. He gives this sperm-filled tentacle to the female which she then uses to fertilize her eggs. Afterwards, the female leaves the male, who floats away and dies."...ehm, was he trying to tell me something? Am I overanalyzing this or was that his subconsicous working? It definitely wasn´t a physical reference - I don´t have the build to crush anybody. But I consider myself rather cuddly and non-scary for an INTP, so what on earth made him suddenly think of the sexual dimorphism of the blanket octopus?! It´s not like I was pushing him into a potential relationship or anything either. I just wanted to have fun and see how it goes. He was the one thinking long term. *sigh* Sometimes guys can be so complicated!

Ha ha that sounds like a good INTJ pickup line.

Seriously, I don't know if its a type related thing or a sex related thing but in my experience women seem to read much more into these apparent relationship analogy comments than is healthy. If the fuck comes up with something like that its best to ask for a "WTF are you saying response" or otherwise an invitation to elaborate. (I don't know about INTJ's but if it was me it most likely would have merely been some random trivia which is a good if not superior replacement for small talk)

Then again maybe he was throwing out a red herring ;).

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I´m not saying he was consciously using it as a metaphor. I am merely considering whether his subconscious was at play here ;)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I´m not saying he was consciously using it as a metaphor. I am merely considering whether his subconscious was at play here ;)

I very much doubt it. That just sounds like a random factoid that means nothing, and I think you are overanalysing.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
This super-passive stuff is how INTPs wind up married to pushy women they complain to high heaven about later. :laugh:

It may prevent me from having many relationships, but there's no way I would ever be coaxed into marrying anyone unless I was 100% sure they were the perfect match, which I basically never am.