• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Intimidating ENTPs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Intimidation is ma middle name

funny-pictures-angry-cat-in-bath.jpg

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My good friend, Josh, is an ENTP 8w7.
I am an ESTP 7w8.
We are so alike it is not even funny, so I'll comment here from of the perspective of how he is perceived by others.

How often are you intimidating?

Not often because he puts alot of effort into communicating effectively.
But he is a big guy, and a tall guy, so if he cops a certain look at someone who doesn't know him I can see that being potentially intimidating.

How often have others found you intimidating?

I've only seen him get pissed once, and it was on a phone call with a software developer in California, and he shut them down. :laugh:

Do you think you could ever be intimidating?

When needed, but certainly not thought of as necessary for 99.9% of life's circumstances.

No real point behind these besides my sudden curiosity.

These are the most fun questions to answer! :biggrin:

Also! I would like to hear from others who know ENTP's in real-life.

See above answers...

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd like to be a little more intimidating, especially to (some of) my students!
If they allow me to do physics with them, if they ask questions and are generally interested, I'm a very nice (and I guess/hope also a good) teacher. But if they act out and I have to intervene, then I have always compassion with them and I don't want to punish them. They learn very quickly I hate to punish and of course act out even more. That's really sad for the good pupils who just want to understand what the lesson is all about.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I sometimes meet people who are intimidated by the fact that i'm so friendly, out-going, good-natured, talkative and larger-than-life. They suspect that I must be hiding something, for example, or that it must all be some sort of construct, or I must be over-compensating for something... they find it hard to believe that it's entirely possible that I might just be this way simply because it is the way I am.

Personally, I think it's inevitable that you will upset and intimidate a few people if you want to get anything done, if you want to be useful, if you want to make progress, if you want some sort of glory. People hated Jesus, and Gandhi, and The Beatles...

Some people are just intimidated by success.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Fantastic response! :nice:

O

Oberon

Though I fully believe myself to be pretty thoroughly ENTP, I'm about as intimidating as Spongebob Squarepants.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When I need to get serious, or something I care about isn't being done. Most of the time I don't really care where life takes me, since I think life will just take me wherever and I'll just go along from there. If people are telling lies and I'm aware of it, I'll usually stay aloof, but I'll nonchalantly call them out on that lie if I can. If it pisses me off enough, I'll just say 'You're fucking full of shit'. The reason for my aloofness...meh, it keeps me out of trouble, from worrying about pointless things, being like everyone else, etc.

I forgot to mention this as well. I can turn on the intimidation if I'm there to get something I want or to put someone in their place. Otherwise, I'm pretty uninvolved and will let nature take its course.

Not trying to be intimidating, but not wanting anyone to get away with underestimating.

This. As mentioned before, I'm not a big person, so while a lot of people will undermine me in a physical sense, I tend to come back and kick their asses with wit, which isn't expected. I'll even say stuff if it doesn't exactly go to their tune, no matter their size; however, to those who could break my neck with one arm, my tone is never recognized as "fighting words," just shooting the shit (as usual).

They suspect that I must be hiding something, for example, or that it must all be some sort of construct, or I must be over-compensating for something... they find it hard to believe that it's entirely possible that I might just be this way simply because it is the way I am.

Absolutely. I nearly got into a fight (unknowingly) by saying hello to a random stranger on a porch while walking down the street. "Having a good night?" started a short conversation in which the person started shaking my hand, gripping it harder and harder, staring dead into my eyes. I just kept smiling, oblivious to the fact he was ready to pull me to the ground. We're friends now. :hifive:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL ;) I thought this thread was about how the heck you do to intimidate ENTPs ;)
I'd very much like to know. I mean... I have done that, but they never show it when I do and they've got some weird stuff about not backing down even if they're wrong.
So, tell me, how do I intimidate ENTPs so much that they jump out of their skins?
Short of shooting kneecaps, holding infants out of windows etc, that is. :(

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've been called intimidating more times than I can count. I'm not sure why.
I think it's because I come off as really chilled out and friendly... until I open my mouth. I guess because I am very to-the-point with my choice of words and I always carry myself with confidence.
But I think I'm a really nice and easy going person.

I'd very much like to know. I mean... I have done that, but they never show it when I do and they've got some weird stuff about not backing down even if they're wrong.
So, tell me, how do I intimidate ENTPs so much that they jump out of their skins?

I've never backed down from anything, ever, if I believe in what I am saying. I'm not afraid of anyone.
But if I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong. This does not mean that I've backed down though. I've only just let you score a point.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i see myself as assertive. vasilisa mentioned that there is a duality and i think that's true. i am naturally friendly and i love meeting people and squeezing the fun out of life, but if you wrong me - look out.

physically i'm not intimidating. i'm little and i'm often told i look friendly and sweet - i very rarely raise my voice and i never swear - not my style. i also don't get emotionally invested in discussions - i am calm and can seem detached. i remember being at a meeting for work once with some cats i didn't know. a lot of rubbish ideas were being floated and i sat and listened and then after a few motormouths had burned themselves out i flatly said a few things that were on my mind. afterwards this old grumpy guy came up to me and said 'where did that come from?' so there is a juxtaposition at play, particularly because i'm a girly entp i think.

i think entps when they're growing up can be a bit louder and more verbose - until they learn to harness their personalities. knowing when to shut up is as important as knowing when to speak up for the sake of your reputation and efficacy (particularly in a professional context)... you know - discretion is the better part of valour.

reflecttcelfer, what made you ask the question? you been out scaring people with your big personality in prep for halloween?!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I just noticed that I was not intimidating what so ever to anyone I asked, sometimes I think my facial expression looks angry so I try to lighten it, but this, and the only other thing that could make me intimidating is my size (I'm about 6'5"-6'6"), but I'm too incredibly goofy to be intimidating. However, I have shocked others with how quickly I can go from being kooky to extremely logical. I just wondered if anyone else felt this way and almost everyone does :D. I wondered if I could ever be truly intimidating, but I see it now as I'm only perceived as intimidating to the people who don't know me.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You are not intimidating at all.

And, "how quickly you can go from being kooky to extremely logical", is one of the reasons why I enjoy the ENTPs' company.

One of my close friends is an ENTP, and I find that quality to be amusing instead of scary. In fact, I'm usually the one who makes him pass from the first state to the second just for fun. :D It results in highly interesting conversations.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You are not intimidating at all.

And, "how quickly you can go from being kooky to extremely logical", is one of the reasons why I enjoy the ENTPs' company.

One of my close friends is an ENTP, and I find that quality to be amusing instead of scary. In fact, I'm usually the one who makes him pass from the first state to the second just for fun. :D It results in highly interesting conversations.

I always look forward to those conversations :D.

I think most ENTPs are not intimidating.

It isn't our 'role' to be intimidating I suppose. We'd never get any of our ideas out there if we were. They're dangerous enough as they are :devil:.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It isn't our 'role' to be intimidating I suppose. We'd never get any of our ideas out there if we were. They're dangerous enough as they are :devil:.

Tho talking yourself into believing you are not intimidating could be perceived volitionly differently :).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You people do smell like soup, though. A curious sort of french onion, me thinks.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL ;) I thought this thread was about how the heck you do to intimidate ENTPs ;)

We love big challenges but tend to be bored by mundane ones. If you want to intimidate us, put us face to face with something completely structured, regimented with absolutely no room for a creative response.

There's almost always a possibility for a creative response, ergo ENTPs are seldom intimidated.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
i think entps when they're growing up can be a bit louder and more verbose - until they learn to harness their personalities. knowing when to shut up is as important as knowing when to speak up for the sake of your reputation and efficacy (particularly in a professional context)... you know - discretion is the better part of valour.

This is the story of my transition from teenager to adult.